• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STXdevilsquid

Feb 14, 2013
    Live Oak
    Still have not recieved the rest of the 300 BO kit I purchased. Still waiting for the lower parts. All I recieved was the upper several days ago.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Still have not recieved the rest of the 300 BO kit I purchased. Still waiting for the lower parts. All I recieved was the upper several days ago.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Give me your order # if you've got it and I'll see what's going on. That should have been in your hands days ago.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Hey Charlie, I apologize for the late response, I just now saw your question.

For those of you who did not see Charlie's rifle when I had it apart at Hicksville he has, from what I could tell, a mid '80s model Colt Match Target with a factory installed trigger block in the lower as shown in the photos below.

View attachment 36351

View attachment 36352

View attachment 36353

The block is firmly locked in place by three blind pins, one on each side of the selector switch as shown here and one just behind the trigger just in front of the hole for the grip screw:

View attachment 36354

This block makes it impossible to install any trigger other than the one that came with the rifle that has been specifically modified by Colt to fit with the block. Since seeing Charlie's rifle I have done some extensive reading on that model and while I've found that the block can be removed by a competent machinist using a mill there is a good chance the lower may be destroyed in the process due to a material difference between the block and lower; while the lower is cast from a grade of aluminum which I have yet to determine the block is made from tool steel and was installed during the casting of the lower.

It is my opinion that the block should be left in place so as to avoid destroying the value of the rifle. The rifle has a very nice match trigger which could be made silky smooth with just a little work so Charlie if you're interested in letting me clean that up for you just let me know and we'll make some arrangements.

Other than that my recommendation would be to purchase a second lower receiver for it and leave that one as is.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
    What does the trigger block do? Is it an old school "can't be converted to full auto" type thing?

Ground Zero Precision

Lifetime Member
    Apr 11, 2015
    Trenton, Texas
    Texas Gun Talk Exclusive Offer - 300BLK Pistol Quick Build Kit with "Blue" Trigger

Hey guys,

Check this out; 300 Blackout Pistol Quick Build Kit with TAC-HUNTER 10" KEYMOD Free-Float Rail and "Blue" Trigger, only $522.11 with free priority shipping!

Regular price on this bad boy is $626.54

These are built, range tested and ready to ship.

This project kit includes all of the following high-quality parts:

• Ground Zero Precision 7075 T-6 Aluminum Stripped Upper Receiver (Assembled)
    • 10.5" Parkerized Heavy Profile 300 Blackout Chambered, 1:7 twist, Carbine Gas Barrel (Assembled)
    • Ground Zero Precision Dead Bolt +P Premium Full-Mass Bolt Carrier Group - Slick Black Phosphate, Chrome Lined, Magnetic Particle Inspected, High Pressure Tested
    • Ground Zero Precision Mod 2 .750 Light Weight Steel Gas Block (Assembled)
    • Seamless Stainless Carbine Length Gas Tube with Roll Pin (Assembled)
    • A2 "Birdcage" 5/8-24 Flash Hider with Crush Washer (Assembled)
    • Mil-Spec 7075-T6 Aluminum Charging Handle (Assembled)
    • Mil-Spec Dust Cover Door Assembly with Pin, C-Clip and Spring (Assembled)
    • Mil-Spec Target Forward Assist with Spring and Roll Pin (Assembled)
    • Ground Zero Precision 10" TAC-HUNTER-10 KEYMOD Free-Floated Hand guard - Precision CNC Machined from 7075 T-6 Aluminum, Hard Coat Black Anodized to Mil-Spec (Assembled)
    • "BLUE Trigger" - Ultra Precision CNC Machined 3.5 lb drop-in trigger
    • Complete Mil-Spec Lower Parts Kit Minus Fire Control Group and A2 Grip
    • Stark Equipment ANG-BL-2 Upgrade Pistol Grip
    • Mil-Spec diameter 7075-T6 Aluminum Pistol Buffer Tube - Black Hard Coat Anodized with Foam Wrap
    • "Slick-Kote" Carbine Buffer Spring
    • 3 oz Carbine Buffer
    • Mil-Spec Castle Nut
    • Mil-Spec End Plate

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Just FYI, got the blue trigger secured in with the set screw. HUGE difference! Thanks for the sale and the tech advice!

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    May 15, 2012
    Shows delivered but I came straight to school after work, so I'll get to play with it later tonight. Still gotta order the lower I'm planning on putting it in though.

