• ...and so much more!
  • just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    32ct Starbucks K-Cups $20 Shipped

If you are going to drink it, at least drink it cheap!! :-)

Deal good through the 23rd, I think.

And I don't work for Starbucks or anyone else, mostly.

thanks! i used this today! appreciate the link

I think youd be surprised how many of us DO pay attention to what companies stand for.

I wear cinch jeans and browning tshirts when Im not wearing a Magellan fishing shirt for work. I don't not watch any movies with anti-gun actors in it. I do not buy anything from Dicks, CTD, and I buy my food from HEB. Im not a starbucks drinker because I refuse to pay that much for coffee, but my wife will no longer be going there after this. It is not possible to research everything we buy from companies but the bulk of my purchases come from companies who share my beliefs. If more of us did that the US would be different.

kudo's to you for living strictly by your principals - i think you are the exception rather than the rule

I guess I kinda boycott Sbux, but not on the gun issue, coffee ain't good...guess if I loaded it up with cream, sugar etc I could cover up the taste of the stump water...

ok, i'm starting to get the vibe that you dont like starbucks coffee, not sure which post of yours it was - but thats just the feeling i'm getting ;)

i served 21 years and i've had some crappy Army coffee - but my service doesnt mean i have to be shackled to crappy coffee......you can say you dont like starbucks - we all have different taste buds, likes, dislikes....but to say its "stump water" is really a bit silly - if it truly was bad coffee, we wouldnt be having this discussion - they arent making money hand over foot because they sell a bad product
    Target Sports

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    i'm with Texan2

i think as gun owners - if we want to be accepted by the non gun crowd - we have to be willing to live and let live with them as well. the fact that we all live around people who think differently than us on any number of topics is a fact of life

it's my opinion that we do ourselves a much bigger favor by winning them over by just accepting them - rather than all the acrimony and conflict we create when we stand our constitutional ground over a cup of coffee

i'm probably not stating my opinion very well but it's early on a Monday and I've only had one cup of starbucks.....

Calbear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    Austin

I like Colion Noir and agree with most of what he says in the video. I disagree with him on one thing though -- the OC/CC split. He's making the same accusation I've heard OC'ers make, which is CC'ers who are against OC are just happy because they already got theirs, and are throwing OC under the bus. That's a load of garbage. Nearly all CC'ers I've met have and will continue to support OC. What some of us have a problem with are the strategies, or lack thereof, on the OC side.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    can't we all just get along? ;)

null_zps44e98846.gif

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    This policy isn't anti gun, its pro business. I would have done the same thing. If I owned a non gun related business I wouldn't want people toting rifles in my store. If that makes people uncomfortable and therefore fewer come to my store it effects my bottom line.

Agreed.

I would have kicked them out a long time ago. They are a distraction to my business. If in the natural course of your life you are open carrying and want to come in fine, but to target my business for what essentially is a protest is not going to fly.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    thanks! i used this today! appreciate the link

kudo's to you for living strictly by your principals - i think you are the exception rather than the rule

ok, i'm starting to get the vibe that you dont like starbucks coffee, not sure which post of yours it was - but thats just the feeling i'm getting ;)

i served 21 years and i've had some crappy Army coffee - but my service doesnt mean i have to be shackled to crappy coffee......you can say you dont like starbucks - we all have different taste buds, likes, dislikes....but to say its "stump water" is really a bit silly - if it truly was bad coffee, we wouldnt be having this discussion - they arent making money hand over foot because they sell a bad product
    Well JK to each his own, but I used to be a Sbux drinker, then after spending time over in France and Italy it cured me of Sbux. Look great beans are limited, very limited there is only so much every year. Where do the high dollar great beans go, Europe, mostly France and Italy. The rest of the world gets what is left over. Now Sbux faces a real problem. They are MASSIVE buyers of beans and in order for that Pikes Place brew, after all they want it to taste the same across the US. I lived in Seattle for a while and was drinking Sbux long before it was cool I can assure you.

