• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I'm still surprised by the defense of Starbucks in this thread. This policy is the same policy we debated 2 months ago. They never have been a pro-gun company. They tried to sluff off the decision government. Then asked for their stores not to be a rallying point. Then the open carry folks kept on showing up. Finally they said, look I don't want any guns in my stores. They've been saying the same thing all along. People are just too dense to hear it...

Its just like this restaurant in corpus. The executive surf club. They put up a false 51% sign. As a way to ban guns in their establishment. Then some moron pointed out it was invalid. TABC made them take it down, then up went a 30.06 sign. They didn't want guns, but they hid behind the skirts of government. Till they could no longer do so, then they let out their true colors.
    Target Sports

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    This does not mine open carry. Seriously who pays $5 for a cup of coffee anyway?
    Keurig.jpg

Kennydale

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Richmond/Rosenberg, TX
    I don't know you either get mad and don't buy their coffee, or you do. If i go to Sb I will probably use the Drive Through (It's not a meeting place for me, I once was traveling and needed their WiFi. But i am not a SB Lounge Lizard) but i will be CC because , I CAN!

ZeR0BuG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    SE, TX
    Not that I drink coffee, but I'm sure their are better alternatives to their over priced drinks....

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Moto X using Tapatalk 4

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Not that I drink coffee, but I'm sure their are better alternatives to their over priced drinks....

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Moto X using Tapatalk 4
    If you think that is the only problem...On occasion wife and I will stop into a SBux if we are traveling. We did the other day and they had come out with a new drink: Caramel Ribbon Crunch Whipped Cream Double Shot, belt fed, gas operated, crew served Frapp or words to that effect. OK I like caramel and will give it a shot. I order up the near $6 bux drink and while waiting I notice some 'numbers' on the wall menu. I ask, what are those, what do they mean as the gal hands me my drink. Her reply: Ohhh, those are the CALORIES! WTF, I barely eat that many cals in a day let alone in a single drink. As I drank I could hear the ringing in my ears, Type 3 diabetes kickin in, my toenails growing out the front of my shoes and a sudden desire to run a marathon. It would take a healthy man or woman just to be able to drink this and survive it, I now know what it feels like to overdose on some drug I am sure. I can afford the drink, just cannot afford to drink it...

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    to those of you boycotting starbucks - or whatever

i ask you - do you apply this same principle to everything you buy? think about all the foods you buy at the grocery store, the clothes you wear, the mundane crap you buy from day to day

do you research those companies and ownership to find out what their position is on guns?

i seriously doubt it.....at least the Starbucks CEO has the balls to publish his personal feelings, although i strongly disagree with them - at least I know what his stance is ......anywhere else I shop - i rarely know

its my opinion that the pro 2A crowd - all to often looks for a hot button to latch on simply for the sake of "protecting their rights"

i'd have a much greater amount of heartburn if the Starbucks CEO's message was worded much more differently - or if he were actively engaging in a campaign against guns, testifying before congress, raising money, etc etc.......so far, i havent seen proof of that

all i've asked is a letter that is tantamount to a parent telling their kids "please dont take the cookies while we arent looking" -with absolutely no consequences attached if they violate that "request"

this notion of boycotting starbucks is nothing more than a token gesture and an opportunity to proclaim/assert your constitutional rights

there are others in this nation that are WAY more dangerous to the 2d Amendment than the dude running starbucks - because at the end of the day, he's just a businessman running a successful coffee company.....most of the people I've seen jumping up and down about this dont ever go to starbucks anyway.

it just seems to me - my measly meaningless opinion - that its all much ado about a big ball of nothing

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch

i ask you - do you apply this same principle to everything you buy? think about all the foods you buy at the grocery store, the clothes you wear, the mundane crap you buy from day to day

do you research those companies and ownership to find out what their position is on guns?

i seriously doubt it.....at least the Starbucks CEO has the balls to publish his personal feelings, although i strongly disagree with them - at least I know what his stance is ......anywhere else I shop - i rarely know

its my opinion that the pro 2A crowd - all to often looks for a hot button to latch on simply for the sake of "protecting their rights"

i'd have a much greater amount of heartburn if the Starbucks CEO's message was worded much more differently - or if he were actively engaging in a campaign against guns, testifying before congress, raising money, etc etc.......so far, i havent seen proof of that

all i've asked is a letter that is tantamount to a parent telling their kids "please dont take the cookies while we arent looking" -with absolutely no consequences attached if they violate that "request"

this notion of boycotting starbucks is nothing more than a token gesture and an opportunity to proclaim/assert your constitutional rights

there are others in this nation that are WAY more dangerous to the 2d Amendment than the dude running starbucks - because at the end of the day, he's just a businessman running a successful coffee company.....most of the people I've seen jumping up and down about this dont ever go to starbucks anyway.

it just seems to me - my measly meaningless opinion - that its all much ado about a big ball of nothing
    1) I try to, but do not let the random thoughts of some CEO stop me from buying a product IF there is not an alternative.

