May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Yes

Yes

Rolling down I-20 at the moment.

XD 45 in the door beside me, my little buddy on the other side:

a2aru8ah.jpg

ymu9yge6.jpg

Loaded spare mags in a grab bag center of back seat.

More stuff in the trunk.

I travel a lot and while I've carried a pistol with me for years I just started traveling like this the night of the last Presidential election when certain elements were threatening riots and violence if Obama lost.

I don't leave weapons in the car at night and When I have to stop I always keep the car in view.

Oh, and I improve my odds by avoiding a lot of areas all together.
    Capitol Armory ad

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Gotcha. help me out one more time - blocking the freeway?

Rioters.....I mean, peaceful demonstrators in Houston blocked the freeway and marched through traffic over the TM case.

Everything was blocked up, people yelling at drivers, everyone was pretty well blocked on.

It was fuel waiting on a spark and nowhere to run.

00ChevyScott

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2014
    Arlington, TX
    For some of us, $500-600 is quite a bit of money! I'm saving up for a house in the country and land is $$$ expensive down here. Maybe if I could find a cheap used one...

You won't find a better AR for $600 than that Adams Arms deal. It's an excellent gun. But, you will have to drop a little more on some sights or an optic. Rifles are not cheap, especially if you throw semi-automatic into the mix. If the political climate wasn't what it is today, things may be a little cheaper, but I don't foresee things getting better any time soon.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Rioters.....I mean, peaceful demonstrators in Houston blocked the freeway and marched through traffic over the TM case.

Everything was blocked up, people yelling at drivers, everyone was pretty well blocked on.

It was fuel waiting on a spark and nowhere to run.

I'd be willing to bet there was more than a few guns locked up in that freeway jam.

It must have pissed the rioters er, peaceful protesters off to no end that none of those evil CHL holders stepped up to throw a little spark on their fuel.

locke_n_load

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    You won't find a better AR for $600 than that Adams Arms deal. It's an excellent gun. But, you will have to drop a little more on some sights or an optic. Rifles are not cheap, especially if you throw semi-automatic into the mix. If the political climate wasn't what it is today, things may be a little cheaper, but I don't foresee things getting better any time soon.

I was thinking an upper like this:
    PTAC 16" Mid-Length 5.56mm 1:7 Upper - Without BCG or Charging Handle
    Then a $100 BCG, blemished lower for $59, LPK for $40, BUIS for $80, and scrounge for CH/Buffer tube assy/buttstock (I have these somewhere).
    So that's $480 + shipping. No optics - this rifle would be to get me to my battle rifle at home. And I work 3.5 miles from home as well.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Nice gun, TXARGUY!

Also keep in mind that those "peaceful protesters" who shut down the highway also attacked a vehicle that went off the road and along the shoulder trying to rush to the hospital. One of the ladies rolled down her window to try and plead with the crowd to let them through and wound up getting punched in the process.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    At least the police were there to intervene and get things under control.............

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Yep. If it does get stolen (or confiscated) a $200 shotgun is a lot less painful than a $600 AR.

A cheap external hammer double barrel 12 ga coach gun has been on my list for a long time now... that'd be perfect for a truck gun with some buckshot in the center console lol

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I don't know about all this gun stuff, but I almost always have my favorite folding chair with me.

9598455869_cd1d33f887_b.jpg

I like what you've done there. I also like a nice beater shotgun over a rifle for this use. Let me rephrase, my lack of eyesight prefers your concept.

A cheap external hammer double barrel 12 ga coach gun has been on my list for a long time now... that'd be perfect for a truck gun with some buckshot in the center console lol

Either you guys lack the capability to read, or lack the capability to comprehend the words that you're reading OR (and I hate to even entertain the thought) you're just dumbasses who just don't give a shit.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Either you guys lack the capability to read, or lack the capability to comprehend the words that you're reading OR (and I hate to even entertain the thought) you're just dumbasses who just don't give a shit.

WTF are you ranting about?? Is it that they are talking shotguns in a rifle thread??? (Not that many here oppose those who bring up revolvers in pistol threads, LOL) Or do you have another reason for denigrating them and their opinions???

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    WTF are you ranting about?? Is it that they are talking shotguns in a rifle thread??? (Not that many here oppose those who bring up revolvers in pistol threads, LOL) Or do you have another reason for denigrating them and their opinions???

A revolver is a pistol. A shotgun is not a rifle.

Might as well post up some cat pics.

I know the fellas I quoted in my (rant?) post. Pretty thick skins. Doubt any one of them did much more than chuckle a bit.

Top Bottom