When I want coffee I want coffee, straight up, hot, black, strong, now that is when you are drinking and tasting the coffee. In fact I still drink Sbux when I am out of the road...why, I know what I am getting vs some coffee shack in a strip mall that buys the cheapest beans money will buy. So if there is a Sbux in town I will go there, rather have stump water then who knows what comes out of some dirty can sitting on a counter being cooked up by some HS kid.

Sbux does not release its detailed info on what they sell, but not a lot of their customers ask for a straight coffee. My asking the person behind the counter when I order has led to believe that straight coffee is a minor part of the menu requests. I got to be friends with a manager in Dallas and he told me almost all his regular coffee sales are before 9am, after that they sell very little thru the day.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    wait - but you said it sucks???? ;)

relax, i'm just giving you a hard time
    LOL it does but sux less than some of the joints I have stopped while traveling, WOW, made field coffee from my Army days taste great. Same goes for McD's...not my choice and have not eaten at one for anything other than breakfast since the early 70's and I only have bfast there and do so when traveling 'cause I know what I will get.

Speaking of coffee: Try the new Denny's coffee, you have to ask for it, but it is EXCELLENT! I am drinking right now one of my favs for everyday home: Nescafe', Tasters Choice, French Roast (Instant)...YES INSTANT! Not kidding. We travel feq and we keep instant on our camper as often we are not close to a coffee shop. So the other day I picked up this at the store with my typical low expectation...wow, blown away with how good it tasted.

Ohhh and that patch you have, the yellow one with the horses head, I have one on my Right shoulder and a CIB on my chest to go along with it...D Co 1/12th Inf '67

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    i am not a fan of McD's coffee either

i'd go to Dunkin Donuts first - havent set foot in a Denny's in years because i walk out with a gut full of heavy food

that patch is a combination of the 1st Cav and Big Red one. my youngest son is an Armor 2LT with the 1st Cav in Afghanistan - my oldest was an infantryman with the Big Red One in Iraq - so i had a friend combine the two

I was a CW3 in CID :D

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    i am not a fan of McD's coffee either

i'd go to Dunkin Donuts first - havent set foot in a Denny's in years because i walk out with a gut full of heavy food

that patch is a combination of the 1st Cav and Big Red one. my youngest son is an Armor 2LT with the 1st Cav in Afghanistan - my oldest was an infantryman with the Big Red One in Iraq - so i had a friend combine the two

I was a CW3 in CID :D
    GREAT for you son! I worked an operation with the Big Red, they were my indirect fire support from a 8" battery, spent a few days back there with them then we headed out, IIRC they had just got in country from Ft Carson...

Yes Denny's can make a gut heavy, but I order w/o cheese or potatoes in my omelets, no toast and it becomes a rather light meal...

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Well JK to each his own, but I used to be a Sbux drinker, then after spending time over in France and Italy it cured me of Sbux. Look great beans are limited, very limited there is only so much every year. Where do the high dollar great beans go, Europe, mostly France and Italy. The rest of the world gets what is left over. Now Sbux faces a real problem. They are MASSIVE buyers of beans and in order for that Pikes Place brew, after all they want it to taste the same across the US. I lived in Seattle for a while and was drinking Sbux long before it was cool I can assure you.

When I want coffee I want coffee, straight up, hot, black, strong, now that is when you are drinking and tasting the coffee. In fact I still drink Sbux when I am out of the road...why, I know what I am getting vs some coffee shack in a strip mall that buys the cheapest beans money will buy. So if there is a Sbux in town I will go there, rather have stump water then who knows what comes out of some dirty can sitting on a counter being cooked up by some HS kid.

Sbux does not release its detailed info on what they sell, but not a lot of their customers ask for a straight coffee. My asking the person behind the counter when I order has led to believe that straight coffee is a minor part of the menu requests. I got to be friends with a manager in Dallas and he told me almost all his regular coffee sales are before 9am, after that they sell very little thru the day.

If you want amazing coffee, best I've ever had, go to Carabas Italian grill. Maybe I was just wore out and really ready for coffee. But it was amazing. I don't know if its company wide. As I know their menu isn't quite.

But if I want a straight you black cup of tar (I like black cups of tar) Starbucks it is...

