• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deepsix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Houston
    How Long a Wait

Seem that there is no rhyme or reason to how long this takes, I did my CHL course on 9th Jan, sent in the paperwork on the 1th Jan, and I am still waiting, my buddy got his same course, same day 4 weeks later, mine is just "in process". No mails asking for more information nothing, like a black hole, can you call them and ask what the holdup is? How long do you need to wait, the website really isn't that helpful, I know sometimes there are issues but this seems to just run and run with not accountability.....or is it just me?:banghead:

PigFloyd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Bulverde
    Argh.

Took the class April 10, mailed the paperwork in on the 12th. Got the letter with my PIN on the 28th. My status said "Processing" for a day, but now it says "Application incomplete - missing information. Detailed letter has been sent."

Has anyone been through that before? Am I likely to see a huge setback or will this be a massive P.I.T.A.? It's been only a few days and I'm already going bonkers with the waiting.

WaltherP88

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    CHL

Not sure if I am missing something on the new web site but after I logged in I only had an option to log out or o apply for an instructor license. Anyone else run into this?

PigFloyd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Bulverde
    Been checking the new website every day since the delay. Get this -- a month ago I got a letter saying "Photo rejected -- poor quality -- can't see eyes." Well, that's what I get for smiling, I guess. I'm a squinter, but I figure I may as well look affable and harmless on my CHL photo...

The photo was taken during the licensing class, and I couldn't get a hold of the cop who took the photos, so I ran to Wal-Mart to get some passport photos done. Girl did not know what she was doing. She had to retake it three times. I'd been up since five that morning, and I was trying to smile while at the same time keeping my eyes wide open. However, the smile became less enthusiastic with each retake. The result? In the final product, I appeared to be intoxicated.

"They'll never accept THIS," I grumbled as I submitted the new photos. However, they were, in fact, accepted. Since then I've been checking constantly.

Today the status changed. Plastic is in the mail. I doubt I'll be sleeping for the next few nights.

Deepsix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Houston
    Just goes to show that the public servants at the DPS do have a sense of humor, nothing like an official photo that makes you look like a drooling idiot to cheer up the day the State Troopers/Cops that pull you over rofl

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    Application mailed June 11th, I finally showed up on the online site today. Looks like fingerprint verification and background check is all I lack short of printing the license.

21Brutus

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2010
    Cypress
    Folks.....took the class June 11th (Thanks again Tracy! DoubleActionCHL----FREE plug!), mailed June 12th, received by state June 14th. Showed up online June 18th. Showed complete and MAILED July 13th.

RECEIVED PLASTIC IN THE MAIL TODAY!

Sooooo.....patience is a virtue???

Top Bottom