• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • soconor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Central Texas
    Calling DPS everyday. License expired 9/28/09. Website still saying it's being processed. On my last phone call I was told it has been sitting there since 8-12-09 and they just have not gotten to it yet. Wow. I did ask if I get some money back since I won't get to use it for the full term. :) Of course I was told no. :( I guess I need to give it a break, I mean I'd hate to rush them or anything.
    Venture Surplus ad

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    That has not been the issue. DPS is required by law to send a person into the county where you live/work and conduct a background check. They do not inquire with other agencies, as convictions are held at the courts.
    I don't know much about the process of background checks, so this is news to me. So the DPS can't get background info on a person unless they send someone to the county and have them go over court records in person? Do they have no better way of doing it, or is it just that state law says they have to do it that way? No wonder it takes so long.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I don't know much about the process of background checks, so this is news to me. So the DPS can't get background info on a person unless they send someone to the county and have them go over court records in person? Do they have no better way of doing it, or is it just that state law says they have to do it that way? No wonder it takes so long.

The state requires it. And if makes sense. Many counties are very bad about reporting convictions. Having a DPS employee do the actual check is the only method to be sure it is done correctly.

fmc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    long wait

Applied 4-4-09. Got letter that cop had not signed photo. got signed, received 2nd letter that prints not good. Sent in new set.
    Received license today. 10-13-90:patriot:

DRod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Took class on Halloween.
    Mailed it off today.
    From what I read about times, I should have a good Christmas if all my t's are dotted.

Englishman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    The New World
    My App has gone from "PROCESSING" 2 days ago, to "No Application / No Active Licence or Certificate Issued" Anyone know if this means I've been rejected ?

Edit - Forget the question - i must have clicked the Instructor Application Tracking link in error.....Duh !

Wounded11B

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2009
    Dallas
    CHL Blues

I took CHL course in Feb.
    I was denied CHL in September because my county reported I was delinquent on property taxes which was not true.
    Finally received corrected tax documents and faxed to DPS on Nov 2nd and was told 1-2 weeks for issue.
    Was told November 6th that License was on printer and should be issued in 1-2 weeks.
    Was told on Nov 9th that License was still on printer and should be issued in 1-2 weeks.
    Was told today at 10 am that license was on the printer and should be issued in 1-2 weeks.
    Was told today at 5pm that license was issued today and should be in the mail in 1-2 weeks.
    It will be time to renew by the time I get my license. LOL!!!
    I'm almost at day 300!!!!!!!!!
    I don't mean to be a downer for people waiting. I'm sure my case is rare.

monkeyapeman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    Houston
    logged on the application status and "Application Completed - license issued or certificate active" BAM!!!

I took the class Sept 19th and got the update today! I wonder how long it will take for the license to arrive!?

Top Bottom