• Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Commo from King of Shaves:

Don,

As you maybe aware our distribution is currently a little difficult in the US following the recent split with Remington. However, we are currently working towards setting up a new distribution warehouse to operate from within the US. However, unfortunately, this will take time for us to set up and get operational. Just to get stock out to the US will take over 3 months but this is something that we are looking to achieve following the recent split with Remington. We are also currently in discussion with Drugstore.com and Shavenow to hopefully get our products back on line. Current time frame for completion of these arrangements is looking like early next year.

In the interim we have been able to organise that we can ship to the US via our UK website www.kingofshavesdirect.com.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Well, you could always go real old-school with shaving...

BowieKnifePolkCompetition1.jpg

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Commo from King of Shaves:

Don,

As you maybe aware our distribution is currently a little difficult in the US following the recent split with Remington. However, we are currently working towards setting up a new distribution warehouse to operate from within the US. However, unfortunately, this will take time for us to set up and get operational. Just to get stock out to the US will take over 3 months but this is something that we are looking to achieve following the recent split with Remington. We are also currently in discussion with Drugstore.com and Shavenow to hopefully get our products back on line. Current time frame for completion of these arrangements is looking like early next year.

In the interim we have been able to organise that we can ship to the US via our UK website www.kingofshavesdirect.com.
    I got a 4 pack on amazon for 11-12 bucks. It's the dual KOS/Remington branded stuff though

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Good on you, if its not all I said it was, let me know I will buy it from you no questions asked...

Ill keep that in mind. Hopefully its the best stuff Ive used I like the idea that its clear so ill quit nicking my goatee

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    the seller I got my 2 safety razors from must be using homeless people to deliver...fucking 2 week delivery. My blades and shave gel will be here Friday, and I ordered them 2 days AFTER I bought the razors lol. Ill be looking into a WD cutthroat though.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    "Shaving like a man" is an oxymoron

I'd choose not to work there ;)

I'm unfortunately not with this job but I keep a goatee. My beard grows in better than some on here but not like I want so I shave some of my face.

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    Tried that King of Shaves stuff yesterday. I like it. Doesn't foam up like gel from a can, so you can see better to get lines just right. OTOH, because it doesn't foam so much, makes it easier to miss a patch because it's harder to see where you've been. No worries just over everything twice to make sure. Feels good. (got the menthol/aloe stuff.) But I want see how it is with about 4 days growth.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Tried that King of Shaves stuff yesterday. I like it. Doesn't foam up like gel from a can, so you can see better to get lines just right. OTOH, because it doesn't foam so much, makes it easier to miss a patch because it's harder to see where you've been. No worries just over everything twice to make sure. Feels good. (got the menthol/aloe stuff.) But I want see how it is with about 4 days growth.

Mine should be here between 5-6(UPS man always drive by about then) with my Blades and Gel. We will see how it works. maybe since it doesn't foam much I wont EFF up my goatee like I always do. I usually go with then against, or across the grain anyway.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Mine should be here between 5-6(UPS man always drive by about then) with my Blades and Gel. We will see how it works. maybe since it doesn't foam much I wont EFF up my goatee like I always do. I usually go with then against, or across the grain anyway.

Just accept, like with any knife fight, you're going to bleed.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Just accept, like with any knife fight, you're going to bleed.

Im not worried about bleeding. ANY razor can and will cut you. I cut deep splinters out with semi dull pocket knives and cut ingrown nails out. Im not worried about a crazy sharp razor nicking me

Last edited:

Josh66

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2013
    Greenville, TX
    I use a safety razor - Edwin Jagger DE89LBL. My favorite blades are a toss-up between Feather and BlueBird.

You can find 100 packs either of them on Amazon for what you'd spend on an 8 pack of Quattros or Mach 3's or whatever...

I think I paid about $25 for 100 Feather blades, and maybe $20 for the BlueBirds. You can get Astra blades @ 100 for $10 - they're "OK", but you can tell the difference between them and the Feathers. I've tried a few others, but those were the only ones I was wiling to buy a 100 pack of. So, yeah - I'm pretty well stocked on blades, lol.

edit
    The Feathers are more expensive than I thought, but $30 for 100 blades is still not bad.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom