• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OnyxATX

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    Austin, TX
    870 with a M21 on top, and a 100+ year old break action .410. The .410 was my grandfathers first and favorite firearm. It still runs great, although it's now a display queen.

IMG_20130927_161109.jpg

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    How about a wood and steel 870 for a change. I know the stock doesn't match and looks quite fubar'd, but I'm working on getting a replacement non
    -laminate, non-checkered solid wood police stock. Also wanting to put a factory 18.5" cylinder bore barrel with rifle sights on it to complete the look.

Forend is a police take off, barrel is a cut down ribbed and vented 18.7" with relocated bead sight, and I put a factory +2 mag extension on it.

ehaguges.jpg

Last edited:

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    How about a wood and steel 870 for a change. I know the stock doesn't match and looks quite fubar'd, but I'm working on getting a replacement non
    -laminate, non-checkered solid wood police stock. Also wanting to put a factory 18.5" cylinder bore barrel with rifle sights on it to complete the look.

Forend is a police take off, barrel is a cut down ribbed and vented 18.7" with relocated bead sight, and I put a factory +2 mag extension on it.

ehaguges.jpg

Looks good. Have you tried to stain/age the forend wood to match better?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Looks good. Have you tried to stain/age the forend wood to match better?

Forend came unfinished, I sanded it with higher-than-what-one-would-normally-use grit paper and applied some very light stain to it. It didn't retain most of the darkness but did become a bit more of a blonde color. I might mess around with it more when I get a non laminate buttstock to match. Probably not going to mess with the current stock given it's super FUBAR'd state that it's in lol.

Or you could use bed liner to make it match and look tactical? It really does work.

Nah, not trying to go for the modern black tactical look. I'm trying to replicate a specific 870 police mag look that I fell in love with, shown below

870p003.jpg

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Maybe im not seeing whats wrong with the current buttstock. Have you also though of just leaving it alone? If its scuffs, cuts, etc that would help with the vintage look youre going for if youre wanting it aged. Unless youre wanting to do a new old stock look ie never been used for 40 years or whatever.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Maybe im not seeing whats wrong with the current buttstock. Have you also though of just leaving it alone? If its scuffs, cuts, etc that would help with the vintage look youre going for if youre wanting it aged. Unless youre wanting to do a new old stock look ie never been used for 40 years or whatever.

Not really aiming for vintage or anything, but i'd not worry about a police take of but stock that had marks on it already. Whatever i can get, really.

Why don't you just buy the one you want Jak?

Because they're not so easy to find already in that configuration lol.

I personally like the wood rather than the plastic or "bed liner" look.

+1

Top Bottom