• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    But its better than the Air Force, right? I mean that's not really even the military. More like a vacation. At least that's what I tell my brother in law. I did spend 6 months with the 15th MEU on a WestPac tour and some of those guys were alright.

Ah, the sound of jealousy LOL

My dad was a disabled USAF vet, and 90% of my friends who served or are serving are in the Air Force. One of my sons wants to be a crayon eater in the Marines, and the other is looking at enlisting in the AF...

But at least neither of those options is the Space Force...

hornetguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    Scotch blends have their place, too...I mean, sometimes you've gotta clean up a paint spill or disinfect a wound, right?
    ah.... hahahaha..... we have a SNOB in our midst! :laughing:
    I've actually had some really nice blends.... I just normally don't tell people about it.... sort of like dating the girl with the "good personality".... back when I was young enough, and single enough to date.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    Howdy and welcome to TGT.
    I appreciated your interesting introduction... Athough:
    1) We will have to try to agree to disagree on your approval for the existence glocks.
    2) Hard stop on your legumaphobia condition - proper chilli must include beans.
    3) Thank you for your service, but Navy is most definitely not better than Air Force.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    ah.... hahahaha..... we have a SNOB in our midst! :laughing:
    I've actually had some really nice blends.... I just normally don't tell people about it.... sort of like dating the girl with the "good personality".... back when I was young enough, and single enough to date.

My wife accidentally bought me a blend - she was trying to buy me a bottle of Irish Mist whiskey liqueur (Irish whiskey blended with honey - effing amazing stuff), but forgot what it was called and bought me a bottle of Highland Mist blended Scotch. Cheap stuff. Plastic screw cap. But I was curious, so I poured some and...it was smooth, with a nice rich flavor. Far superior to the Johnny Walker and Chivas Regal I had sampled in the past from bottles costing three to four times as much. If there's ever a time I'm desperate for a taste of Scotch and can't afford a decent single malt, I'll buy it again.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Howdy and welcome to TGT.
    I appreciated your interesting introduction... Athough:
    1) We will have to try to agree to disagree on your approval for the existence glocks.
    2) Hard stop on your legumaphobia condition - proper chilli must include beans.
    3) Thank you for your service, but Navy is most definitely not better than Air Force.

Well, otherwise you were sounding pretty reasonable there, Tip.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I was once told that Shiner Bock at one time was one of the cheapest beer that was still drinkable. I gained fame with teenager & college students on a budget. & when those teens & college kids grew up & earned a living they continued drinking it. With their new found identity as adults the had more money to spend on beer and Shiner Bock sales grew until it hit micro brew status.

I like Shiner, but Bock gives me a terrible headache. I'll drink Shiner's other flavors as they don' give me the headache. Ruby Redbird goes really good with most foods that I eat. Salt & Lime, Peach + Blonde are all decent drinking beers.

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    Hello and welcome. I live in NRH too, so we are neighbors.
    Thanks for your service and IMHO all branches of military services are necessary to become part of the team. :usflag:
    I was in the US Army back in the 1960's when it was a bad time. I like all kinds of guns, some more than others. :)

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Welcome aboard - good list, except for that unfortunate Naval diversion. You and my best friend have the same flaw there...but nobody's perfect. And I'm a fan of both whisky and whiskey.
    Flaw? Would you rather he was a crayon eater, a bullet sponge, or in the chair force?
    ETA: I forgot about the fresh water pirates .
    But it’s better than the Air Force, right? I mean that's not really even the military. More like a vacation. At least that's what I tell my brother in law. I did spend 6 months with the 15th MEU on a WestPac tour and some of those guys were alright.
    As long as your Navy time was before the stress cards in boot camp you’re alright.

I knew lots of GM’s, and some of them were OK.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Flaw? Would you rather he was a crayon eater, a bullet sponge, or in the chair force?

As long as your Navy time was before the stress cards in boot camp you’re alright.

I knew lots of GM’s, and some of them were OK.

You must've missed my other post about the family history with the USAF...and the services my sons are looking at joining...

Some Navy guys get so defensive...LOL

Last edited:

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I was once told that Shiner Bock at one time was one of the cheapest beer that was still drinkable. I gained fame with teenager & college students on a budget. & when those teens & college kids grew up & earned a living they continued drinking it. With their new found identity as adults the had more money to spend on beer and Shiner Bock sales grew until it hit micro brew status.

I like Shiner, but Bock gives me a terrible headache. I'll drink Shiner's other flavors as they don' give me the headache. Ruby Redbird goes really good with most foods that I eat. Salt & Lime, Peach + Blonde are all decent drinking beers.

Revolver Brewing's "Blood and Honey" is a pretty darn good Texas beer. Give it a try if you haven't already.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Revolver Brewing's "Blood and Honey" is a pretty darn good Texas beer. Give it a try if you haven't already.
    I’ll be real honest with you, I’m not much of a beer drinker that I once was. All those years of running the Sea Devil really turned me off of most beers.

When it was stupidly hot & humid the smell of spilled beer probably was the worst thing for me. Then there were all the times rushing to tape fresh kegs and not having the tavern head square on the keg & getting blow back in the face.

The smell of certain red wine to from those hot & humid days when a wench would drop a bottle. The smell go the rest of the day got sickening.

I much more prefer the English & other imports that the Prince of Wales pub has. When we were younger my buddy would open the POW to employees at night. He pretty much stayed out because of his liver. I generally would be behind the bar. My buddies wife being Welsh could put away the beers. He liked me being there because I watched out for her & nobody would start shit. Getting older 4 hours of sleep Friday, Saturday & then driving home Sunday night really just got old as I did.

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    IMG_5997.jpeg

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Howdy,
    I do tend to march to my own tune occasionally. Don't tell anyone but I prefer the 1911's over anything polymer.
    With that statement, you might be worth keepin. Do you shoot Black Powder and Single Action revolvers?

And coffee, black, is the king of drinks.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom