ARJ Defense ad

Texas is in a small club now that includes CA, IL and NY... this is embarrassing

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    That map is incorrect.

Texas allows open carry of handguns under certain conditions. