• ...and so much more!
  • Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Speechless.
    It was drastically reduced by the Judge to $10k cash then and around a grand a month. THey asked for almost $30k cash then and nearly $3k per mo. It was some formula they used to come with it. She sued me on the grounds and I am serious here "his success in life" was greater than hers. She ended up being nothing but a school teacher making next to nothing. Of course what she did NOT say was that I paid for her college education at UT Austin, she did NOT have work, she just needed to study and grad Cum Laud in Finance and Marketing I think with a teaching Cert, so double major + teach cert.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    What county/city? From everything I've been told (current experience in this matter), it's capped on number of years based on length of marriage.

I only have to give up half of everything I own, but no alimony (she did end up with enough cash to get a house and get by while she looked for a job).

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    It was drastically reduced by the Judge to $10k cash then and around a grand a month. THey asked for almost $30k cash then and nearly $3k per mo. It was some formula they used to come with it. She sued me on the grounds and I am serious here "his success in life" was greater than hers. She ended up being nothing but a school teacher making next to nothing. Of course what she did NOT say was that I paid for her college education at UT Austin, she did NOT have work, she just needed to study and grad *** Laud in Finance and Marketing I think with a teaching Cert, so double major + teach cert.
    Guess I was lucky when I got divorced, she was making about as much money as I was, so the papers were written sorta like "what's mine is mine and what's yours is yours". Of course a couple years later she lost her job with K2 when they sold out to REI.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Guess I was lucky when I got divorced, she was making about as much money as I was, so the papers were written sorta like "what's mine is mine and what's yours is yours". Of course a couple years later she lost her job with K2 when they sold out to REI.
    There I was sitting outside the courtroom in Denton Tx where she and her lawyer found some man hating judge.

She was a little hottie, Cheerleader, natural blonde, blue eyes, great tan looked stunning in a bikini. But I had not seen her in almost 25 years!

The hall is empty outside the court room and we have a 3 pm hearing. I am by myself, did not even bother with a lawyer. I look out of the corner of my eye and I see some lumbering, woman coming down the hall and I don't pay attention. The woman walks up to me and I look up at stained teeth, neck as fat as her head, mouse brown hair glazed over eyes. She calls me by name and my jaw slams into my chest so hear I let out a hack like I had just hot boxed a non filter Camel. I stand up and say, Pam, and being the gentleman I am I hug her and say good to see ya...I take note that my 36 in arms do not even go completely around her and her back feels like a spongy piece of foam mattress I'd slept on in some NoTell Motel. Not only will my arms not wrap around her but I am trying to get my head wrapped around that former Cheerleader and Ms Farmers Branch Tx, I so wanted to ask, What in the hell has happened to you? I did not say anything, but OMG, she had to be pushing 300 lbs. I must say I felt sorry for her for she had become what her parents were, as ugly as her daddy and as mean as her mother.

Court was short, I agreed and cut her a check for $10k plus the first months $1300 or so.

Epilog: At the first years tax time ( can write the payments off) I wonder if I am going to get hit with an increase based upon cost of living or some other BS. So I drag out the paperwork and run the numbers, I cannot believe what I see. So I send it over to a lawyer buddy and ask him to look see. He calls a few days later and Don, how the hell did you pull this off? You realize the formula goes down every year not up and the recomp clause does not specify who the recomp applies to so it applies to as much as it applies to them..When my income went up, hers went down...

Take away, I no longer pay her a single dime...

nlam01

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    There I was sitting outside the courtroom in Denton Tx where she and her lawyer found some man hating judge.

She was a little hottie, Cheerleader, natural blonde, blue eyes, great tan looked stunning in a bikini. But I had not seen her in almost 25 years!

The hall is empty outside the court room and we have a 3 pm hearing. I am by myself, did not even bother with a lawyer. I look out of the corner of my eye and I see some lumbering, woman coming down the hall and I don't pay attention. The woman walks up to me and I look up at stained teeth, neck as fat as her head, mouse brown hair glazed over eyes. She calls me by name and my jaw slams into my chest so hear I let out a hack like I had just hot boxed a non filter Camel. I stand up and say, Pam, and being the gentleman I am I hug her and say good to see ya...I take note that my 36 in arms do not even go completely around her and her back feels like a spongy piece of foam mattress I'd slept on in some NoTell Motel. Not only will my arms not wrap around her but I am trying to get my head wrapped around that former Cheerleader and Ms Farmers Branch Tx, I so wanted to ask, What in the hell has happened to you? I did not say anything, but OMG, she had to be pushing 300 lbs. I must say I felt sorry for her for she had become what her parents were, as ugly as her daddy and as mean as her mother.

Court was short, I agreed and cut her a check for $10k plus the first months $1300 or so.

Epilog: At the first years tax time ( can write the payments off) I wonder if I am going to get hit with an increase based upon cost of living or some other BS. So I drag out the paperwork and run the numbers, I cannot believe what I see. So I send it over to a lawyer buddy and ask him to look see. He calls a few days later and Don, how the hell did you pull this off? You realize the formula goes down every year not up and the recomp clause does not specify who the recomp applies to so it applies to as much as it applies to them..When my income went up, hers went down...

Take away, I no longer pay her a single dime...
    What I want to know is how the f&$? Texas would even allow that after 20 years. Flat out worse than gold digging!

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Depending on the species, some sea turtles can live over 100 years, while some species of tortoises can live 200 years or more.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kennethreyes
    Top Bottom