• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    So I have been on fire for rimfire lately. It's a great, cheap, fun form of entertainment that can include shooters at all levels. I know there are more than a few rimfire addicts on this site and I'd really to get some ideas, etc. for improving the Rimfire Section here on TGT. Here are a few of my ideas(some borrowed/stolen from others). Comments and new ideas ARE welcome. Thanks for your input.

1. Rimfire Competitions: I believe we ought to try and host a Rimfire Competition(possibly twice a year) in which we can all gather and shoot it out with our rimfires. I like ideas similar to these... First link provided to me by Matefrio-

Rimfire Tactical Precision Match

This video looks fun

2. Monthly Downloadable Target Competitions: I was thinking it might be fun to have a monthly downloadable target we can all shoot. That way we can compete against each other on our own time AND get to shoot against TGT members in different cities. Any of you have any interest in something like this?

3. Sticky the Rimfire Pics Thread- I went ahead and did this yesterday(I hope it's ok with admins) so we could start hitting that thread hard. PLEASE POST PICS in our rimfire thread located here:

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/rimfire/18248-post-your-rimfires.html

Let's hear some of y'alls ideas!
    Venture Surplus ad

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I was involved with that kind of activity in Tulsa. We used plastic soldiers like you buy in a bag full. Another time, we used shotgun shell hulls as targets.

Currently, our group lays clay pigeons on the 200 yard berm and picks them off with scoped 22's. It's great fun! One guy will lead off on a target and the others try to pick it off before he does.

Flash

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    I was involved with that kind of activity in Tulsa. We used plastic soldiers like you buy in a bag full. Another time, we used shotgun shell hulls as targets.

Currently, our group lays clay pigeons on the 200 yard berm and picks them off with scoped 22's. It's great fun! One guy will lead off on a target and the others try to pick it off before he does.

Flash

Good suggestions. Rimfire is rapidly becoming what I want to shoot most of the time.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    I recently bought a .22 conversion for my Kimber and a Buckmark. My range has a cool gallery so I can take my son with me and complete. I'm sticking with iron sights for now to work on our marksmanship.

IMAG0621.jpg
    IMAG0619.jpg
    IMAG0620.jpg

I'll be there tomorrow!!

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Good suggestions. I'm all for it. Shooting Chuck's little .22 pistol last time was pretty fun and another .22 long gun is definitely on the list.

On a side note, those are some sweet guns they have in that video and in the pics in that first link.

Does anyone have a Savage MKII BTVS? Or has anyone shot one?

9x19

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    I've been a bit of a rimfire fan since the early 80s when I was a poor USAF enlisted man with a wife and three kids!

I'd love to see more participation in these forums... and I'll try to contribute more as well.

Dragwn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2012
    Plano
    I recently bought a .22 conversion for my Kimber and a Buckmark. My range has a cool gallery so I can take my son with me and complete. I'm sticking with iron sights for now to work on our marksmanship.

IMAG0621.jpg
    IMAG0619.jpg
    IMAG0620.jpg

I'll be there tomorrow!!

How far from DFW is your range? That looks like a lot of fun and a good place for me to get my wife used to her new mossy she is picking up the end of the month.

And where somewhat close to DFW can we hold meets? With enough notice I would like to do this. I want to get my act together with my mossy.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    Greenville
    The downloadable targets and twice a year gtgs sounds cool! I'd definitely be game!

Just as long as the locations rotate, so some of the people in the more rural areas get a chance. Maybe do a three times a year deal and do a tri city rotation. My suggestion in no particular order, Houston, San Antonio (or Austin), then Dallas. Those 3(4) cities are close to at least everybody.

Also, the downloadable target needs to fit on an 8 1/2 x 11 paper. Don't know many people that can print larger sheets, unless your a photographer and have a wide format printer.....hehe.

Just my .

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    The downloadable targets and twice a year gtgs sounds cool! I'd definitely be game!

Just as long as the locations rotate, so some of the people in the more rural areas get a chance. Maybe do a three times a year deal and do a tri city rotation. My suggestion in no particular order, Houston, San Antonio (or Austin), then Dallas. Those 3(4) cities are close to at least everybody.

Also, the downloadable target needs to fit on an 8 1/2 x 11 paper. Don't know many people that can print larger sheets, unless your a photographer and have a wide format printer.....hehe.

Just my .

You're in luck... I'm working towards downloadable targets as we speak. If we get enough participation in that, then we can start talking about statewide meets. Local meets are always fun and Houston crew has been doing them the last 4 months in our range days.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Sounds great. Houston might be a stretch for me though. Me and the admiral will have to get together and keep each other honest. No 100 yd indoor stuff around here so we get a handicap for wind, right? Lol!

on the phone

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Best thing about our downloadable target competition is that anyone from anywhere can participate. I agree about shooting outdoors in wind vs. indoor. I literally just shot the best 50 yard group of my life indoors this weekend(10 thru the same hole), so I have a new respect for how much wind plays a factor in my shots. Not sure about a handicapped system, but higher scores shot outdoors will definitely impress the shit out of me.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Dan Wesson forum does this occasionally. I never participated. Of course they pony up money and mail in targets. Too much opportunity for bs.

on the phone

Top Bottom