• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Either you guys lack the capability to read, or lack the capability to comprehend the words that you're reading OR (and I hate to even entertain the thought) you're just dumbasses who just don't give a shit.
    This is how much I give a shit.

Rm6LYH8.jpg

Chirpy

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Hutto, TX (kinda)
    I'm building a "security cabinet" out of a 20mm ammo box to lock up a long arm in my trunk. I figure that having that cabled through the body of the car stops most simple smash and grabs and even one step up from that will be stopped. Now if someone is walking around with bolt cutters they'll get in, but so far all the times I've had a car broken into nothing more than a screwdriver and hammer have ever been used.

I figure it's a reasonable effort to secure against the bulk of the threats out there.

Andy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    Always at least a pump-gun loaded with #1 buck (Flitecontrol wads) along with slugs on the side; mostly in case of a school shooting.

Last edited:

HKSig

Let's Go Brandon!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Spring
    I've been thinking of an AR in the trunk, but I supposed a pistol gripped 12 gauge pump would work...

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Took mine out yesterday, checked it, re-lubed it, checked ammo, checked a few other items in there and then put it back in it's hidey-hole. Good to go in case of trouble that seems to be brewing on the horizon.

DEBUSK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2014
    Katy Texas
    I keep my AR locked in my trunk kind of different because its a car, but If you're worried about theft you can make a simple metal mount that's key locked to the truck. My guess is that if you've got time to make it to your truck, you've got time to access a quick lock. - bottom line if someone wants it badly enough, they're going to get it. Ex: can't take the rifle, lets steal the whole car.... Locks only keep honest people honest. Take pictures of everything in your truck, list how it is secured, then send that to your insurance company to see if they will cover theft of that item. If you're covered and something happens, worst case scenario, report your serial number stolen to your local PD, contact your insurance company, get the check and buy a new weapon.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GURUNANDA9
    Top Bottom