• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    No, you are wrong. Felons are barred from possessing firearms by State and Federal law. So you may continue to feel good in your safe space.

Dear sirs and madams,

Why ruin a good thing? We already can carry with a license. Constitutional carry will allow CRIMINALS to carry guns. I do not know about you all, but I do NOT like the idea of not knowing who is carrying! With constitutional carry they can carry without a license and they do NOT have to show anything to a police officer!

Thanks kindly,
    GUNNER51
    DK Firearms

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    They finally posted what the state takes yearly for LTC & cost to issue ($25M/yr). Most of the testimony against was from state as to lost revenue and from the LE dept & union. Fear of 'on the beat' assassination by armed citizen. ind of a bogus concern - UNFORTUNATELY it does happen and ALMOST NOTHING CAN BE DONE ABOUT IT. Haven't heard of a single event where shooter had LTC/CHL! Mothers against guns tried to bring up spike in violent crime in S.A. (yea, sanctuary city). Still stalled in committee as of today. Oh, it was postponed (from 8 til 2) due to earlier 'business'. Only thing Rep. Hinojosa was worried about was stolen guns (how/where stolen). Gee, same places as always. Only valid point was if LEO could stop someone carrying & check for legality.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Wait a minute, I'm an old dude. I like Constitutional carry and can spell it without spellcheck.
    I think the LTC was just a revenue generation system for the State and Cops that think they are self important. Glad its changing.
    And I have women's groups that beg me every year to train them. I am willing and do take them to the range and get them safely started.
    Don't need the State to understand basic gun safety. For me its an excuse to go shooting and get a free lunch.
    Was a Policeman for 21 years and don't think much of Police shooting abilities.
    I believe in controlled expansion ammo as if you shoot it should not be to wound. I don't think you will have enough time anyway. Up your odds.
    What the hell else are you kids bitching about? I forget. I gotta have a nap.
    I may not be as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I always was. Yes I use old jokes and a revolver.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I'm not sure of the state makes money or not. Governments tend not o be extremely inefficient and lose money on almost everything they do.

I agree on the safety part. That is not learned on an LTC class. Covered maybe, but o doubt there is any measurable effect.

I'm a firm believer that those who actually know the things taught in the LTC class probably either researched before hand or did further research after.

The quality of the classes also has an extreme variation from instructor to instructor, many of which don't even accurately understand some of the laws.

Nothing above should be taken as condemnation of all instructors. Some on this forum price that there are good as well as bad. Some very good and highly knowledgeable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

I do NOT believe that Constitutional Carry will make much difference:
    Felons are prohibited from carrying/bearing arms already.
    FEW people but uniformed security & police carry openly ANYWHERE in TX.
    (Most people carry concealed on their own property & most people don't carry openly when hunting/fishing/camping.)
    Law-abiding people will NOT shoot other people without reason.
    Violent criminals will continue to carry unlawfully AND continue to BE criminals.

Therefore, I see CC as "much ado about nothing" much, except that I believe that "The Freedom to Keep & BEAR Arms" means exactly that.

yours, satx

Last edited:

lmao

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2017
    anyone who can't/wont cough up $100 a year for a permit doesn't need to be carrying, in my book, cause you KNOW they're too cheap/lazy to be skilled with their pistol. That's just a quarter a day. I could take out of or put in a quarter to/from your pocket, every day and you'd never notice any difference.

lmao

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2017
    you need to take several thousands of $ worth of training, and as much more in ammo costs (even if you buy commercial reloads, use .22lr conversion units and airsoft in your training) to be good enough to really make a difference, along with about $5000 (minimum) of h2h training (and a year of hard practice with same, then several 100 hours per year to maintain that skill.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    anyone who can't/wont cough up $100 a year for a permit doesn't need to be carrying, in my book, cause you KNOW they're too cheap/lazy to be skilled with their pistol. That's just a quarter a day. I could take out of or put in a quarter to/from your pocket, every day and you'd never notice any difference.

you need to take several thousands of $ worth of training, and as much more in ammo costs (even if you buy commercial reloads, use .22lr conversion units and airsoft in your training) to be good enough to really make a difference, along with about $5000 (minimum) of h2h training (and a year of hard practice with same, then several 100 hours per year to maintain that skill.

eb6.jpg

I'm guessing trolling, but I'm sad to say I've met quite a few people on gun forums over the years that would actually believe that kind of crap.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Texas Constitutional carry - Thoughts?