STXdevilsquid

Feb 14, 2013
    Live Oak
    Hey guys,

Check this out; 300 Blackout Pistol Quick Build Kit with TAC-HUNTER 10" KEYMOD Free-Float Rail and "Blue" Trigger, only $522.11 with free priority shipping!

Regular price on this bad boy is $626.54

These are built, range tested and ready to ship.

This project kit includes all of the following high-quality parts:

• Ground Zero Precision 7075 T-6 Aluminum Stripped Upper Receiver (Assembled)
    • 10.5" Parkerized Heavy Profile 300 Blackout Chambered, 1:7 twist, Carbine Gas Barrel (Assembled)
    • Ground Zero Precision Dead Bolt +P Premium Full-Mass Bolt Carrier Group - Slick Black Phosphate, Chrome Lined, Magnetic Particle Inspected, High Pressure Tested
    • Ground Zero Precision Mod 2 .750 Light Weight Steel Gas Block (Assembled)
    • Seamless Stainless Carbine Length Gas Tube with Roll Pin (Assembled)
    • A2 "Birdcage" 5/8-24 Flash Hider with Crush Washer (Assembled)
    • Mil-Spec 7075-T6 Aluminum Charging Handle (Assembled)
    • Mil-Spec Dust Cover Door Assembly with Pin, C-Clip and Spring (Assembled)
    • Mil-Spec Target Forward Assist with Spring and Roll Pin (Assembled)
    • Ground Zero Precision 10" TAC-HUNTER-10 KEYMOD Free-Floated Hand guard - Precision CNC Machined from 7075 T-6 Aluminum, Hard Coat Black Anodized to Mil-Spec (Assembled)
    • "BLUE Trigger" - Ultra Precision CNC Machined 3.5 lb drop-in trigger
    • Complete Mil-Spec Lower Parts Kit Minus Fire Control Group and A2 Grip
    • Stark Equipment ANG-BL-2 Upgrade Pistol Grip
    • Mil-Spec diameter 7075-T6 Aluminum Pistol Buffer Tube - Black Hard Coat Anodized with Foam Wrap
    • "Slick-Kote" Carbine Buffer Spring
    • 3 oz Carbine Buffer
    • Mil-Spec Castle Nut
    • Mil-Spec End Plate

Awesome

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    May 15, 2012
    Just wanted to pop in and say everything arrived successfully, that was crazy fast. Thanks for everything GZP can't wait to try it out.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Got a hamburger at Culver's the other day and the kid asked if I was a vet, (WWII, Civil War? Hah!). I showed him my DL (he didn't ask for it) and asked him why he thought I was a vet. He pointed at the Ground Zero Precision cap given to me at Hickville! Hamburger was almost 50% off!

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I see y'all have LE and military discounts - awesome!
    Do y'all have plans to offer discounts for the vets?

Hey BubbaJon, we do. Here's a paste of the response I send to veterans who email me asking the same question. I keep intending to get this information added to our LEO/MIL Discount page but I'm always too busy adding and updating products and such.

We offer honorably discharged veterans the same discount we give to active military and law enforcement.

If you live in a state that denotes your veteran status on your state issued ID (Driver's License, CHL), or if you are retired military and have a retirement ID card all you need to do is scan it or take a picture of it with your phone and email it back to us.

Or, if your state does not denote your veteran status on your ID and you're not a retiree, or if it is easier for you, we will need a scan or photo of your DD-214.

If you send your DD-214 please make sure your scan or photo is legible from top to bottom and we ask that you black out or cover your Social Security number prior to scanning or taking the photo as we do not need it or want it in our files.

As soon as we have your ID or DD-214 we will get your discount code set up and emailed to you.

You can email your scan or photo to: info@blaminc.com

ALSO, Please note that items offered with exclusive discounts to Texas Gun Talk members are not eligible for any additional discounts and at times we will list deals that are priced so close to cost that we cannot allow discounts. In those cases there will be a clear, bolded red or green message alerting you that the item is not eligible for discount.

Last edited:

MetalCutter

Life is too short for cheap cigars!
    Lifetime Member
    Aug 20, 2014
    The Woodlands, TX
    Got anymore of the "Blue Triggers"? Another AR has found it's way into my safe so I'm in need of another of your blue wonders.

Cheers

Top Bottom