Lynx Defense

SAXET Gun Show in SA (Feb 6-7, plus the rest of 2010 dates)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Patrón

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    San Antonio
    If the Church was there first and has an agreement, then that is why they get reserved space.
    I'm glad you found good deals...i'm sure they are there is you dig for awhile, but the perception that gun shows are THE place to get goods deals is now a misconception.
    If SAXET is the "only show in town" I will continue to buy from individuals and wholesalers (and Academy) until they get their $hit together...
    I dont feel compelled to go to a poor or mediocre gun show just because thats all we have.
    I guess I am jaded...

I know that has been some friction on here with a board member and Schluder Shots. But I don't know the the whole story cause I was not there. Like the old saying goes "There is 3 sides to every story". All I can speak for is my experience with Bruce and his staff. I was treated well while at his booth. Scored some great deals on a Stag lower and some Magpul gear. I will say that they do have a busy booth but they still took the time to help me and answer my questions.
    I might get flamed to no end for posting this but o well.

I'm with you Big J I have bought a lot from Bruce and I have always been treated great. Bruce my not have the greatest people skills but he his very Knowledgeable when it comes to guns. I've worked around a lot of engineers and most are not sales people. It seems to me that there are people on here that like to bitch about everything from paying for parking to vendors to kids at the show. When I need something and I find it at the show I buy it. I don't care about the personality of the guy who sells it to me. I don't need a reach around to make me feel good. Bruce's prices are as good as any on the net and he usually has the parts I need.

I clicked on this thread to poop on the show for their horrid parking...

I've bought a lower, some magazines & parts and a complete upper from bruce and have had nothing but a pleasure talking to him and his friend that helps out at the shows.
    I've met with him over the last three shows and he calls me by my first name and remembers my last name. Hell, he even remembered to bring me a barrel that we spoke over two months ago. Stuff happens and I understand that, but I've posted on AR15 and other forums that I probably won't buy anything else from other places but from Bruce because of his service...He earned my loyalty.
    Aaron G./San Antonio TX

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Don't worry, I'll keep going especially if I have the luck I had at this past show. Luckily, we're after different types of firearms...

Yeah...like this one?
    View attachment 2900

uh-huh.....unfired, Model "A"......yeehawww! FINALLY being shipped next week - all kinda of hoops - PO had registered it as a SBR - I wasn't about to spend all the fees involved in the transfer, so he got it un-registered, and the BATFE finally sent him the documentation today.

Big J

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    Karnes City Texas
    Did anyone check out those people selling airsoft shit, they where trying to sell it off has real firearm gear. There was also a couple of tables selling ACOG style scopes made bt NCstar for like $150-180. LOL

Fit4Pain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    San Antonio
    Does anyone know anything about Sun Optics. I looked at them at the show. They are priced liked Chine knock-off. Just wondered if anyone has tried them or are they junk.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I just want someone to sell me a new Sig P228 in 9mm. Is that so much to ask?

I haven't heard of Sun Optics, is that some kind of red dot sight or some such?

@Wolfwood - Negative.

Fit4Pain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    San Antonio
    They had there on both at the Corpus Show today. They have every thing from long range scope down to red dots. The guy in the both said he was a the manufactures rep for them. Then he said that DPS was testing them. Not sure how true that is. First impression is they are Chinese Knock-Offs dressed up in fancy packaging. But I could wrong. Just never heard of them

Fit4Pain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    San Antonio
    Sorry did not look that close. i was leaving the show when I saw them. I just have to wait until next month. The are going to be at the SA show next month.

Fit4Pain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    San Antonio
    Thanks Big J. They had a red dot sight that looked great but at $90 it worries me. Did the cheep optics once with a NC Star and swore I would never do that again. I have been saving for and ACOG or and Aimpoint. Not sure I will change that unless I can get some real good reviews on Sun Optics

Fit4Pain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    San Antonio
    Not much out there. Posted on AR15. Got one reply so far. Guy said they were junk. Hoping more people will chime in. If they do I will post it here from what is said.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Yeah...like this one?
    View attachment 2900

uh-huh.....unfired, Model "A"......yeehawww! FINALLY being shipped next week - all kinda of hoops - PO had registered it as a SBR - I wasn't about to spend all the fees involved in the transfer, so he got it un-registered, and the BATFE finally sent him the documentation today.

I've always wondered how those shot. I hate to say it, but movies have influenced me. . . . . a little.

Top Bottom