• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spcwolf

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Conroe tx
    I used to run 3x a week for about 8 miles at a time. Now my right knee pops and feels like it snags every step. And my feet have no arches anymore. i I hurt all the damn time. And now my lower back hurts after standing longer than 20 minutes at a time. When all 3 hurt at the same time it is not fun.
    I will probably end up with a permanent profile for the army, I don't want to run anymore. Just sick of hurting all the damn time.
    Gun Zone Deals

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    One thing some folks should realize is what kind of runner you are. Everyone is not a long distance runner and doing so hurts more than helps. If you're a short/mid distance (sprinter) do those types of workouts instead. Your body will respond better (as in leanness,muscle mass, cals burned and conditioning) and you won't kill your joints.

gdouthit

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    BCS
    I have been trying to get into the routine of running in the mornings. It's hard to get up that freaking early...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tuff

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Weatherford, TX
    I don't like to run, but If I'd rather sprint short bursts than jog for miles.

Once you get used to running slow for a few miles that is how you drop your times and is to incorporate short bursts into your running..

Works great, last year I had my 5K times down to 25's

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    These hills.

These freaking hills.

I'm trying to get into running, but it's really difficult. I just hate running so much. I'd rather be playing soccer, football, basketball, etc.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    These hills.

These freaking hills.

I'm trying to get into running, but it's really difficult. I just hate running so much. I'd rather be playing soccer, football, basketball, etc.

Climb hills. I used to live at Ransom Canyon. I loved going for long walks there. Up, up, down, up. Little bit flatter here. Little bit.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I ran for 30+ years, against the wishes of my best friend, Doctor, and Army TRADOC Surgeon General.

Finally I began to slow down off my 300+ mile per month pace after I got hurt for the very first time. Suddenly I woke up feeling better. I gradually cut back and finally stopped. I am lucky, still got my hips, ankles and knees in spite of running and running 5 miles per day with a 40 lb rucksack (2x 20 lb bags of wet sand) for more years than I can remember. As I head toward 70 I thank God I finally woke the hell up and remembered my Docs often told advice:
    Don, you can not run all your life, but you can walk..

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Saw one of those marathon miles ran type stickers today that said 0.0 and under that it said running sucks, immediately thought of this thread.

Wiked

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    I was very fat, then got in pretty good shape and was running 3 to 4 5k's a week and started doing competitive 5k running hitting the top 10 a few times. Then my wife started baking and had a baby so now I am an addict.

Hello everyone, my name is Wiked and I am a cakeaholic and cookieaholic.

Damn :( I typed this as I stuffed my face with carrot cake made completely from scratch, including the frosting... The heavenly frosting.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    I've never enjoyed running - my knees just can't take it. If you ever see me running, you'd better do the same 'cause there's some seriously bad shit happening behind me. I used to ride mountain bikes and road bikes quite a bit because it was easier on the knees and is a good cardio workout, but once I got my first motorcycle it was all over. :p

doncom

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Marble Falls, TX
    I used to run a lot. Marathons and half marathons. Now if you see me running it means two things. 1. I'm out of ammo. 2. YOU better be watching for hogs cause they're right behind me! :)

SPDGG

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    I used to run a lot. Marathons and half marathons. Now if you see me running it means two things. 1. I'm out of ammo. 2. YOU better be watching for hogs cause they're right behind me!
    So true! Cardio = Cycle, Run in the pool. Both beat the crap out of you & less shock on your joints.

A lot of friends/family were into running long distance, but as they got older the wear/tear/injuries got the best of them.

Top Bottom