Not bad for 4 months. That's a 6' bench, lol
    Duke9deck2.jpg

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    We had a rescue schnauzer named Gus, he was a breeder dogs that the breeders were done with, so they were trying to get rid of him. We are assuming he spent his entire life in a concrete pan because when we got him he was eight years old and had never been on grass before. I had to take him out in the backyard on a leash when we first got him just to introduce him to grass. Very sad. He ended up having a wonderful life with us and was my wife’s personal guard dog.
    He never did trust any men other than me so we’re guessing that he had a male owner or keeper.
    One of the other quirks he had was, he didn’t like black people lol. When we were driving in the car, if he saw a black person he would loudly bark at them. Apparently he was a bit of a racist lol.
    <>

When I was young in the country, the phenomenon of “Black Dogs” & “White Dogs” was established.

Dogs kept by a family of one race would bark at passers-by of the other race.

I don’t see that today.

<>

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Otto and me relaxing (thank God he’s taking a nap)

View attachment 393721 View attachment 393722
    He's a beauty. Looks like he's already getting big! Is Gunther adapting? :D
    Took Duke Tues for his last round of 'puppy' vacs - vet says he's closer to 6months, not 4 like the shelter thought. 49lbs & still growing; that's +15 in the month we've had him...minus his breakfast that he puked up in the truck on our way home. LOL

thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    He's a beauty. Looks like he's already getting big! Is Gunther adapting? :D
    Took Duke Tues for his last round of 'puppy' vacs - vet says he's closer to 6months, not 4 like the shelter thought. 49lbs & still growing; that's +15 in the month we've had him...minus his breakfast that he puked up in the truck on our way home. LOL
    Gunther is slowly, slowly, slowly accepting him. Otto gained a pound the first week we had him, from 6 to 7 pounds. We’re trying to weigh him every Monday on the anniversary of picking him up, to get a growth rate. We are expecting his final weight to be between 32 and 40 pounds. Your duke is already bigger than this guy will get,

How big will Duke get?

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Gunther is slowly, slowly, slowly accepting him. Otto gained a pound the first week we had him, from 6 to 7 pounds. We’re trying to weigh him every Monday on the anniversary of picking him up, to get a growth rate. We are expecting his final weight to be between 32 and 40 pounds. Your duke is already bigger than this guy will get,

How big will Duke get?
    We have no idea. My Jake was 1/2 Anatolian and he topped out at 95; my guess is Duke is only 1/4 - and the other 3/4s are shepherd of some kind. If he really is 6months, then maybe around 80? - but we're ready for whatever comes, lol.

I'm really glad to hear Gunther is starting to accept. That was one of our concerns with bringing in another dog while Shiny was still with us; might have been too much stress while she was declining fast. Still amazes us that she left the same day Duke appeared (though we didn't learn about him until days later). Meant to be. :)

Top Bottom