• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Mileage from my commute on Friday. A tick over 20mpg.

Slow moving traffic but not stop/go.

68c5ef82dd6ec5c2d38a05601b4c604b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Guns International

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Mileage from my commute on Friday. A tick over 20mpg.

Slow moving traffic but not stop/go.

View attachment 149864

That’s great. I researched a lot of consumer reports and it’s surprising to me, in favor of gmc and Chevy for 2014-2015 but still good for 2017-2017. For a half ton to get roughly the same mileage in a smaller gas truck, it’s a no brained to look at a gm half ton. Consumer information pretty well has me eliminating dodge from my list. And ford is still on my list but my gut is telling me keep it gm, Toyota, and Nissan Frontier. But boy do I like the thought of getting 20 in a half ton and I like the look of these gm trucks.

Thanks for sharing that pic

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I'm still of the belief that MPG should be checked over a whole tanks worth of use for real life mileage.

Has anyone checked the validity of their computer claimed MPG against old school "actual miles driven divided by gallons added" at fill up?

tangoparson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2017
    Has anyone checked the validity of their computer claimed MPG against old school "actual miles driven divided by gallons added" at fill up?

I have an f250 diesel towpig so nobody in this thread cares what i think but...

I used to hand figure my mileage to check against that lying computer. Every time it came out within a couple tenths of the computer. Which could be explained by varying amounts of top off when i filled it.

On the interstate with no slowing down or stopping it will pull 18-19 while running at least 75. I slowed down once and actually got it over 20. Acceptable for an 8300 pound brick.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I have an f250 diesel towpig so nobody in this thread cares what i think but...

I used to hand figure my mileage to check against that lying computer. Every time it came out within a couple tenths of the computer. Which could be explained by varying amounts of top off when i filled it.

On the interstate with no slowing down or stopping it will pull 18-19 while running at least 75. I slowed down once and actually got it over 20. Acceptable for an 8300 pound brick.

What do you get not towing anything? That’s pretty good

tangoparson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2017
    What do you get not towing anything? That’s pretty good

That’s empty.

This is with a 15k fifth wheel down I 35.
    a24b78c4d9073d2acb1bdf466830f07f.jpg

Considering what it is, I am more than happy.

The downside. $3.00 diesel sux.

Attachments

• b6c45ab470696c3cc1b734e19161f576.jpg
      b6c45ab470696c3cc1b734e19161f576.jpg
      117.5 KB · Views: 189

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Random rant: why can’t half tons have a f-ing tranny temp gauge? My Titan has one and it saved me a few times. It’s nice to know when you gotta pull over so you don’t destroy something. I really wish every halfton had one.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Random rant: why can’t half tons have a f-ing tranny temp gauge? My Titan has one and it saved me a few times. It’s nice to know when you gotta pull over so you don’t destroy something. I really wish every halfton had one.
    I'd tell you that my Ram does, but you done ruled them out.
    Heh

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas

My 2015 Silverado has one.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I'd tell you that my Ram does, but you done ruled them out.
    Heh
    Hahah, yeah I’m just reading a lot of bad things. Lemons are in every brand. I want to buy a brand who’s got the lowest. I will say I was very interested in their 3.0 diesel.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Hahah, yeah I’m just reading a lot of bad things. Lemons are in every brand. I want to buy a brand who’s got the lowest. I will say I was very interested in their 3.0 diesel.
    That eco diesel is the one with the issues.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I bought a ram 1500 4x4 express with the 5.7. I got it for 28k brand new in rural Pennsylvania. If I had to do it all over again, I would have just went with a 3/4-1 ton in diesel or a tundra. I love my Ram but it just doesn't strike me as a truck that is going to last for a long time like the older dodges my family always had. Hoping that it proves me wrong. I will say it drives much better under tow or when there is a load in the bed.

Based off of what you are leaning towards, the tacoma or a frontier would be a good bet. I had a frontier for a few years and it did very well in snow and on the trails. Probably the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned besides my honda civics / accords. My one uncle buys nothing but Toyotas and his trucks always last such a ridiculous amount of time. His 03 tundra is at 275k with nothing but minor repairs.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Learn something every day. Never seen that, but I'd like it way over an idiot light.

Top Bottom