APOD Firearms

So, I found my friend dead. I’m asking for your help.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Update!

So my bro helped me secure this for 180!

1005485C-DA9A-403E-A756-DB0ED8334D38.jpeg

And to keep the theme in line I got the lower “blem” for 98 after tax n ship...

So now I’m gonna hunt down a decent barrel. I’m thinking a stainless 12.5 would be cool looking. What do you all suggest?

I received the SBA3 and buffer assembly (black), so I think it will all look awesome together. She’ll have a smaller form but still good ballistics.

Feel free to weigh in! All suggestions are appreciated!
    Guns International

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Messed around with the Brownels gun builder app. This will be it, if I can find a pig to put on it. Didn’t figure out how to make the parts FDE but...

C008E40E-5656-405C-BCB0-24F6976E8AD7.jpeg

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    What do you guys think of a 11.5” barrel with a pig? I also found out how to change the color of parts. So this is what it’s pretty much gonna look like.

Let me know if you guys like 11.5 or the 12.5.

81D1FC81-07B9-464F-A43E-C8B8460B006F.jpeg

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Cool, found out how to put the sights down. This app is FUN!

A70BC943-78F9-4EF1-884C-F58F4871598D.jpeg

I didn’t put a light on cause the light I had planned to out on it, is an old streamlight RM 1 that isn’t working right so I gotta figure something else out.

Gonna order a custom dust cover, that when closed, will say...

In loving [ ] memory of

...and when open...

Levi [ ] Henry

And in the middle square, have an outline of Texas with “TGT” inside of it.

Last edited:

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    @toddnjoyce
    @deemus
    @jrbfishn
    @gll
    @Whistler
    @msharley
    @1911’s 4 me
    @glenbo
    @V-Tach
    @mroper

Hey fellas. What do you all think about zoom? I figured it'd be better than trying to mess with Youtube. If everybody could approve of zoom, and then let me know about what day and time would be best for you all, it would be very helpful to set it up. Thanks!
    Count me out. I'm busy with rotten schedule and invalid wife, don't have time for a zoom or much else. And I don't know how to.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Count me out. I'm busy with rotten schedule and invalid wife, don't have time for a zoom or much else. And I don't know how to.

I’m sure we’re all willing to figure it out so we all can participate. I can do youtube if you’d like, just thought zoom would be easier.

Either way, if you can’t, no matter what, you’re still involved in the raffle and will still be receiving something.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Hey all I just want to update now that the holidays are pretty much over.

First, anyone else who hasn’t chimed in on whether you guys can watch, let me know please. I can always just record it, but thought doing it live would be more fun.

I received everything except for your stuff @Whistler.

I am going to order the barrel, possibly a flash forward device/can, and if whistler’s stuff is lost in the mail, a gas block and gas tube. The lower is at my FFL’s and he just got home from a bad covid hospital stay so thank God for his relative health and recovery to come.

As to my friend’s mother. Well she’s doing really bad. Christmas was his favorite holiday and so she’s mentally in a dark place and it’s even more apparent because she’s not talking to me or answering back. She did answer my wife once. But I’m sure this is something she has to go through and as much as I wish she would have us there for her, I’ll let her go through it as she needs to and try not to bother her too much.

Considering all this, I’ve wondered how long is a fair time to give her before being together in some way to give this AR to her. I realize now she may not want to go shoot anytime soon and am now wondering if just meeting with her real fast is something I should even do. I honestly was hoping it’s be more…. Uhhh I guess like an Oprah show, you know where we give it to her and she thanks everyone and says she’ll cherish it and all that…

In all honesty if I’m this I guess down and still missing him this much I can’t even imaging how she feels. It’s crazy, another friend of mine passed away last week. I knew him since he was like 5, for the last 20 years but was out of his life for a long time and relativity really is an odd thing. I almost feel nothing for the newer death. Kind of like “ah yea well that’s what’s just gonna be happening till it stops”. 7 close people in less than 2 years. Exausted.

Anyway! Either way, if she doesn’t allow me to meet with her, in a couple of months (that’s the time frame I think is appropriate), and therefore does not receive the AR, I’m raffling it off to one of you. I don’t think it’s appropriate that I keep it and I don’t think it’s appropriate to hold on to it for her for an unknown and possibly indefinite amount of time.

I’ll post back with everything I said I would and I’ll also copy and paste all of the original info to keep it current and easy to find.

