So, I found my friend dead. I’m asking for your help.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Do what you feel best...I trust you....you've not given us any reason not to.......

I sent you my name and number, I think. I agree with V-Tach, do what you think is best.

I really appreciate that fellas, but the biggest reason I know I shouldn’t trust my self, is that I have emotions involved in this and emotions can lead you astray. You guys are very generous, third party friends who can give totally unbiased advice and when you hear what’s going on…. Trust me, it’s a tricky one. Also, if I end up handling this in a way I think I might have to, I’ll need your opinions on THAT too.
    DK Firearms

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Ok, I have two numbers. Hopefully I’ll have all 9 (7 more) by tonight, or tomorrow. If not, I will give everyone until Saturday night. On Sunday, likely in the very early evening, due to church and family time, I’ll go ahead and move on the the text thread and just update those who did not provide their numbers, with information as to what’s going on, and how we chose to deal with it.

If you wish to stay out of this, which I hope you won’t as I value all of your opinions and perspective, at least post to let me know you’re aware, but choose not to give a number. That way I know whether people just chose not to, or just haven’t seen the latest development.

Gentlemen. You have all been upmost respectful, patient, and generous, and I thank you from the deepest part of my soul. My wife, kids, and even my mother are all aware of this and all of them are blown away by how awesome you all are, but also how awesome our community is.

It’s men like you who help ME grow and be a better person. You all inspire love, kindness, and brotherhood, and it means the world to me. Not only am I paying you all back with the raffle (because I want to I know you all did this out of the kindness of your hearts), but I will also post things in the free stuff thread. Also, this community has always inspired me to give back, and I will continue to do so whether it be free stuff to people who need it more, or just really good prices.

Finally, for this post anyway, I will damn sure contribute to those threads people make who ALSO need help and if there are some, and yall don’t see me in there, please make me aware to its existence. God bless.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    OK I have 5 numbers! Need 4 more of you! If you’re not going to participate and send your number, please let me know, so I dont think you just haven’t seen the post. THANKS!

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Alright. Starting the text thread. I’ll update the forum thread if anything changes. God bless.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Hey buddy, I responded to your PM. Please don’t worry about the parts. I’m still going to send you something and we all thank you very much for chipping in. Just focus on getting well and don’t stress a thing. I’ll keep you posted on everything. God bless.
    Sorry it took so long to get back, has taken a while to shake this crap.
    Found the package, was returned to shipper, they transposed the center two digits of your street number. Would have been nice if they'd notified it was returned. The box looks like it was smashed a couple times.
    inCollage_20220131_191302651.jpg

Anyway hope it didn't cause any inconvenience.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Sorry it took so long to get back, has taken a while to shake this crap.
    Found the package, was returned to shipper, they transposed the center two digits of your street number. Would have been nice if they'd notified it was returned. The box looks like it was smashed a couple times.
    View attachment 301843

Anyway hope it didn't cause any inconvenience.

Heyyyy. Glad you got it back. No inconvenience at all, in fact there have been developments that has caused this thing to fall apart.

As everyone else, you’ve been awesome and I’m eager to show my thanks and give back. I’ll contact you, along with everyone else, shortly. You all have no clue his this whole thing has helped me cope with this experience.

All, please stand by for fulfillment of what was discussed. God bless you and yours.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Hey I know it's been a while. I apologize. Ended up in the hospital with internal bleeding and then had a bout with covid. Things are looking up the last couple weeks. I still have the optic and am still giving it away. Hope you all are doing well. God bless.
    Wishing you luck on a quick recovery.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Have you heard from your friend’s family? They may come around after some time has passed. Initial shock of grief does weird things to people. It was a good thought you had to build that rifle for her.

I hope you are processing your grief in a healthy way.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Have you heard from your friend’s family? They may come around after some time has passed. Initial shock of grief does weird things to people. It was a good thought you had to build that rifle for her.

I hope you are processing your grief in a healthy way.

Hey buddy, thanks for the kind words. His mother has not contacted me since. Sucks. I think I have gotten over the sadness and depression of the whole thing, but I'm still having trouble with the guilt. I knew he needed me and need someone to get him out of his house, but I let my dad's death, two months before his, get me down enough to the point that I stopped bugging him to get out of the house. I wish I would have... Ah, I don't know. I knew he was binging on drugs and it wasn't him to do that. I knew he was depressed. A week before I found him, I told my wife "damn it, he's binging on drugs, he's going to die soon if he doesn't stop", yet even though I asked him to stop, I just wasn't firm as I could have been.

I know it's not my fault, what happened to him, but I know I coulda done more. I hope he can forgive me, when we meet the Father.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Don’t allow yourself to feel guilty. You were grieving your dad. I’ve lost mine and it sucks. You have no control over grieving. If you are, then you are. Your buddy should have been there for you. And guilt is part of grieving for many.

Reality is there was little you could do to stop him from doing drugs. Addicts do addict things. Some things in life are inevitable. No amount of pestering him would have stopped it. This one is not your burden to carry.

I see this coming for one of my son’s friends. 6 rehabs, jail time, family and friends pleading. Absent divine intervention this kid will be found dead with a needle in his arm.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom