• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I almost feel bad about my trip thru walmart last night laughing at the wuhan retards fighting over cheap toilet paper they wouldn't dare buy or use any other time.

Almost.

It was almost as fun as going people watching at a mall on Christmas eve.

I'm glad I resisted the urge to tell those guys discussing weather denatured alcohol could be used as sanatizer to hurry up and get some before everyone else realizes there is some left. I mean, It would have been a complete waste not to see their reaction. Plus, seriously, I guess I don't want anyone to get sick on account of a stupid joke and depending on what's added to it they could absorb enough to get sick or have kids.

But come on, can they be that stupid and desperate? And the soap isle was still full of dial bar soap and did soap.

They all had a smart phone and still were trying to talk themselves into trying it.

Oh ya, walmart is temporarily suspending the 24 hour stores from being open past midnight. Their people can't even stock the shelves with out getting mobbed.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Y'all realize washing your hands under warm running water without soap for 40-60 seconds will work?
    Soap just helps a little, but the act of rubbing hands under water is the key.
    Anti-bacterial soap would be a little extra beneficial.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    People need to remember that not all hand sanitizer is antiviral. Alcohol free is definitely not as effective, but anything is probably better than nothing.

Tea tree oil is antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antifungal and antiviral. Pure tea tree oil is best.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Tea tree oil mixed with a little olive oil kills super lice. Probably suffocates them more likely but still 2 treatments a week apart will do the job and for a few bucks.

But in a survival situation you don't want to kill lice. It's an important source of protien.

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    Mint is also antiviral.

My wife and I have noticed not many are buying produce. We have gardens and try to grow our own supply of fruit and vegetables. This does not always work out. Fruit and vegetables can be stored in many ways. Vegetables can be blanched and frozen to lock in their nutritional benefits since boiling makes them a good bit. Fruit can also be frozen. Fruit and vegetables can be dehydrated. We also can fruit, vegetables and meat. I can take little credit as she has done most of the research and does much of the work. I try to help. We raise muscovy ducks which are great for eggs as well as their meat. They are very lean and the males have the most meat. If meat is not a large portion, a duck can be more than one meal for a family. Their eggs are about 1.5x that of chicken eggs. Sometimes, they are even double yoke.

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    Colloidial silver is good stuff. Have not used a lot of it.

We do have bee hives also. Lots of benefits.

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    Is aluminum what is in most deodorants that is known to clog pores and possibly cause cancer?

Looks like alum is more stable and is not absorbed as aluminum is.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    A UV light wand, of the right spectrum, will kill bacteria and viruses in about 10 seconds. One that is used for surface or water sanitization can easily take the place of hand sanatizer if needed. But you gotta have it first.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Tea tree oil mixed with a little olive oil kills super lice. Probably suffocates them more likely but still 2 treatments a week apart will do the job and for a few bucks.

But in a survival situation you don't want to kill lice. It's an important source of protien.

Tea tree oil, mixed with water and put in spray bottle is a very effective flea killer for dogs or cats. You can also mix a little with their shampoo.

And it only takes a little bit to work.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    A UV light wand, of the right spectrum, will kill bacteria and viruses in about 10 seconds. One that is used for surface or water sanitization can easily take the place of hand sanatizer if needed. But you gotta have it first.
    UV-C the highest frequency will kill virus' and bacteria. It would have to be pretty damn bright to kill in 10 seconds though...

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I was lucky enough to buy a decent bit of ammo last month when Academy had a sale and I thought the prices were too good to pass up.

For toilet paper, I went to CVS and bought a pack of gum. The receipt should get me by for a week or so. :cool:

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas

So basically for a survival situation, your reco becomes a recipe!

Super Lice
    Cook in olive oil
    Drizzle with tea tree oil
    Salt and pepper to taste

Top Bottom