I hope you all had amazing times with loved ones over these holidays and if nothing more, at least became refreshed from all the crap going on in today’s… world. God bless.

PASTED INFO BELOW. CURRENT

PARTS
    •Red dot - My parts bin
    •LPK with FCG - Thank you @toddnjoyce
    •BUIS - My parts bin
    •BCG - I bought one
    •CH and grip - Thank you @deemus
    •Flash hider - Thank you @jrbfishn
    •Buffer tube assembly and SBA3 - Thank you @gll
    •Angled grip, gas block, rail slots - Thank you @Whistler

CASH
    •$50 donation - Thank you @msharley
    •$25 donation - Thank you @1911’s 4 me
    •$250 donation - Thank you @glenbo
    •$100 donation - Thank you @V-Tach
    •$25 donation - Thank you @mroper
    *$100 donation - Anonymous

Also, @msharley and @1911'S 4 Me, I received your donations yesterday.

DONE
    At this point, I'm more than sure there is enough. @kyletxria1911a1, if you'd still like to provide the rail, please let me know what you have, as I am going to wait to buy the barrel, so I know what length it should be. Gonna be at least 10.3 to 12.5, max. I think I'm going to go with a slightly recessed pig, if possible... that sounds so wrong. That way she can have that blast directed forward.

Possible late donors
    For anyone else who may want to donate, if you'd like to, please know it's all covered and whatever you put in can just go to her to help with her expenses for the arrangements. I think she's cremating him, so it shouldn't be a lot. Either way everything is deeply appreciate whether it's a kind word, a small part, or cash. So please don't feel obligated to help. Your condolences mean as much as anything else.

The RAFFLE!
    I will update with a photo of the spin wheel with yall's names on it. Considering shipping times I don't think we need to wait until it's done, to do the raffle but I'll give this 2 or 3 days to make sure nobody is left out. On the day of the raffle, I plan to do a Youtube live video so you all can watch live and comment. I plan to raffle off as much stuff as possible and to make it fun, even small underwhelming things, like a handful of loose rounds, or a stock safety selector so members can have a good laugh at someone's misfortune.

Things being raffled off, for sure are as follows: The aforementioned Swampfox and Shield, Ammo (probably different calibers - 9mm/.223/5.56 green tip/7.62x39/.22lr brick - at 100 rounds per spin), hopefully a BCG (trying to make that happen), a Streamlight TLR-1 HL... Other things to be determined (I gotta look), but my intention is that everyone will get something. Just some will get cool stuff, others, maybe not so cool. It's gonna be fun.

If you can't make it to watch live, I will post the results here, anyway.

The Build
    I will document all receipts and parts and post all of that information in one go, so when it is all here.

I will post pictures of the process and videos of test fire, also in one go.

Finally, I will post the video of her being surprised and finding out her fellow Texans have her back. That will conclude the thread.

Again, thank you all SO MUCH. I look forward to raffle night, sgunna be fun.

Anyone who comes across this at any given time in the future; Remember, YOU HAVE FAMILY in the gun community. YOU are NOT alone. Reach OUT. Be there for others and don't hesitate to ask others to be there for you. WE are the brothers and sisters within the border of these united states and WE are the keepers and bearers of the tools of freedom. We need to be together, always, through our differences. For when the arbiters of amendment 2 are strong, ALL of the other amendments WILL STAND, but if we are week, we ALL fall down.

Don't anyone ever hesitate to reach out to me for ANYTHING. God bless.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Just received the last of the parts! We can put the rifle together!

By this evening or tomorrow morning I’ll post pics of all of the parts, as well as screen shots of receipts.

Never received anything from @Whistler, and didn’t get a reply to my message, but I bought the gas block. Hope you and yours are doing well @Whistler but we’re going to go ahead and move this along.

Still gotta mess with Youtube to familiarize myself with going live. Have not forgotten, just incredibly busy as all of our free time goes to homeschooling our four youngest.

God bless and I hope you all are having a good year, so far.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    OK, SO…

I forgot I had given her the red dot a long time ago when she first said she wanted to buy an AR, so she has it.

The light I had was a streamlight, and somehow it’s broken, so I’m still working on that. Otherwise, it’s all here.

