• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    Regardless of your views on tactical lever actions the ingenuity is cool and it’s just another F you to the oppressive state governments.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: gll

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I think we're past the time of traditional lever actions being remotely reasonable, price wise.

This is most likely the future of practical lever actions.
    Somethings I can’t do. If this is our future I give you permission to put me down.

The last gun show I went to made me sad. I remember a time when cheap military surplus was everywhere. I remember a time when a case of 7.62x39 was 60 bucks. I remember a time when older guns still in beautiful condition sold as much as current production with less quality.

Now gun shows are just mall ninja shows. Tables of ar parts with accessories for shit I don’t care about.

I remember when you could get a transferable weapon for 1200 bucks.

I remember when Glocks produced perfection Lol that comments for you my friend

I have a dream! That one day our society will lift restrictions and gun shows will be great again! I have a dream! That with no restrictions ar15’s will be so plentiful prices will plummet and be reasonable. I have a dream! That manufactures will offer things again that make me go wow I want one!

K6TLQDSGKBAERBVSXKLUWUV6SE.jpg

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Demographics they are a changing, and with the change many of us are no longer part of those demographics. I blame 5 things that changed gun shows forever. The internet, henpecked Fudd's who couldn't do a show without dragging the wife with her baggage of beanie babies, fudge, and various things that have no place @ a gun show. Knockoff chicom bootleg crap. The fact we all are getting older. Lack of value.

Real guys go with their friends & after words ended up going out to eat, drink & be away from their spouse. Throw down a bunch of impulse cheaper things to eat & next thing you know 25% of the show is crap to eat. And seeing as Mr. Fudd brought the wife lest add another 10% of crap for her to go look at.

Guns have never been a cheap purchase through out history, and real guys know this. When you get those willing to buy cheap chicom bootlegs, and dare say "but they just as good".

Everyone wants a deal in life especial on those items we dream about & save for. Most gun show dealers are not unlike those professional yard/garage sale vermin. It's a business they operate for maximum profit, with lower overhead.

Becoming a fat ass gimp I really don't want to walk in from parking or navigate the isles of halfwits eating the jerky while looking at shit that just cheap crap.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Somethings I can’t do. If this is our future I give you permission to put me down.

The last gun show I went to made me sad. I remember a time when cheap military surplus was everywhere. I remember a time when a case of 7.62x39 was 60 bucks. I remember a time when older guns still in beautiful condition sold as much as current production with less quality.

Now gun shows are just mall ninja shows. Tables of ar parts with accessories for shit I don’t care about.

I remember when you could get a transferable weapon for 1200 bucks.

I remember when Glocks produced perfection Lol that comments for you my friend

I have a dream! That one day our society will lift restrictions and gun shows will be great again! I have a dream! That with no restrictions ar15’s will be so plentiful prices will plummet and be reasonable. I have a dream! That manufactures will offer things again that make me go wow I want one!

K6TLQDSGKBAERBVSXKLUWUV6SE.jpg

Controversial take; the very second bolt actions hit the commercial market, the lever actions days were numbered.

It wasn't the tacticool crowd that killed the classic lever action, it was the Mauser brothers. Now we get to sit here and watch as companies make offenses unto God, JMB, and Eugene Stoner. :)

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    And don’t get me started on 30 sc aka 45 gap.
    .45 gap at least made SOME sense, at one point in time.

.30 sc is dumb. S&w isn't currently blessed with an overabundance of good ideas, but they couldn't have screwed that up any more.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Controversial take; the very second bolt actions hit the commercial market, the lever actions days were numbered.

It wasn't the tacticool crowd that killed the classic lever action, it was the Mauser brothers. Now we get to sit here and watch as companies make offenses unto God, JMB, and Eugene Stoner. :)
    I agree. Got me thinking but I can’t argue with that.

The tactical crowd just needs to stay away from certain guns. They are as bad as guys that tried to make tactical stocks for sks’s.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    .45 gap at least made SOME sense, at one point in time.

.30 sc is dumb. S&w isn't currently blessed with an overabundance of good ideas, but they couldn't have screwed that up any more.
    Cartridge development is getting dumb. It’s becoming a razor thin advantage but the marketing and consumer reaction is what makes me laugh.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Currently the only handguns I own are in 9mm, 45acp and 44mag. Sell me on any cartridges that make me step away from the availability, affordability, and use these three already give.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I agree. Got me thinking but I can’t argue with that.

The tactical crowd just needs to stay away from certain guns. They are as bad as guys that tried to make tactical stocks for sks’s.

It's nothing new. Today it's putting an MLOK handguard on an 1894, yesterday it was taking a hacksaw to the stock and D&T'ing the receiver of a pristine pre war 98K, or cutting off the sight protector wings on an m1917.

At least the 1894 can be restored.

Top Bottom