I'm thinking its time to pass the damn bill and allow Abbott to sign it. The only real whiners will be Austin and Houston, which runs off Austins farts anyway. I'll bet Art Aussiedildo the liberal that's too chicken to even admit he wants a sanctuary city will find time to have HPD enforce 30.06,07, and 08 laws. But criminal illegal Latinos, he has no time for that.

Last edited:

locke_n_load

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Texas Constitutional carry - Thoughts?

I'm thinking its time to pass the damn bill and allow Abbott to sign it. The only real whiners will be Austin and Houston, which runs off Austins farts anyway. I'll bet Art Aussiedildo the liberal that's too chicken to even admit he wants a sanctuary city will find time to have HPD enforce 30.06,07, and 08 laws. But criminal illegal Latinos, he has no time for that.

I think .08 signs are not in the final version of the bill - a gunbuster will be effective to invoke 30.05 for someone carrying sans license.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    This really is a different subject however its easy to fix. If you are open to the public you must allow carry in your business. If you do not you will provide and be responsible for the security of your patrons.
    Our legislators have the ability to so poorly write our laws that I fear they will screw it up. Sort of like the open carry law. Wherein you may open carry but you may not go anywhere. Open carry in Texas means on the sidewalk going from policeman to policeman who want to see your LTC. OC assumes the people are criminals as heart and thus must be easy to arrest by poorly trained/lazy peace officers.
    Criminals are not going to follow their stupidly crafted laws so they feel the need to restrict all the responsible citizens.

Randall732

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2017
    I am in TOTAL Agreement with your statement!

:usflag: I work in a local College as a Guard and THAT sign is posted all over Campus. The problem with that is that "The Bad Guy" i am sure is very happy to see those postings on our entrances which also gives him a great advantage. We do have a Police force but how long would it take them to be on the scene?

I think it's a great idea. I fully support it, however more needs to be done to allow CC into places that do not allow open carry. But this is a big step in the right direction. In my mind concealed = nobody's business, so long as it remains concealed.

Any place that puts a sign in front that essentially says "No Guns" is really saying "Safe to Rob"

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    This really is a different subject however its easy to fix. If you are open to the public you must allow carry in your business. If you do not you will provide and be responsible for the security of your patrons.
    Our legislators have the ability to so poorly write our laws that I fear they will screw it up. Sort of like the open carry law. Wherein you may open carry but you may not go anywhere. Open carry in Texas means on the sidewalk going from policeman to policeman who want to see your LTC. OC assumes the people are criminals as heart and thus must be easy to arrest by poorly trained/lazy peace officers.
    Criminals are not going to follow their stupidly crafted laws so they feel the need to restrict all the responsible citizens.

Have not seen or heard of open carriers being harassed by police in my area. Do you have some evidence of open carriers going from "policeman to policeman?"
    As a matter of fact, SAPD has been proactive in responding to MWAG calls and asking callers if in fact the subject has the gun holstered or not. Is this a problem where you live? Again, I would like to read more about it if it is.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    A business open to the public should not be able to deny a constitutional right. Only private establishments should be able to preclude carry.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    A business (not a government controlled one though) should be able to deny anything or anyone they want in their stores or on their property no matter how much we disagree with it. They have a right to do what they want on THEIR property, and that right does not go away just because you have a right to carry a gun. Don't like it? Vote with your wallet and go somewhere else.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    A business (not a government controlled one though) should be able to deny anything or anyone they want in their stores or on their property no matter how much we disagree with it. They have a right to do what they want on THEIR property, and that right does not go away just because you have a right to carry a gun. Don't like it? Vote with your wallet and go somewhere else.

So a store should be able to deny service to whites? Blacks? Women?

No PUBLIC business should be able to force someone to give up their constitutional rights.

Top Bottom