• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K80RT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2022
    Almost all 650 members kn ow our value. Stupidty being the exception. I will leave it out though. Thanks! Just an FYI a new member after paying dues and using the formula in the bylaws for desolving the club would have 4 times his initiation and 1st year dues in stock value.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

K80RT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2022
    This whole mess is because of one High Conflict Personality on the board I have discovered. These personality types do not relect on past behavior and may see themselves as defenders. There are as many variations as there are people. This one has some paranoid tedencies. I may play with that to keep him distracted. A very interesting study. Taking them headon does not work. It is what feeds them. They are addicted to some feeling they get from conflict. We all enjoy conflict to a point. That why we watch movies, sporting contests , and read novels. The heart of fiction is conflict.

K80RT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2022
    Terminate that person’s membership and vacate their seat. One jackass can’t be allowed to ruin the c3.
    On what gounds? Voicing his opinion, pushing an agenda the treasurer and most disagree with, or being a horses rearend are not in our bylaws as reasons for expulsion.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    On what gounds? Voicing his opinion, pushing an agenda the treasurer and most disagree with, or being a horses rearend are not in our bylaws as reasons for expulsion.

I’ll bet your bylaws have a clause that allows the board to terminate any member for reckless/careless behavior and I’ll also bet your bylaws don’t require a unanimous board vote to do so.

K80RT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2022
    I’ll bet your bylaws have a clause that allows the board to terminate any member for reckless/careless behavior and I’ll also bet your bylaws don’t require a unanimous board vote to do so.
    Don't see where his behavior rises to that level. He pushed buttons enough last week that almost took a 40+ year member over the brink. It is actually diabolical. He has been playing chess all these years and members were playing checkers.Getting members to rise to the bait. And I did that in grand style this weekend. I caught him in lies. Even so they never reflect on their behavior. Conflict is his goal and addiction. I had never figured out motive, because the conflict itself is the motive. I has taken me a while figure it out. For rational people these types of behavior do not compute.

Last edited:

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Here, all trap clubs and rifle/pistol club are staffed by volunteers, even in the trap club kitchens. Must have a pretty extensive list of the richy rich big city folk to have paid staff!!

K80RT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2022
    If that’s not careless or reckless, I don’t know what it. You have a board member tormenting other members.

Is that acceptable behavior in your org?
    He stays in bounds. I assume he has been playing this game a while. From what I have read there may have trauma to this guy at some point early. Starts as a defense mechanism and evolves to conflict addiction. My first reaction was to bore into him. Which I did Sat. in front of several folks. He interacted some. I caught him lying and then shuts down. They never reflect on their past behavior. He is not without qualities. He says he shoots at the club less because of people talking behind his back. Stirring up people will do that.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    He stays in bounds. I assume he has been playing this game a while. From what I have read there may have trauma to this guy at some point early. Starts as a defense mechanism and evolves to conflict addiction. My first reaction was to bore into him. Which I did Sat. in front of several folks. He interacted some. I caught him lying and then shuts down. They never reflect on their past behavior. He is not without qualities. He says he shoots at the club less because of people talking behind his back. Stirring up people will do that.

Best thing to do, is to find a legitimate reason to shit-can him and get him gone. This member sounds like toxicity that your club doesn't need and will only further cause trouble if not addressed sooner rather than later.

K80RT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2022
    Here, all trap clubs and rifle/pistol club are staffed by volunteers, even in the trap club kitchens. Must have a pretty extensive list of the richy rich big city folk to have paid staff!!
    No. We pay a lady to run the desk and one to cook. We pay for the grass to be cut. We have 450 acres. Some CREP and some farm rent as income. We unload the targets and load the trap houses ourselves. Currently dues are $120. $100 for seniors.

K80RT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2022
    Best thing to do, is to find a legitimate reason to shit-can him and get him gone. This member sounds like toxicity that your club doesn't need and will only further cause trouble if not addressed sooner rather than later.
    I agree with that. More than one working on it. Toxic is not agaonst bylaws

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019

You need to learn to interpreting the rules as for the benefit of the club, rather than the members.

Companies write a company policy handbook for the benefit of the company, not for the employees. You need to take the same approach with this member.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

If the toxic personality is a board member it is. This is directly from our bylaws for the c3 I’m a board member of.

5.03 REMOVAL. Any officer elected or appointed by the Board of Directors may be removed by the Board of Directors whenever in its judgment the best interests of the Corporation would be served thereby, but such removal shall be without prejudice to the vested membership rights, if any, of the officers so removed.

K80RT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2022
    If the toxic personality is a board member it is. This is directly from our bylaws for the c3 I’m a board member of.

5.03 REMOVAL. Any officer elected or appointed by the Board of Directors may be removed by the Board of Directors whenever in its judgment the best interests of the Corporation would be served thereby, but such removal shall be without prejudice to the vested membership rights, if any, of the officers so removed.
    Our bylaws say "any act or deed which shall be considered detrimental to the welfare and prestige of xxxx, or for any of the following reasons; harassment, unsportsmanlike conduct, use of profanity while on club property, theft or destruction of club property, persistent or willful violation of gun safety rules, threatening or inflicting harm on another individual while on club property, operating a profit seeking business without board approval on club property, abuse of alcohol or illicit drugs on club property." Nothing separate for board members other than missing 3 board and/or membership meeting in a row without a valid reason approved by the presiding officer.
    The profanity one, if enforced would leave us very few members.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Our bylaws say "any act or deed which shall be considered detrimental to the welfare and prestige of xxxx, or for any of the following reasons; harassment, unsportsmanlike conduct, use of profanity while on club property, theft or destruction of club property, persistent or willful violation of gun safety rules, threatening or inflicting harm on another individual while on club property, operating a profit seeking business without board approval on club property, abuse of alcohol or illicit drugs on club property." Nothing separate for board members other than missing 3 board and/or membership meeting in a row without a valid reason approved by the presiding officer.
    The profanity one, if enforced would leave us very few members.
    This one line should be enough to get the job done if you wanted to pursue the issue to the point of getting him removed.

Our bylaws say "any act or deed which shall be considered detrimental to the welfare and prestige of xxxx,

His very actions as stated by you if true would rise to the level of being detrimental to the welfare and prestige of the club.

K80RT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2022
    This one line should be enough to get the job done if you wanted to pursue the issue to the point of getting him removed.

Our bylaws say "any act or deed which shall be considered detrimental to the welfare and prestige of xxxx,

His very actions as stated by you if true would rise to the level of being detrimental to the welfare and prestige of the club.
    It would be a stretch. It would kind of like getting rid of Biden for not protecting the border. A large part of the club sees it my way another sees it his. Him pushing buttons over and over again would not rise to that level.

Top Bottom