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    i spent 10 days in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia - where coffee originated

VERY different there - very thick and heavy -and you're left with a fine grain in the bottom of the cup

took me 3 days to get used to that but i really liked it afterwards

i'm really not a coffee snob and will drink just about anything except maxwell house

there's a blend i used to buy at Costco that is pretty good

Pike Place just happens to be my favorite right now

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Great coffee comes in small quanties, if you want some truly great stuff you have to get outside the US or or hit a few, very few coffee shops that will pay the money to buy the bean. Some beans go as high as $40 a lb and you can expect to pay from about $7 a cup to as much as $12 a cup and that cup is not the cup I drink out of (14 oz), more like a 6 oz. When I was on the exp acct I would pop for that when I was in NYC, great stuff.

I can ONLY imagine the stuff in Ethiopia I have heard its very thick, would love to try...

Nortex

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2013
    Republic of Texas
    I avoid Starbucks as well.

- very thick and heavy -and you're left with a fine grain in the bottom of the cup
    how did they prepare the coffee? Sounds like a fine grind maybe in a press or porous filtration. Nothing necessarily wrong with that, but not my preference.

My thoughts:
    - use pure water (RO is easy/cheap)
    - use clean equipment without a bunch of old coffee residue (I like the Chemex setup, rinses very clean)
    - FRESHLY roasted beans. Freshly picked is great if you live in Columbia...but if you can find a local roaster that import & roasts on site you'll be very happy. For me, about two weeks after roasting I notice a decrease in flavor quality (the beans are drying out a little)
    - I store them as whole beans in an airtight container and grind as I go
    - Burr grinders do a better job (blade grinders tend to make a lot of dust as opposed to uniform grinds)
    - I like a press with appropriate sized grinds to avoid too much silt or do a Chemex pour over. The Chemex is a little "cleaner" taste...the press definitely lets you know if you have a good bean or not.

Probably a little OCD for most and there are many options and opinions. I kinda view it as handloading vs factory ammo (and I prefer handloads).

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch

how did they prepare the coffee? Sounds like a fine grind maybe in a press or porous filtration. Nothing necessarily wrong with that, but not my preference.

My thoughts:
    - use clean equipment without a bunch of old coffee residue (I like the Chemex setup, rinses very clean)
    - FRESHLY roasted beans. Freshly picked is great if you live in Columbia...but if you can find a local roaster that import & roasts on site you'll be very happy. For me, about two weeks after roasting I notice a decrease in flavor quality (the beans are drying out a little)
    - Burr grinders do a better job (blade grinders tend to make a lot of dust as opposed to uniform grinds)
    - I like a press with appropriate sized grinds to avoid too much silt or do a Chemex pour over. The Chemex is a little "cleaner" taste...the press definitely lets you know if you have a good bean or not.

Probably a little OCD for most and there are many options and opinions. I kinda view it as handloading vs factory ammo (and I prefer handloads).
    concur

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub

My thoughts:

i'm not sure how it was prepared - i was there in 98 so its been a day or two - i dont think i paid attention to it

i bet if you google ethiopian coffee - you'd find an answer - i'm curious as well

i remember it having an acidic taste and a kind of oily texture

Nortex

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2013
    Republic of Texas
    i'm not sure how it was prepared....i bet if you google ethiopian coffee - you'd find an answer - i'm curious as well
    I've had ethiopian yirgacheffe coffee, it's become kinda trendy of late. The local roaster has it and you can even find it as one of the HEB brands. It can be a little more acidic and I tend to use the Chemex for that reason-the unbleached paper filters remove some of tha "bite". BTW-all the HEB coffees are roasted locally in TX....only problem is you can't tell exactly when from the packaging. Sometimes the beans are really fresh, sometimes notsomuch.

I've read of some different coffee processing techniques, but my guess for the coffee you described would be it was a very fine grind making a very thick brew. I've had some coffee like that in a few places in Mexico...not bad, when in Rome you know.

...anyway, to all you Starbucks addicts I say: Break the habit, brew up some of your own better java.

Top Bottom