• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Well, that's like Dubya's call to war over WOMD. Both President's got caught in a lie.

I honestly thought that you were going to do some sort of conspiracy spin on the Malaysian airliner. Too bad that you were just posturing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    W was a great guy. Still likable.

The war in Iraq was misguided with good intentions. The saddam regime could have moved weapons across borders and maybe we didn't act fast enough to catch them. That got drug out way too long.

If you're gonna criticize W, do it about overspending and creating a dept that could have been handled by the existing entities that we were already paying for.
    Texas SOT

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

The war in Iraq was misguided with good intentions. The saddam regime could have moved weapons across borders and maybe we didn't act fast enough to catch them. That got drug out way too long.

If you're gonna criticize W, do it about overspending and creating a dept that could have been handled by the existing entities that we were already paying for.

And the patriot act.

SpyderJohn

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014

When you say dept do you mean Homeland Security? If so I agree totally.

It's late and I enjoy a decent conversation so I'll table this conversation for another time. Dubya could very well be a great guy at the wrong place at the wrong time. I do have to wonder if there wasn't something much more sinister in the heart of others that got us into Iraq.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    When you say dept do you mean Homeland Security? If so I agree totally.

It's late and I enjoy a decent conversation so I'll table this conversation for another time. Dubya could very well be a great guy at the wrong place at the wrong time. I do have to wonder if there wasn't something much more sinister in the heart of others that got us into Iraq.

Tin foil hat time? - I'm kind of curious myself. I remember that time and we were gung-HO as a country to come down on terrorists, extremists, Palestinians, camels, and everything by association.
    Plus (sorry) I have a hard time believing anyone could stop the feelings we had to get revenge for our country. We got hit hard. All that energy had to go somewhere but homeland security? Crock of shit since I heard it. Glorified TSA with way too much power and resources. Like the FBI jr.

OnyxATX

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I support Abbot with this. Good freaking job.

As far as what the GW thing? Yea, no thanks. The patriot act is an abomination. You can hold "terrorists" without due process.... then this administration hints at far right wing folks as being 'domestic terrorists' that could fall into that? Not my cup of tea.

Call me a crazy libertarian, but any violation of what our country was founded on is not something I support. I will never support something that can destroy our rights for a little extra 'security.'

SpyderJohn

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Tin foil hat time? - I'm kind of curious myself. I remember that time and we were gung-HO as a country to come down on terrorists, extremists, Palestinians, camels, and everything by association.
    Plus (sorry) I have a hard time believing anyone could stop the feelings we had to get revenge for our country. We got hit hard. All that energy had to go somewhere but homeland security? Crock of shit since I heard it. Glorified TSA with way too much power and resources. Like the FBI jr.

Yup. We attacked Iraq to get at a bunch of Saudis who were trained in Afghanistan. Makes sense to me <sarcasm mode off>

My theories:

1) Elements of the Iraqi intelligence agencies tried to kill Bush1 in Pakistan. That's historical fact and was in the mainstream papers a few years before the invasion. Was revenge a motive?

2) Halliburton billed the US Treasury for something like $10billion. Did Cheney push through the war knowing that it would make him and his buddies wealthy? I personally think there is an element of truth here. The Bush family made quite a bit of their family fortune by dealing with the Nazis and Krupp Steel during WW2. I am sure that the potential for profit was not lost on everyone involved.

3). WOMD? Nothing of any significance was found. Dubya went on national television to admit that. And voices that said there were no WOMD (Plame and Scott Ritter come to mind quickly) were silenced in order to make the Administration's case that WOMD existed. Saddam probably had chemical weapons at one time if the Kurdish tales of Yellow Rain is to be believed, but those sorts of compounds have a shelf life measured in anything from months to hours and the Kurds were hit decades before we invaded.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Well ... That famous Texas former-Guv'ner Dubya Bush got the entire nation into a war over WOMD that didn't exist. Oops.

And it has come out that Rancher Bundy has huge holes in his story about the lands where he is grazing his cattle. Oops.

So I am going to reserve judgment until more facts are in. If that's trolling then so be it. I just prefer not to be lead into something by conservative media that is often sensational and inaccurate.

Like I said, and the article mentioned, if the farmers have been paying taxes on the property then they may have some defenses.

Typical tactic, when you have nothing, deflect and make it Bush's fault. Off to the ignore list you shall go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

SpyderJohn

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Obviously a liberal troll is one who says "let's wait and see if the evidence actually supports the accusations."

Soooooooo ... when are you guys mobilizing? Or is that premature even for the Armchair Rambos amongst us? ;)

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Obviously a liberal troll is one who says "let's wait and see if the evidence actually supports the accusations."

Soooooooo ... when are you guys mobilizing? Or is that premature even for the Armchair Rambos amongst us? ;)

If Greg Abbott calls for patriots to man the Texas border im there.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Yep. Why would a media matters troll give a shit about private land in Texas? He would be right there with his buddy harry reid calling Texans terrorists.

Top Bottom