Texas SOT

ROUND COUNT & WHAT SHOULD I LOOK OUT FOR IN A SEMI?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    Whichever pistol you decide to go with, I highly suggest you find a competent gunsmith to look it over.
    It is far better to spend a few dollars, than loose a few fingers or an eye.

Test firing something is very important also, that is unless you have a lot of money and can afford to buy things you may find unappealing later on.
    Venture Surplus ad

Bowyer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2017
    I don't care how many rounds each gun has been shot. I just look at the overall condition.
    When selling a gun and people ask me what the round count is I just pull a number out of the air.

I have this old Beretta 92fs police trade in that has countless amounts of ammo through it but it runs like a champ.

Buy quality guns and don't worry about round count.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    A quality firearm that is not maintained can be dangerous. The number of rounds in a well maintained firearm
    is generally not an issue.
    Example:
    I have a Springfield "Loaded" that I have owned for many, many years. It has had over 30K rounds down the pipe during this time. It is all original.
    I keep track of the round count, so I will know when to replace the springs or the extractor.
    A few years ago I returned this pistol to Springfield for a minor repair. The primer pockets on several of my reloads allow hot gas to escape and burn a small ring around the firing pin hole in the breech. While it was at Springfield, the Service Manager called to talk to me about the recommended repairs. During this conversation I told him about the round count this pistol had received. I asked him if they could give it a once over while it was there and then give me the results. The guy called back in a couple of days and told me the pistol retained over 95% of its original specs and tolerances. He asked me who had done the trigger work on my pistol. I said "you did". I told him it was just the result of 30K cycles. He laughed and said "we charge a lot of money to make a trigger that nice". Probably less that the 30K rounds it took to get it that way.
    Anyway, I am not a gunsmith. Probably few on this sight are gunsmiths either. I still recommend you find something you like. Then have it checked out by a competent gunsmith. A quality firearm will give you better service and length of life than will a less well made firearm.
    It is your money and your choice. Good Luck with whatever you get.

Top Bottom