APOD Firearms

SAXET Gun Show in SA (Feb 6-7, plus the rest of 2010 dates)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big J

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    Karnes City Texas
    Where is SOG located at in the Saxet? Most vendors don't have banners. I went on sunday afternoon about 3pm. The parking lot person let me slide and park for free :) . I picked up a Stag Arms upper for one hell of a deal from Bruce. But the ammo prices for 5.56 where insane. I knew that it would not be cheap but... damn. $20.00 for 20rds.
    Guns International

Big J

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    Karnes City Texas
    LOL. Has anyone heard the radio commercial for the Texas Gun Show at the Live Oak Civic Center? Where they proudly advertise free parking and how nobody tows your cars. LOL.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Yeah, heard it today...AND they mention something referring to "Saxet" being backwards....

Maybe it'll make 'em rethink the parking fees. Something else that just occurred to me - it may well be that the church parking lot was segregated b/c of the parking overflow occurring during times that THEY wanted to use it (Sunday services, etc.). I might be wrong, but I'm thinking the buildings are owned by two different entities, and the parking lots are as well. Either way - how'd we feel if the parking area in front of the building WE were leasing was being used up by another tenant. Don't like the parking situation, but maybe we haven't given enough thought to THEIR predicament.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Concur, it's like paying for parking at Disney Land, or getting free parking to visit Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch!

(What? Too soon? )

I am a gun show addict, and I still won't waste the money going to the TGS shows!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Yes, the TGS shows are a rip. Also, after that stunt they pulled in Austin, I wouldn't go on principle.

For the hour drive, I would recommend the SAXET shows the first weekend of the month; but do get there early!

Cheers! M2

armadillo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    TX
    I just got back from the BIG gun show in Tulsa. It reminds me that we don't have any gun shows to brag about here in San Antonio. They don't charge for parking, either.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    A co worker was telling me about a big gun show that happens once a year at the alamo dome. Is this true? I havent heard anything about that before.

Nope, the only shows currently going on in San Antonio are the SAXET one the first weekend of the month at the SA Event Center, the TGS show up in Live Oak (usually the second weekend of the month), and the SAXET show at the Alzafar Shrine Temple in Stone Oak (going on three times in 2010--Jan 23-24, Jul 24-25, and Sep 25-26).

The SAXET shows were held in the Freeman Coliseum but that ended in December.

I went to the big Houston show last October and was very unimpressed. Very expensive parking and despite the large size of the show, there were no deals to be found. I won't repeat that mistake...

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I didn't see any great deals in handguns, but to be honest most weren't priced over the top as I have seen in the past
    I think the better deals I seen were on AR complete uppers if you were in the market for one.

Ammo was a hit and miss pricing wise. But, nothing that you would jump on if you didn't need it.

Big J

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    Karnes City Texas
    I think I did alrite on ammo. I spent 80bucks on 200rds of Federal xm193. I went just to pick up some odds and ends. I also bought a bottle of that Gunzilla CLP. Some really good stuff.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    We went but walked out empty-handed, it didn't seem as crowded as the past shows and parking wasn't as bad either. However, they are collecting money for parking earlier than they had been so we were charged even though we arrived before 8:00am.

Honestly, we may start skipping the show every once and a while, between breakfast ($20) and the cost to get in ($10 for two of us), plus parking ($3) it's not quite worth it for an hour-and-a-half of window shopping for guns...

Cheers! M2

Top Bottom