2) I have been 2nd Amend ALL of my life and I am nearly 70. I am as pro gun and RKBA as anyone you will meet, because I had a father who BELIEVED the 2nd was the singular point on which ALL founding docs rested. Dad was home schooled, this was before it was cool. WHY, the nearest school was over a days ride on a horse. They finally built one in the area. My family was from England, the folks that came over here to get away from the tyranny of govt. The first thing my dad learned to read was the Constitution, Declaration of Independence and the Bible. Dad killed to daily to put protein on the table, be it fish or game, they had no electricity, the Depression was raging and then the dust bowl in which they lost everything, crops, cattle and their 3000 acres in Oklahoma on the Tex border.

I asked my dad one time why he did not hunt, why did he stop? His answer I never forgot: Son, I am not a hunter, never have been, I had to hunt to eat, to put food on the table or we starved.

I got my first gun at age 5 and by that age I knew and understand more about the 2nd/RKBA than many do today. I have never been to a SBux to show I can carry or anything else. In my world the 2nd is NOT about guns, its about FREEDOM and defending ourselves against those who would do harm to us, our families and a tyrannical government, which is the reason why my family came to this country, they did not have those rights.

I have talked with some of those at Sbux with their guns and others that I consider 'rabid'. Few really know or understand what the 2nd is about, I call them the low information voters of the right wing. Many are there for the wrong reasons and in fact there are MANY gun owners whose heads are jammed to their shoulders up Obama's butt, I know some that voted for him twice and in fact call themselves 99%ers...they are liberals who carry guns. We have several on this forum.

In the final analysis, running around with a loaded up TactiKool AR and hanging around Sbux is not gaining us anything, all it does is give the wrong impression to a lot of folks that we are just a bunch of nut jobs looking to go off at any time...The 2nd is the ONLY thing that separates us from slavery...

"Helpless people must find something to think about while waiting for their kings and princes to do something about the killing. Instead of doing something about it themselves, they blame the freedom that left the killer free to kill, instead of the lack of freedom that prevented them from being able to stop him." Daniel Greenfield: Sultan Knish: The Central Planning Solution to Evil

Last edited:

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I have been in a few Starbucks and felt out of place every time.

I like their coffee. It's particularly fun to stroll in, after cleaning a buncha birds, in blood spattered camo, entrails still crusted on your hands, a feather or 2 falling off while you walk, and tell em, ehhh, I need some of that coffee. Gimme a medium. In the biggest draw I can muster. Try to pick my ears with my keys while I'm doin it.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    i ask you - do you apply this same principle to everything you buy?

I do pay attention when a company makes a spectacle about supporting something I hate. Vallero and HEB both dumped a ton of money into Pre-K for SA. Starbucks and BWW are anti-gun. Hell, I even boycott companies with annoying advertisements.

If someone wants my money they'd better make an effort for it. The beauty of living in a capitalist country is the concept of competition. There are plenty of people out there with more agreeable politics.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    1) I try to, but do not let the random thoughts of some CEO stop me from buying a product IF there is not an alternative.

2) I have been 2nd Amend ALL of my life and I am nearly 70. I am as pro gun and RKBA as anyone you will meet, because I had a father who BELIEVED the 2nd was the singular point on which ALL founding docs rested. Dad was home schooled, this was before it was cool. WHY, the nearest school was over a days ride on a horse. They finally built one in the area. My family was from England, the folks that came over here to get away from the tyranny of govt. The first thing my dad learned to read was the Constitution, Declaration of Independence and the Bible. Dad killed to daily to put protein on the table, be it fish or game, they had no electricity, the Depression was raging and then the dust bowl in which they lost everything, crops, cattle and their 3000 acres in Oklahoma on the Tex border.

I asked my dad one time why he did not hunt, why did he stop? His answer I never forgot: Son, I am not a hunter, never have been, I had to hunt to eat, to put food on the table or we starved.

I got my first gun at age 5 and by that age I knew and understand more about the 2nd/RKBA than many do today. I have never been to a SBux to show I can carry or anything else. In my world the 2nd is NOT about guns, its about FREEDOM and defending ourselves against those who would do harm to us, our families and a tyrannical government, which is the reason why my family came to this country, they did not have those rights.

