• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    I watch the show as a critic. I am entertained however. I like to see what stupid worthless contraption they think of next.
    Target Sports

BG1960

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Unincorporated East Harris County
    They may not build the highest quality stuff. They may do some hokey stuff. There may be some ridiculous antics they do. They may have attitudes. Personally, I still watch it and find it enjoyable for the most part because it's about GUNS! I'd much rather waste 30min out of my day watching this than so many of the other crappy tv shows on currently. It could be better, but at least it's about guns. ;)

And the old boy seems to be having fun and making money. We should all be so lucky.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    They seem to focus primarily on specialty pieces, things that higher-volume shops won't even touch, yet apparently focus on building stuff right as job #1. And watching them rebuild the flamethrower (and the subsequent comment about "he paid this bill many years ago", or words to that effect), and the more recent build for the young marine that lost use of his right arm, where they again refused to present a bill for their work - makes me a supporter of 'em. How anyone can want to attempt to denigrate that is beyond me.

mkillebrew

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Austin
    It's an OK show, they need to get rid of the "don't try this at home" speech and replace it with "you can order various parts kits from us and try this at home"

RiverCity.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    San Antonio
    I've been puzzled by some of the criticism that seems to be directed at RJF for coming up wth crazy ideas. On the show I watch, it is the customers who ask RJF to make these "contraptions. " RJF then builds to the customer's specs. Sounds like a good business - custom orders - to me.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Ummmm....Mythbusters uses the same disclaimer. Given the crop of idiots in the world today (and the scum-suckin' attorneys willin' ta represent 'em), they HAVE to say it.

mkillebrew

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Austin
    Of course, the same people that are going to try something stupid at home aren't going to be stopped by the TV telling them not to.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    Replace the disclaimer with. The right to keep and bear arms is an important part of the US constitution. To maintain your right to keep and bear arms we recommend you join a gun rights organization.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    KAK, do you have any idea as to just what kind of BS they have to go through w/lawyers and such with programs such as this, or do you just want them to do it your way because that's the way you want it???

I'd LOVE to see 'em encourage more knowledge about firearms - but as it is, it's so nice seeing a program that shows the plain ol' fashioned FUN folks can have with guns that it ain't funny.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    The shoulder fired 1919 was really bad ass actually!! Highly impractical but bad ass. I want one but I'd have to get a bit bigger.

They earned my respect when they didn't charge the ex marine for the atv setup. That's a great guy, I try to Support tw wounded warrior project as much as I can. It is a great charity that isn't a bunch of anti gun treehuggers.

I can honestly say that I was wrong, this guy is a good guy.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    FWIW, I wasn't too sure 'bout 'em either myself, but have a customer down the road from 'em a bit that knows 'em, and swears they're "real", so I had some inside scoop early on. The guy is apparently a hoot, and really takes care of his folks.

flashguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2008
    Dallas, Texas
    In one of the recent episodes there was a man came in wanting to buy a suppressed short-barreled AR-15 over the counter and the young lady informed him it would take about 4 months before the paperwork would clear and he could take possession. He tried to make a bribe but she stuck to her guns, saying that the law was the law and they had to adhere to it. (Naturally, one would expect her to hold the line while being videoed, but I believe that they strictly follow the rules--they can't afford to be closed down by the BATFE.)

flashguy

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Well they mentioned the ATF and 4 month waiting period for the flashlite gun since it would be an SBR. So that covers that!

Top Bottom