• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Have you tried getting a bigger safety switch? There are a few out there that I am looking at. They look like they should off set enough to make working the safety doable.

I did think about getting one but figured I just liked regular stocks anyway. I have one with all the cool things on it. I want to keep this and another I have simple with just a light. Otherwise, I will end up getting the oversized safety.
    Hurley's Gold

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I have a stock laying around I don't want. Its too long for me. If you two don't work a trade-I'm down. I always just use my normal pistol grip anyways, so the safety isn't really an issue for me.

Street Wolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Wichita Falls
    8-6-136_zps8f004eac.jpg

8_6_13_5.jpg

001-4.jpg

8_29_12.jpg

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    These are just guns bought by my mom. She could never pass up a shotgun at a garage sale. IIRC, she bought all of these over the years as well as 2 or 3 in such bad shape that I gave them away to aspiring gunsmiths who needed junk guns to learn on. There are a couple of Win 1200s, a Win 37A, and a no-name single shot in this group. (ETA: She had a self-imposed limit of $100 per gun for garage sale purchases. I don't know what she paid for these, but $100 would be way too much for 2 of them and a great bargain on 2 others so I guess it all balances out in the end.)

shotguns_zps83039ad2.jpg

When I can take a decent picture, I'll post again with my pride 'n joy, left to me by my dad who got it from his.

Last edited:

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I've been trying to hold off until I'm absolutely done, but hell-I got a little excited. I'll show off the final product at the hicksville meet.

ATI adjustable stock
    Limbsaver Pad
    Extended Slide Release Lever
    Rail Mount
    TacStar Side Saddle
    CARC Tan Paint

Coming Soon:
    Optic
    Whole new forend setup
    New paint job (Same colors-more scratch resistant paint)

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    Looks tacticool, but why would you go to sights that will slow target acquisition down, not to mention adding a ton of unused rail and quite a bit of weight?

well 1st off Pete, I am sorry that you do not approve of my shotgun. 2nd, it functions just fine for me, I use it to shoot hogs so the BUIS work great for me if I were to need them. I have a micro red dot that is my main means of sight acquisition as well as a flash light, just didn't have them on there when I took the picture. As for weight I can maneuver it around just fine, the rail is 14-15 oz. I believe. So, was that comment your tacticool way of dumping on my little project, or were you genuinely interested? I ask because your comment, as I read it, sounded kinda condescending. I just want to make sure that I did not misinterpret your intentions, which is easy for me to do when reading someone's written word. Not looking to get into a pissing match :cool:

Last edited:

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    well 1st off Pete, I am sorry that you do not approve of my shotgun. 2nd, it functions just fine for me, I use it to shoot hogs so the BUIS work great for me if I were to need them. I have a micro red dot that is my main means of sight acquisition as well as a flash light, just didn't have them on there when I took the picture. As for weight I can maneuver it around just fine, the rail is 14-15 oz. I believe. So, was that comment your tacticool way of dumping on my little project, or were you genuinely interested? I ask because your comment, as I read it, sounded kinda condescending. I just want to make sure that I did not misinterpret your intentions, which is easy for me to do when reading someone's written word. Not looking to get into a pissing match :cool:

You totally misinterpreted my intentions. Had the micro red dot been pictured, i wouldn't have even thought to ask. There are some "tacticool" weapons that i like (and own) even if they have have "unecessary" weight and/or gadgets. I think your shotgun looks great.

Lastly, on the matter of approval....it's never about approval. What someone wants to do with their money and possessions is nobody's business but their own.

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    You totally misinterpreted my intentions. Had the micro red dot been pictured, i wouldn't have even thought to ask. There are some "tacticool" weapons that i like (and own) even if they have have "unecessary" weight and/or gadgets. I think your shotgun looks great.

Lastly, on the matter of approval....it's never about approval. What someone wants to do with their money and possessions is nobody's business but their own.

10-4 Pete, no "heart burn" here, that's why I wanted to ask you, before getting my granny panties in a knot, like so many on the forum do when they assume what the other person meant w/o verifying 1st. We be good my friend. Thanks for the comments and reply.

Top Bottom