• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    The long distance clay pigeon shoot works best as the clays are biodegradable and there is no trash to pick up. After a short time, the clays turn back into dirt. After you whack the whole bird, then you go for the pieces. It gets harder as you go.

A big box of clays runs about $6 at WW or at Academy.

Have fun!

Flash
    Lynx Defense

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Sounds great. Houston might be a stretch for me though. Me and the admiral will have to get together and keep each other honest. No 100 yd indoor stuff around here so we get a handicap for wind, right? Lol!

on the phone

I might have to reconsider any wind handicap. I just tested out the 2 new Rimfire Targets I made. I drilled 5 shots easily in the 100 yard target. I used the smaller 50 yard target at 100 and drilled 5 more shots. Then I used the even smaller 25 yard target at 100 and drilled 4 of 5. 10-15 mph wind.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    So I stopped into academy on the way home today and they have that Savage MKII...I told myself no more gun purchases for awhile but I'm awfully tempted...pretty sexy gun for under $400

Brought to you courtesy of Tapatalk

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    So I stopped into academy on the way home today and they have that Savage MKII...I told myself no more gun purchases for awhile but I'm awfully tempted...pretty sexy gun for under $400

Brought to you courtesy of Tapatalk

You knew that would happen if you stopped, but you did it anyway.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    You are like a mosquito with West Nile in a horse barn. We're all infected now.

on the phone

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    You knew that would happen if you stopped, but you did it anyway.

Haha, actually I didn't think they would have it or I thought if they did it would be overpriced since most of the stores near me suck. I'll tell you though, the guy working the gun counter was a joke...you would think they would try to find someone who actually knew a little something about guns. This poor guy was all mixed up and kept talking about 22-250 when I was talking about rimfire and started asking me questions about different guns and calibers. Conversation kinda ended up opposite of what it should be but oh well.

I blame it on Scott (and maybe the rest of the Houston group) for spreading the infection.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Im looking to get a good bolt action .22LR rifle, prefer a tube fed over box mag but the tube has to be just short enough for me to mount my can. Anyone know of a .22 that matches this discription?

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    100 rounds at 45 ft. Rim fire is fun and cheap.
    p22 target mash.jpg

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    From what I've heard, Marlin makes some of the best tube-fed .22's out there so I'd probably start there. That being said, I've never owned a tube-fed so I have no personal experience.

On a side note, does anyone have any scope recommendations? I'm probably going to pick up that Savage this week...I considered pulling one of my Leupolds or Redfields off of one of my .243's but may just get a whole new setup. I have a Bushnell Trophy 3-9x42mm on my Remington 597 which hasn't been bad for a budget scope but would really like something with mil-dot or BDC this time around.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Very well... Getting very close to posting... In fact, I was coming to this thread to post this:

In an effort to bring all our rimfire shooters together, I will be posting a few different rimfire challenges that everyone can compete. I will provide the targets for you to download/print, you have the obligation of reading and following the rules. We are going to have targets that are very easy(for novice rimfire shooters) and ones that are very challenging(for our more experienced rimfire shooters). All scores(and preferably targets) must be posted before the end of the month of August. Since I am on a time pinch to get this out, I am borrowing our first challenge from the folks at rimfire central.

Top Bottom