• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I have plenty of ammo, along with powder and bullets to make more. TP, well we have some, but access to a supply if we need it.

But I might start buying up all the toilet plungers in several counties. When people get their toilet stopped up, and don't have a plunger, they are going to be worth a small fortune!
    Lynx Defense

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Realizing leaves are plentiful as stupid humans realize tp isnt.
    tenor.gif

Attachments

• tenor.gif
      tenor.gif
      566.9 KB · Views: 642

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Just came from academy in Terrell. 5.56 was plentiful and about .36/round. I bought 2 of the Federal 9mm for .18/round (.20 once tax applied). There's were at least 10 more of these buckets; some Remington bucket-o-bullets, and a heck-ton of shot shells. View attachment 205009

Ouch....I'm glad I reload. My 9mm loads are running ~$3.00 a box. Casting my own bullets is the real savings.

Higgins909

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2016
    Pflugerville
    Is there a point to stocking up on ammo? Are you going to the range? Are you expecting to get into several fire fights? I wanted to snag a couple boxes of .22 rem thunder, as I'm in a sense low on that caliber, but I'm questioning if I should go to the range. (last time I went, I think I shot about 300rnds through my MK IV in 1hr)

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Is there a point to stocking up on ammo? Are you going to the range? Are you expecting to get into several fire fights? I wanted to snag a couple boxes of .22 rem thunder, as I'm in a sense low on that caliber, but I'm questioning if I should go to the range. (last time I went, I think I shot about 300rnds through my MK IV in 1hr)

There’s more than a few here that put 500-1000 rounds per month per caliber down range. FrEX, I go through 200 rds/mo just for proficiency in each handgun I own. Add another 200rdsmo x .22 in my CZ455 that’s an analog for my 6.5C (handlloafs only now) and 200rds/mo in 5.56. Just for practice/proficiency.

While reloading is helpful, there’s a limit to how many times brass can be re-used, and then there’s the fact that components are a limiting factor, too.

So yes, there’s a point to stocking up, but now is not the time. Now is the time to reload.

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    Ouch....I'm glad I reload. My 9mm loads are running ~$3.00 a box. Casting my own bullets is the real savings.
    Good for you to spend your time on reloading. I have plenty of projects that occupy my time including my grandson, restoring my G'Pa's truck and picking up a couple buckets of fun every time I'm in Academy is quite an easy way for me to enjoy plinking. Perhaps ouch to you but no so much for me (by God's grace!).

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    Someone I know on social media posted this:
    "Coronavirus update day 33: I’m not sure how many of you are still out there or are able to see this message. Most of my friends and family are gone now and I’ve been on my own for a couple of weeks. My food storages are getting pretty low so I will probably have to risk it and attempt to go scavenge for some food in the city . I’m down to my last 700,860 surgical masks that have pretty much kept me alive up until this point and I have 2,000,000 bottles of hand sanitizer left. I’m not sure if that’s going to be enough to make it until summer. My water supply is getting low too, I was only able to purchase 57,000 cases before the outbreak really got out of control. Luckily my 750 drums of gasoline are still full because I haven't left the house in a about three weeks. I will send out another update after my search for food is complete. God bless."

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    People need to remember that not all hand sanitizer is antiviral. Alcohol free is definitely not as effective, but anything is probably better than nothing.

Tea tree oil is antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antifungal and antiviral. Pure tea tree oil is best.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom