• SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    The shoulder fired 1919 was really bad ass actually!! Highly impractical but bad ass. I want one but I'd have to get a bit bigger. .

This was stupid. The tnw kit has been round for years and they didn't even realize that the barrel has a gas booster on the end.

The water cooled twin m16s for the fake seals was amazing.

The way will talks about how each idea is a game changer and is going to make him 20k is ignorant.

The bullshit sound testing is ignorant.

Now . . . The integrally suppressed ak was original and interesting. Enclosing the gas block is the only way to make one quiet.
    Capitol Armory ad

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Remember, they're doing this for TV producers. That's typically liberal folks that you have to keep entertained every few seconds, rather than allow the subject at hand to educate 'em. Way I figure it is that if nothing else, it's going to educate the average Joe so that next time the news talks about some gun in their typically ignorant way, folks will finally realize just how full of BS the media is.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    The knife making episode was especially painful to watch.

Those guys ruining that piece of d2 with hand grinders . . . . I don't know.

Wonder if he hollow ground that edge? Lol

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    I have to say I am a big fan of this show. Just the attitudes alone are refreshing compared to most of the crap on TV. They take care of their own, bust ass when it needs to be busted, always try to do right by their customers, and have shown tremendous charity towards veterans.

I take back what I said about the daughter after the first show or two also. Taking a customer to shoot her gun at another range because theirs was in use, etc. shows she has a good attitude too.

Knock their originality or whatever all you want. I am in and hope the show stays on for a long time and that they make boatloads of $$. They deserve it way more than a lot of people on TV.

doubled

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    frisco, tx
    The things that bother me are the saftey issues...

1 - shooting blanks at each other

2- using your own body to test the impact of a dust-rocket without first testing against a pressure plate or something.

3- not using hearing protection when testing a suppressor, cause "if it works you shouldn't need it"

Professional or not - don't try that at home or in your professional shop.

I understand it's TV and some of the antics are needed, but i'd prefer to see the show take a more literal approach and spend more time walking you thru the gun building process rather than the 15 minutes of "filler" they put in the show.

- slice a can in half and show how the gas flows and why it reduces sound (understanding that some of this might be private IP information they wouldn't want to share)
    - walk thru the CNC machine and how it works. that's interesting stuff.
    - Gunsmithing in general - it takes a week for some of these builds, show what you do in that week.

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    I dunno why people love to hate. I don't recall them saying that they were the original inventor of something brand new that had never existed before. Hell they even called it a "Masterkey" which is a term coined decades ago. I do recall someone asking them to make something specific and they did.

Hate on.

Who did then?

I dunno but here is another example. http://www.knightarmco.com/m203_12ga.html

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    I like the show, just didn't like the fold out pistol similar to that which magpul had done, which magpul recreated from another. It was just the part how they were amazed at the plastic toy they saw at a gun show. For these guys being I'm the market they are in, figured they'd seen the magpul vid. I think the end design could have been a little better. Just seemed too bulky and clumsy when open. Just my .02. I do like the show though.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I saw two of their cans. A 5.56 and the saiga sbs. Not real impressed with the 556. The attachment method was a simple thread on mount and the can seemed large.

The saga was interesting but not hearing safe.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Oh God... WHY???!!!???

AMERICAN CHOPPER GUN
    Premieres July 27 at 9PM ET/PT
    Kris gets the idea to do a chromed out, 1919 machine gun with a dragon painted on it. Vince loves the idea and wants to add to it a handlebar trigger system. Will realizes they need experts in chrome and handlebars to pull this one off: the boys from Discovery's American Chopper. And, of course, that means an invite to Baton Rouge for Paul Jr. and team to test the tricked out gun. Meanwhile, world-class speed shooter Jerry Miculek walks into Red Jacket looking to alter a Bulgarian Krink. Will shows off his integrally suppressed AK47 when Jerry challenges Will to a bet: if he can fire this AK in single fire mode faster with his finger than someone pulling the trigger on a fully automatic AK, Will owes Jerry a custom Red Jacket gun free of charge. But can he pull it off?

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Why do folks have to hate? C'mon - it at least puts guns out into the general masses as something interesting and (gasp) fun to shoot and own! Wouldja rather have the anti's have their agenda put out there?!???

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Don't get me wrong, I love the show, but still... a chromed out 1919 with a dragon painted on the side... It just reminds me of riced out cars like this one...

dsc02033.jpg

dragon%20car.jpg

Ebayphotos_253.jpg

Top Bottom