• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Picked mine up this morning. I haven't found any flaws yet. Spent a while field stripping and cleaning off the factory coating or whatever that is. The chamber and barrel were pretty dirty. But it's all cleaned up and lubed now. Everything seems to function correctly. The take down pin and pivot pin are really tight. The extractor pin was tight too. It seems to be a solid rather than a roll pin.

Very nice trigger. The trigger group is different from my other ARs. First two stage I've ever had. Slight bit of take up, then a very clean break. Trigger pull measures 3½ lbs.

Thinking about putting a Sig Sauer Romeo5 red dot on it with some Magpul MBUIS. That's gonna have to wait until my next welfare check comes. :)
    DK Firearms

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Mag lockup seems fine in mine with both PMags and USGI 20 and 30 rounders , both loaded and not.

Also, as Bozz mentioned, pins are tight and the same goes for my 16" version.

heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    Yea the pins were extremely tight on mine as well. I had to use a brass punch to get them out. I put some CLP on the pins and worked it a few times and now I can at least use my fingers to push out the pins

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I forgot to mention that my pins were also sealed up tighter than a dolphins bunghole. I think I might check out the Savage MSR's next. Never thought I would be buying factory ARs again

heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    Waiting for your feedback.

I received the BCG today. Here's some pictures. I actually don't think it's as nice as the Colt BCG that came with the LE6920. I lubed it and threw it in the MPR for now. The staking on the gas key screws isn't as impressive as the one that came on the Colt. It's sufficient still. The bolt is magnetic particle inspected, but NOT high pressure tested, which some argue could lend to greater life expectancy. Toolcraft does offer a life time warranty on these though.

xQB8nSH.jpg

rymHA5F.jpg

1ICu1II.jpg

Last edited:

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    So has anyone actually shot their MPR yet or are you guys just going to look at it?

:popcorn:

Sadly, probably won't get out there for a while. Full time Dad duties during the week and work on the weekends cut into what time I use to have to go to a range. Though I do feel that it is getting close to the time to introduce my daughter to shooting and if that goes well I could see a regular trip to the range every couple weeks or so.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Hope to get to the range this week or next. I've got a cheap Bugbuster mounted on it for now, with a Sig Sauer Romeo5 on the way.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I see that Sportsman's Outdoor Super Store is no longer selling the MPR for $559.99. The price has jumped to $779.99. Wonder if that has anything to do with Las Vegas.

heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    I see that Sportsman's Outdoor Super Store is no longer selling the MPR for $559.99. The price has jumped to $779.99. Wonder if that has anything to do with Las Vegas.

I’m betting it does. Brownells cancelled all their coupons and sale prices and raised all their prices. 9mm ammo went up 2$/box when I checked yesterday. These guys are already panic pricing. Smokey mountain still have them for 560$. I checked last night and SOD still had them for 560$ as well. I’m sad to see these vendors starting to go down the panic pricing path.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin

I couldnt even find it. Everything is showing as out of stock on their website now. Not sure if they are having some server issues due to volume. Think the next panic buy has already begun

heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    I couldnt even find it. Everything is showing as out of stock on their website now. Not sure if they are having some server issues due to volume. Think the next panic buy has already begun

If you follow the link in the OP of this thread, you can still get to the MPR webpage. It’s showing 779$ for me

Reactions: MTA
    Top Bottom