• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    All this over Starbucks, yet I see a majority of members here that love and support Hollywood movies, TV, music and video games , yet never question where the majority of popular entertainment money is going to support politically. :confused:
    Gun Zone Deals

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Will it inconvenience me? Yes.

I don't think so. I make my own Starbucks vanilla frappuccino (Did I even spell that right?) at home. Figured out the recipe myself. It's much cheaper, easier, more convenient, and there a sense of pride in doing something for myself (even if it's as insignificant as cracking a coffee recipe) which can not be bought. Like you, I only bought Starbucks as a gesture of misplaced gratitude.

Try making a few things for yourself sometime. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    For the record I agree with you. I've taken this stance on any company who, in my opinion, violates my 2nd Amendment rights.

And one last thing- this isn't just a 2A issue. I refuse to give money to any company which asks that I give up any of my rights or even lawful privileges as an adult. You can probably tell my list of "Good" companies is very short.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    You can count on one hand how many times i have given Hollywood my money in the last 10 years, and not use all your fingers.

I do not respect those who do not respect me.. PERIOD!

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    All this over Starbucks, yet I see a majority of members here that love and support Hollywood movies, TV, music and video games , yet never question where the majority of popular entertainment money is going to support politically. :confused:

I've stopped watching movies starring Matt Damon, Mark Wahlberg, Stallone and Schwarzenegger even though I love action flicks. I won't watch comedy shows featuring Jim Carrey or Sarah Silverman. Like I said before, if I discover a company or person is actively engaged in violating the Bill of Rights I won't support them. This is an ongoing process of discovery that, I assume, will eventually lead me to a hermit's life in the middle of the Texas hill country :)

So be it.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    Right. Wrong. Or indifferent. I see everyone here as my brother, and sister. Since most of my family is far over on the left side, I say that is a good thing

stanjones

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2013
    South Austin
    I've stopped watching movies starring Matt Damon, Mark Wahlberg, Stallone and Schwarzenegger even though I love action flicks. I won't watch comedy shows featuring Jim Carrey or Sarah Silverman. Like I said before, if I discover a company or person is actively engaged in violating the Bill of Rights I won't support them. This is an ongoing process of discovery that, I assume, will eventually lead me to a hermit's life in the middle of the Texas hill country :)

So be it.

this is the same for me, exactly.

stanjones

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2013
    South Austin
    Not that it's a hard battle to not buy something.

you're exactly right. You dont have to get "up in arms" to not pay $7 for a cup of coffee. Its actually quite easy and does not somehow take over one's life trying to avoid anti-2A businesses. It's actually quite easy. I agree with you.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    They're not anti 2A though. They are anti organized walking around with rifles for policital purposes in their stores. I would be as well. Appreciation means visiting but unless you regularly carry around an ar in a 3 point sling you are looking for reaction.

stanjones

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2013
    South Austin
    Exactly...even though its legal in public they still have the right to refuse you on their private property.

ACtually, if it's a "public accomodation" it cannot deny you your 2A rights. Only if it's a private club can it do that.

Here is Judge Andrew Nopalitano on this situation: Judge Napolitano on Gun Rights.mpg - YouTube
    "Starbucks is a 'public accommodation, meaning it invites the public to come on its property. And when the public comes on its property, the public doesn't shed any of its constitutional rights. So Starbucks could no more say you've got to keep the gun out there, then it could say you have to keep your political opinion out there."
    ..."If I'm preaching my devotion to Ron Paul so loudly the people can't order their coffee - THEN Starbucks can stop me." - Judge A.Nopalitano

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    ACtually, if it's a "public accomodation" it cannot deny you your 2A rights. Only if it's a private club can it do that.

Here is Judge Andrew Nopalitano on this situation: Judge Napolitano on Gun Rights.mpg - YouTube
    "Starbucks is a 'public accommodation, meaning it invites the public to come on its property. And when the public comes on its property, the public doesn't shed any of its constitutional rights. So Starbucks could no more say you've got to keep the gun out there, then it could say you have to keep your political opinion out there."
    ..."If I'm preaching my devotion to Ron Paul so loudly the people can't order their coffee - THEN Starbucks can stop me." - Judge A.Nopalitano

That is just one judge's opinion. It is also private property and as such has every right to demand a person leave. IMO he has it wrong but I am not a SCOTUS judge so my opinion here is worth jack shit.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Appreciation means visiting but unless you regularly carry around an ar in a 3 point sling you are looking for reaction.

I don't necessarily agree. While a reaction to that is inevitable I think the overall goal is to normalize firearms. I can sympathize with the OC advocate's position that Joe Blow carrying a gun is no more threatening than a cop doing the same.

Top Bottom