• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Silver and gold took big dips today because George Soros (yes, THAT evil bastard George Soros) is cashing in on some of his holdings.

Commodities go up and they go down. "Buy low, sell high" or you'll get burned.

leonidas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2010
    Plano
    If there is anything I've learned from investing it is this: It's complicated and the more you learn the less you really know. This goes for the guys at the top too. At this point I throw my hands in the air and stick to my beans, bandaids, and bullets as investments.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I was listening to the radio the other day and someone (I think it may have been Glenn Beck) had mentioned that it was due to a change in the silver buying process. Before, a speculator could put up 20% and effectively take "possession" of the silver (on paper only). After that, they get the profits if the silver goes up or pay the difference if the silver goes down.

They've since changed it (according to the source of whoever it was I was listening to) so that the amount you have to put up is larger. This means that people were selling off large amounts of silver in order to put up the additional capitol needed to keep the rest of the silver.

I didn't research it to see if it was legit or not but it makes sense if it is. It also explains the freefall in silver as more of it is coming on the market as people are selling.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Ask the Hunt brothers what happens when you try to hoard silver. They tried that back in the '60's or '70's.

If the price gets high enough, it's amazing how much can be dug out of the ground.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    And therein lies the rub.....when they can dig it outta the ground quickly, more becomes available an' the price drops. This whole thing reminds me of the ostrich craze....an' the emu craze....an' the longhorn craze. The early birds git the $$$, the latecomers sit around an' wonder what happened to theirs.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I was listening to the radio the other day and someone (I think it may have been Glenn Beck) had mentioned that it was due to a change in the silver buying process. Before, a speculator could put up 20% and effectively take "possession" of the silver (on paper only). After that, they get the profits if the silver goes up or pay the difference if the silver goes down.

They've since changed it (according to the source of whoever it was I was listening to) so that the amount you have to put up is larger. This means that people were selling off large amounts of silver in order to put up the additional capitol needed to keep the rest of the silver.

I didn't research it to see if it was legit or not but it makes sense if it is. It also explains the freefall in silver as more of it is coming on the market as people are selling.

Sounds about like a Margin call, makes sense to me.
    All the silver I own I can lay hands on.

Top Bottom