• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Seen a lot of SKS's at the Tulsa Arms Show this weekend. Mostly Norincos and Yugo paratroopers. All in great condition and starting in the $450 range. I will probably regret not popping for one of the Yugos.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    On the SKS you have to depress a button to flip it up...

Cheers! M2

OH yeah, I have one of those. I have never shot it. I bought it about 10 years ago for $110. It seemed like a good deal, and I liked the big thing on the end, so I bought it. I knew the big sight was for a grenade launcher, but never looked into or even considered that you could actually use it. I have another one, an old Norinco purchased in the late 80's that I have shot at least 1000 rounds through. Even killed deer with it. They are great, durable guns. I bet I paid around $60 for that Norinco.

I remember the guy had a wooden crate full of them. They wrapped them in wax paper so you could get them home without getting that cosmoline all over your car.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I remember the guy had a wooden crate full of them. They wrapped them in wax paper so you could get them home without getting that cosmoline all over your car.

Ha! I have some cosmo in the trunk of my car from my Yugo baking in there waiting to come home.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I let my youngest daughter shoot my Norinco last winter. She could not stop laughing. She LOVED that thing. Big boom, low recoil, funny smell. What's not to like?

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    This thread is few years old, but I picked this up a while ago. Chinese Type 56. Spiked Bayonet which I was looking for since my Yugo has a blade type and my Paratrooper is neutered. Need some more, but the prices on these are getting a bit ridiculous and finding one not bubba'd with all the matching original parts is somewhat of a choir.

FB_IMG_1518204407026.jpg

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Good old days synopsis. We bought these things for $60 each out of a wooden crate, and spent the rest of the day cleaning all the cosmoline off of them.

Shoot a 1000 rounds out of it, then sell it and buy another. Man was that fun.

Last edited:

G O B

School of Hard Knocks and Sharp blows
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Hays Co.
    I have a Yugo. NICE little carbine. A tad heavy, but a nice shooter. Always find it handy to just stick the bayo in the ground when going to change targets.....

Top Bottom