I have talked with some of those at Sbux with their guns and others that I consider 'rabid'. Few really know or understand what the 2nd is about, I call them the low information voters of the right wing. Many are there for the wrong reasons and in fact there are MANY gun owners whose heads are jammed to their shoulders up Obama's butt, I know some that voted for him twice and in fact call themselves 99%ers...they are liberals who carry guns. We have several on this forum.

In the final analysis, running around with a loaded up TactiKool AR and hanging around Sbux is not gaining us anything, all it does is give the wrong impression to a lot of folks that we are just a bunch of nut jobs looking to go off at any time...The 2nd is the ONLY thing that separates us from slavery...

"Helpless people must find something to think about while waiting for their kings and princes to do something about the killing. Instead of doing something about it themselves, they blame the freedom that left the killer free to kill, instead of the lack of freedom that prevented them from being able to stop him." Daniel Greenfield: Sultan Knish: The Central Planning Solution to Evil

This is one of the best posts I've read on this site.

subseashooter

Use Your Imagination.....
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Like any old soldier I enjoy a good cup ‘o Joe and its hard to come by. A few coffee shops will do it, but Starbucks is not one of them. The best coffee I have had in the US has been at the Jailhouse Cafe in Moab, Utah.

With a career in the Army I have drank a lot of coffee. Some good, some great and sometimes I could tell the cook had washed his socks. But it all tastes good when you wrap your hands around a steaming canteen cup full of 'Joe on a cold winters day on the DMZ in Korea or the training area in Hohenfels, or Grafenwoehr, Germany. The warmth of the canteen cup in your near frozen hands and the feeling as the hot coffee slides down your throat into your belly warming you to the toes. Nothing like it and no matter how bad the cooks socks needed washing the warmth was most welcome.

That said, I got spoiled spending time in Europe especially Italy with its great coffee. I haven’t been able to duplicate it but recently I have come close. I use a blend of 25% Blue Kona from Hawaii for its smoothness, 25% Mocha beans that adds chocolate overtones and 50% Italian Roast top grade beans for their robust flavor.
    Krups Expresso maker $149.95

Cuisinart Coffee bean grinder $29.95

2 lb bag of Sam’s Club Italian Espresso Roast Beans $6.97

A great cup ‘o Joe to an warm old soldiers bones...Priceless!

View attachment 23989

View attachment 23988

View attachment 23987

View attachment 23990

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle

I think youd be surprised how many of us DO pay attention to what companies stand for.

I wear cinch jeans and browning tshirts when Im not wearing a Magellan fishing shirt for work. I don't not watch any movies with anti-gun actors in it. I do not buy anything from Dicks, CTD, and I buy my food from HEB. Im not a starbucks drinker because I refuse to pay that much for coffee, but my wife will no longer be going there after this. It is not possible to research everything we buy from companies but the bulk of my purchases come from companies who share my beliefs. If more of us did that the US would be different.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I guess I kinda boycott Sbux, but not on the gun issue, coffee ain't good...guess if I loaded it up with cream, sugar etc I could cover up the taste of the stump water...

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I don't necessarily seek out that information, but when a company chooses to take a public stance on it I'm going to take notice and act accordingly. The vast majority of crap I buy is related to guns, knives, or outdoor activities so I certainly hope they wouldn't be anti-2A. That said, there are companies out there like Dicks...

Dang, now you have me wondering about my toilet paper, toothpaste, and deodorant :p

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I've said many times before that anti-gun people try not to sound anti-gun the same way racial separatists try not to sound racist. "I have nothing against blacks. I just don't want them around me."

Anyone who can't see this is an anti-gun policy isn't paying attention. Likely willfully.
    Comparing this to racism would be hilarious except I think you are actually being serious.

This policy isn't anti gun, its pro business. I would have done the same thing. If I owned a non gun related business I wouldn't want people toting rifles in my store. If that makes people uncomfortable and therefore fewer come to my store it effects my bottom line.

Myopic 2A "supporters" (I use that term loosely as they often hurt the cause more than help it) claim to be all about THEIR rights, but don't seem to care much about the business owner rights.

REAL 2A supporters would continue to go to Starbucks (if it is somewhere they already frequented) and show that 2A supporters are normal everyday Americans. Instead we continued to drive home the image that we are extreme and unrealistic in our expectations.

A more accurate comparison would be the minority that went to Starbucks not to drink coffee, but to take a whole gaggle of cameras and press with him and use their stores as a platform for their political agenda. Using their facility to try to bait police and show the world that they can't be stopped.

I would think that in that case Starbucks would again say, "Hey you can come here to drink coffee, but we don't want to be involved in your political agenda"

Again, we are often ourt own worst enemy.

I am associated with pro gun organizations. I would never want to be associated with these guys who try to make a show out of carrying their long guns into a store.

Top Bottom