Patriot Mobile

SAXET Gun Show in SA (Feb 6-7, plus the rest of 2010 dates)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Adionik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    san antonio
    Did anyone price up the Mosins....or AK magazines?

I see the mags online for $10, I wonder if I can get them that cheap at the show without haggling.

ftw13

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Fort Worth
    sun optics dont have a good rep,kinda like bsa and tasco.....man you'd be lucky to get ak mags at a show for 10-20 bucks. i see $15 ak74 mags with $30 price tags on them at every show.

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    I have a couple NC star lights and a light/laser combo that i put on some handguns. all 4 of them have been perfect over about 2 years now. Their plenty bright, and the laser has held zero on my 9mm's and 45's... it doesn't like my .40's... the .40's do seem to have just too much snap for the NC star and after 200-250 rounds, it drifts off zero.

Other then problems with the .40, i recommend them. For the money they work just fine IMO... now if money isn't a huge issue and you are only looking for a light only, look for something else.

Im just fine with them... If i was doing something like competition or training in dark scenarios, and a laser was needed to hold up to a week of non stop shooting, id probably by an insight or something.

JOe

Fit4Pain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    San Antonio
    Big J my boss and I both bought NC stars and they lasted about 6 trips to the range. I will not ever buy another. I read good things on the Vortex optics. There red dot run between 149-199.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Big J my boss and I both bought NC stars and they lasted about 6 trips to the range. I will not ever buy another. I read good things on the Vortex optics. There red dot run between 149-199.
    Bought a Vortex from GT Distributors last week for my AR....was $150 with the mount and 2x magnifier. Guys at GTs seem to love them....I have only shot my AR with it on there once since getting it but so far so good.

Fit4Pain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    San Antonio
    Gt's was were I saw them too. Carl at gt's is a friend of mine and said that he has sold a lot of them and that they were GTG. I am considering the new Sparc red Dot from Vortex. I like the size. Big J some on AR15 some said Primary Arms was a good choice for Cheaper optics. Don't know anything about them but you might check it out. They carry Vortex also.

TxAgZ28

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Glad to see other folks on here not happy with the Saxet show at the Marbach location. I went to the one at the first of March and was very disappointed by the parking situation. I arrived 15 minutes before it opened, and was already sitting on the 410 feeder road, only to wait another 20 to slowly crawl in to a dirt lot and pay some dude so I could park my truck. Sadly it's the biggest show in town. I went to the Texas Gun Show at Live Oak and it was a joke. Lots of turquoise jewelry and t-shirts. WTF?

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Hopefully parking won't be as bad as it's been. We went yesterday morning and the trick is to get there early and walk over to the IHOP for breakfast...by the time we got in line it was all the way past the right side of the building, and the back-up to get into the parking lot was all the way to the access road in front of the IHOP. Oddly enough, it seemed a little less crowded inside...

Cheers! M2

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    I just couldn't bring myself to going this time.

Prices are junk, parking is a MESS... being charged for parking last time put a bad taste in mouth. If you do find something there, even NEW.... it has so many mark on it from people dropping them and flat out being stupid with them. If i buy a new gun, i want it to look like a new gun.

I liked the size of the show but it just isn't worth my time i guess. I also can't stand how people can bring the entire family with baby strollers as well walking 3 wide not giving a damn about anyone else around them. Shows like this really make me understand why SHOT doesn't allow the general public LOL..

anyhow... I almost went but just thinking about it gets my blood pressure up and its simply not worth it.. hahahaha.... oh well

JOe

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I dunno - I can usually spot a few good prices here and there. Like anything else, sometime's folks are high - some of 'em are ALWAYS high, but I just keep on walkin'. Good point on the strollers, though - I DO wish they'd just ban 'em!!

Adionik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    san antonio
    Parking wasn't bad at all for me. But the vendors...wow...seriously. I don't know if it's because i'm 21, or hispanic, but i've never been treated so shitty by any group of people in my life. I don't believe the customer is "always right" but my god do these people need to learn some freaking manners and customer service.

I met a great vendor that gave me a deal on an LCP...pretty much made my day. I saw some deals...and some prices were the same as online, some even cheaper. I will go next time...but now I know who to avoid.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Most of what I look for at the show is milsurp, stuff that already has "character" added to it so any more added by customers would probably be attributed to the Winter War or something...

And yes, some of the vendors are a bit condescending; there's one that used to be at the show that had a sign that said "Lookers may look, buyers may touch" which pissed me off so much I wouldn't care what kind of prices he had, I wouldn't buy from him simply on principle. But the ones I buy from I have gotten to know, and usually they are the first tables I hit once I get there.

There are also high-volume vendors such as AJC Sports, which are always busy so if you feel a bit ignored it probably wasn't intentional. I've bought a few 1911s from Alan and he's always been great to deal with, but face-to-face he may be construed as standoffish because he is just so busy during these events. However, he has gotten me pistols that were very hard to find and at a great price.

Like I said, the trick for parking is to get there at least an hour before opening. I know that isn't possible for everyone but those who can should really do so. Walk over to the IHOP or the Tex-Mex place for breakfast and chuckle at the long line to pay to park when you walk back. You'll still have to stand in line to get in, but at least all those stuck waiting to park will be in line behind you!

But it would be nice if the owner of the premises would find some way to keep the church from blocking off large, unused sections of the parking lot. I still don't see what gives them the right as if it belongs to them, it needs to be clearly indicated. That parking lot should belong to all of the facilities in that complex...does the Event Center get to block off portions for the gun show? It just ain't right...

Cheers! M2

Fit4Pain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    San Antonio
    Today was the day to go. Very few people. I saw thing I have never seen before and vendors were much nicer because they were desperate. There was a group I think called Sog Armory had DPMS lowers for $114.95 and Rock River lowers for $124. I have not seen them that cheap before.

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    Today was the day to go. Very few people. I saw thing I have never seen before and vendors were much nicer because they were desperate. There was a group I think called Sog Armory had DPMS lowers for $114.95 and Rock River lowers for $124. I have not seen them that cheap before.

Those guys at SOG are good people. Ive spent quite a few bucks with them and they have always provided great customer service and awesome prices

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I don't know if it's because i'm 21, or hispanic, but i've never been treated so shitty by any group of people in my life.

I'm not too surprised. A lot of those guys won't give someone the time of day if they aren't an old white guy. Not sure what they expected to find in San Antonio, eh? :)

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Sometimes, it IS how someone looks....kinda like when I go into a west side eatery and get the "Gringo" look. I can either react, or ignore it. Me, I ignore it, try to be pleasant, and usually end up with some new friends. Better than looking for a reason to be ticked off, in my experience.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kennethreyes
    Top Bottom