• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dtownmj

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 23, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Question about the training grenades (m68 finned yugo army) for those with a yugo sks. In addition to the training grenade, what else do you need to fire off the thing? And can itt be reused (assuming you can locate it after you fire it)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Capitol Armory ad

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Question about the training grenades (m68 finned yugo army) for those with a yugo sks. In addition to the training grenade, what else do you need to fire off the thing? And can itt be reused (assuming you can locate it after you fire it)

Wish I had one so I could find out.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!

You need a blank round and obviously the grenade launcher attachment at the end of the barrel. It can be reused but the fins on the practice ones are plastic so they could break. Here's a vid (not mine)...

The same practice grenades can be used on M70-series Yugo AKs...

Cheers! M2

dtownmj

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 23, 2013
    Houston, TX
    There's a guy on the AK Files that has sold a bunch of them. He's who I got mine from...

Cheers! M2

Major thats who im thinking about buying from, have you shot yours? Reusable and good quality?

Can you render someone unconcious if you aimed it at their head?

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Here's mine on my M70B1...

IMG_6419_zps4tgdx3xi.jpg

IMG_6423_zps377938e8.jpg

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Major thats who im thinking about buying from, have you shot yours? Reusable and good quality?

Can you render someone unconcious if you aimed it at their head?

I have not shot mine, but I have seen videos of people shooting them and they do seem to hold up well.

As for aiming it at someone, I would highly recommend against doing that as it could easily be lethal. Even blank ammo can kill (see Brandon Lee).

dtownmj

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 23, 2013
    Houston, TX
    I have not shot mine, but I have seen videos of people shooting them and they do seem to hold up well.

As for aiming it at someone, I would highly recommend against doing that as it could easily be lethal. Even blank ammo can kill (see Brandon Lee).

Thanks. Was it pretty easy to put together? Noticed you put yours on an ak, im gonna be fitting it on the sks.
    Basically you just load a blank, attach the grenade, and shoot?

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Thanks. Was it pretty easy to put together? Noticed you put yours on an ak, im gonna be fitting it on the sks.
    Basically you just load a blank, attach the grenade, and shoot?

Basically, except you have to make sure the grenade sight is turned up which blocks the gas piston. They pretty much function the same on a SKS as they do an AK, except the 59/66 keeps the launcher on whereas on the M70 series Yugo AK it's usually removed when not being used...

dtownmj

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 23, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Basically, except you have to make sure the grenade sight is turned up which blocks the gas piston. They pretty much function the same on a SKS as they do an AK, except the 59/66 keeps the launcher on whereas on the M70 series Yugo AK it's usually removed when not being used...

I ordered one from goran(?). Will take pics once it is here!

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Also remember to turn the gas system off, flipping up the grenade sight wont do anything, since you have to turn the valve

taylored

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2016
    Ive had one for years. Its a chinese model but goes bang every time the trigger is pulled. My uncle gave it to me in 1996 or 1997. I believe he gave 100 bucks or so for it back then.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    AmyG
    Top Bottom