• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joking

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2015
    Houston
    Refresh the page. Mine is showing $779.99 and the photo of the rifle is gone.
    Refresh and still see it. Switch to Chrome still see the sale price and the picture.
    7bae11ad6f18a7593f286ed3e2a4f609.jpg
    8ac90ac3adf56795130971c5af919339.jpg

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    It makes sense that the price would jump as the pre order pricing would end once they received their allotment. I'm thinking its more of a coincidence then anything.

OT... IMO, every one who panicked the last go round have either held onto their shit or sold it. Many that sold took a lost and I don't see them as being part of another panic with this particular event. Is it possible that some are in panic mode, I'm sure, but they are no where close to the numbers of panic buyers we've seen during Sandy Hook and pre election 2016.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I'm just glad I got my LTC a while back. I have a green card, so buying guns was always an automatic 3 day delay.

You're a veteran and a national guard, you'd think they'd provide some exceptions for you.

I use to get delayed all the time, then it just stopped.
    There are all sorts of reasons that the system kicks it over for further review I'm sure, however I'm willing to bet that one of the common reasons could simply be their system is just slow at times and if it takes more then X amount of time it's automatically passed on to a person to complete the review. And of course once that happens, you are now in line waiting on the next available operator to process your form.
    In my case, I never had to wait more then 2 business days and most came back within 20 or 30 minutes when the FFL was able to stay on the line for me.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I'm just glad I got my LTC a while back. I have a green card, so buying guns was always an automatic 3 day delay.

You're a veteran and a national guard, you'd think they'd provide some exceptions for you.
    It has happened to me several times. I think it is mostly because I am born abroad. Just speculation though. More incentive for the CHL. I don't have much excuse for not getting one other than not being able to carry at work.

Just got the text that I have been cleared. I'll pick it up tomorrow.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    It has happened to me several times. I think it is mostly because I am born abroad. Just speculation though. More incentive for the CHL. I don't have much excuse for not getting one other than not being able to carry at work.

Just got the text that I have been cleared. I'll pick it up tomorrow.

Same here. I got used to carrying in other states that didn't require a formal training so I have been dragging ass on the CHL since I got back to Texas. I hate that I have to do a live fire portion after carrying in the USMC and for the last 4-5 years out of state

heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    Same here. I got used to carrying in other states that didn't require a formal training so I have been dragging ass on the CHL since I got back to Texas. I hate that I have to do a live fire portion after carrying in the USMC and for the last 4-5 years out of state

Don't worry, the live fire portion of the test is a joke. There was a lady that took the test with me and passed without having ever shot a gun before. You'll pass no problem. Also, LTC application fees are only 40$ right now. And since you're a veteran, I think the state has better pricing for you if not waive the fee altogether.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Don't worry, the live fire portion of the test is a joke. There was a lady that took the test with me and passed without having ever shot a gun before. You'll pass no problem. Also, LTC application fees are only 40$ right now. And since you're a veteran, I think the state has better pricing for you if not waive the fee altogether.
    I could shoot it with no arms I just feel it’s useless if you are military or have had a license in another state. But I’m all signed up for later this month now. No sense in mebitching about it anymore

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    LOL, the range qualification is the only portion of the LTC class that is not boring. Anyway, I'm headed to the range this morning with my new AR556 MPR. I plan on firing about 20 rounds, then I'm going to switch out the BCG with a PSA BCG. I mounted a UTG Bugbuster on it. It was the only optic I have that wasn't attached to something else. I have a red dot on the way. Should be here Tuesday.

IMG_2155 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/152171653@N05/

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Getting back into the AR game, I just picked up a lower to start planning a mid-range build but for the money, this sure has been tempting me since they announced it. I just might shelve the build and get this. The lower certainly won't be going anywhere.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Getting back into the AR game, I just picked up a lower to start planning a mid-range build but for the money, this sure has been tempting me since they announced it. I just might shelve the build and get this. The lower certainly won't be going anywhere.
    You are getting a ton of AR for the money. Totally worth it at $559

Top Bottom