FB7799C4-7FF3-4CE4-BB84-FE5EA46021AA.jpeg ECAE9255-8600-4714-BEBE-F92062FBFAE1.jpeg 8C516AE1-50C9-4E77-8D4F-D56AA0445D11.jpeg C806FAB8-A48B-4675-B83E-8C0E5E40B909.jpeg

As for her, finally got ahold of her. I apologized if I said anything wrong and that’s what got her to respond to me. She’s still really down but she’s fighting. I told her “we” (no details on whom) had a gift for her and she said we can meet sometime, so hopefully that can be a place in the desert so we can shoot it. Otherwise, I have another idea, so dropping it off is ok too.

The other idea? I am going to build her a wood thing she can hang on her wall that has her picture of her, her mother, and Levi, on the front, through image transfer on to wood. The front wood part (picture) will be able to either open or slide down and that’s where she can keep her gun.

I love you all and hope all is well. You all do not know how much this means to me, my family, and how much it will mean to her. Anything you all need. ANYTHING…

Tonight or tomorrow I’m gonna try this youtube thing. My main issue is I don’t have a good computer. I had to sell my new one to pay for the funeral trips and all that and that’s one I make about a quarter of my income from, so I’m working on it. I have a friend who has a good one. Mine is a 2010 and it’s slow as heck. I’m also gonna try an iPad.

God bless!

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Just received the last of the parts! We can put the rifle together!

By this evening or tomorrow morning I’ll post pics of all of the parts, as well as screen shots of receipts.

Never received anything from @Whistler, and didn’t get a reply to my message, but I bought the gas block. Hope you and yours are doing well @Whistler but we’re going to go ahead and move this along.

Still gotta mess with Youtube to familiarize myself with going live. Have not forgotten, just incredibly busy as all of our free time goes to homeschooling our four youngest.

God bless and I hope you all are having a good year, so far.
    Apologies I've been ill and just saw your message.
    Mrs. Whistler showed me the shipping receipt, did you not get them?
    Was just some spare parts anyway but I'll check the tracking number when she gets home.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Apologies I've been ill and just saw your message.
    Mrs. Whistler showed me the shipping receipt, did you not get them?
    Was just some spare parts anyway but I'll check the tracking number when she gets home.

Hey buddy, I responded to your PM. Please don’t worry about the parts. I’m still going to send you something and we all thank you very much for chipping in. Just focus on getting well and don’t stress a thing. I’ll keep you posted on everything. God bless.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Ok…. This is a huge problem and I was trying to create a party chat with just all of us who are participating, but it only allows five. This is a big deal and I need everyone’s input. I don’t want to put a lot of this business in a public thread, but I need a way we can all be in the same thread, so we can collaborate on a solution to this problem, and so those of you who are wiser than I can advise me on how to deal with this. This issue may very well result in Kathy not receiving this gun. She’s not in any legal trouble, never has been…. It’s something else, that I don not want to discuss in a public thread.

So,
    @toddnjoyce
    @deemus
    @jrbfishn
    @gll
    @msharley
    @1911’s 4 me
    @glenbo
    @V-Tach
    @mroper
    Anonymous

…Ok look, if some of you don’t care about any of this, other than you take part in the raffle, than feel free not to respond, but you won’t be a part of making decisions, but you WILL still be a part of the raffle and will just need to stand by for that.

For anyone else, and I need as many of you as possible, to make as honorable and sensible decision as possible, PLEASE PM me your numbers and I will text those of you in a thread. A thread that we will only use for this problem and nothing more.

Hell, even for those of you who don’t wish to discuss the issue, if you want to at least know what going on, just PM your number and you can at least have all the info.

But trust me guys, once I create the thread and tell you guys what’s going on, you’ll completely get why I am doing this and you’ll also understand why this is a difficult thing for me to figure out on my own, as well as understand why you all need to know about this.

Those of you who read this and do not wish to be involved, please at least respond that you do not want to be involved so I am not waiting for nothing. Again, YOU ARE ALL INCLUDED IN THE RAFFLE STILL.

To the anonymous fellow, I don’t think people will know who you are by your number but if you don’t want to pitch in on a solution to this issue, I will still update you.

Guys, I’m trying VERY HARD to be honorable, reasonable, and wise, in handling all of this. At the end of the day, NONE of you will have pitched in on this for no reason, and NONE of you will be left in the dark or without what I have promised. I just NEED perspective and opinions. Please do not think your opinion wouldn’t matter, or that you would not be able to help. Right now, I’m pretty damn lost as far as this development is concerned and can use ANY help.

God bless you all and I hope to talk to you soon. Be well and be blessed.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Do what you feel best...I trust you....you've not given us any reason not to.......

Top Bottom