• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornetguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    My wife accidentally bought me a blend - she was trying to buy me a bottle of Irish Mist whiskey liqueur (Irish whiskey blended with honey - effing amazing stuff), but forgot what it was called and bought me a bottle of Highland Mist blended Scotch. Cheap stuff. Plastic screw cap. But I was curious, so I poured some and...it was smooth, with a nice rich flavor. Far superior to the Johnny Walker and Chivas Regal I had sampled in the past from bottles costing three to four times as much. If there's ever a time I'm desperate for a taste of Scotch and can't afford a decent single malt, I'll buy it again.
    If you enjoy just a touch of the smokey, peaty taste, my go-to blend is good ol' Famous Grouse. It's not bad at all....

My higher level blend would be more like Dewars 18 yr old.... very nice.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Agreed - when an intro thread turns into conversations, smartassery and members poking fun at each other that's generally a good sign.
    Any man who steps up to the line, states his position, as OP has done, and takes the smartassery, is good to go. When his position(s) result in smiles, jabs, foolery, he is a seasoned vet, who just showed up a little late.

motv8d

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2023
    Fort Worth
    Ah, the sound of jealousy LOL

My dad was a disabled USAF vet, and 90% of my friends who served or are serving are in the Air Force. One of my sons wants to be a crayon eater in the Marines, and the other is looking at enlisting in the AF...

But at least neither of those options is the Space Force...
    Well, I tip my hat to your dad! My dad was Navy, grandfather was Army in WWII. I have a nephew wanting to enlist in the Air Force, but he's weighing his options for the time being.

In basic we'd sip our margaritas at NTC/RTC while the boys at MCRD got beat on...

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Well, I tip my hat to your dad! My dad was Navy, grandfather was Army in WWII. I have a nephew wanting to enlist in the Air Force, but he's weighing his options for the time being.

In basic we'd sip our margaritas at NTC/RTC while the boys at MCRD got beat on...

Even as sad as the state of our military is right now, I'd say go ahead and encourage that nephew. Service is still a good foundation for life, in my opinion.

motv8d

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2023
    Fort Worth
    Hello and welcome. I live in NRH too, so we are neighbors.
    Thanks for your service and IMHO all branches of military services are necessary to become part of the team. :usflag:
    I was in the US Army back in the 1960's when it was a bad time. I like all kinds of guns, some more than others. :)
    Looking forward to meeting a new neighbor. And thanks for your service.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Wait...how do you know that?
    1698189290283.png

motv8d

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2023
    Fort Worth
    Flaw? Would you rather he was a crayon eater, a bullet sponge, or in the chair force?
    ETA: I forgot about the fresh water pirates .

As long as your Navy time was before the stress cards in boot camp you’re alright.

I knew lots of GM’s, and some of them were OK.
    Yup, Slick Willie was enjoying his oval office company while I was in. Early to mid 90's.

I weep to think about the difference between then and now...

motv8d

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2023
    Fort Worth
    Howdy,
    With that statement, you might be worth keepin. Do you shoot Black Powder and Single Action revolvers?

And coffee, black, is the king of drinks.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    Coffee should be very black and very hot.

Black powder and single action is my next chapter. Been wanting to buy a revolver, but need to do some research on what's what.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Yup, Slick Willie was enjoying his oval office company while I was in. Early to mid 90's.

I weep to think about the difference between then and now...

Hey, that makes you about my age. Cool. We're surrounded by geezers...

And BTW, we do get together fairly often. A bunch of us went shooting on the 14th out by Palestine on a member's land. Good times were had, as was good chili - with the beans on the side for those who wished to contaminate it.

Top Bottom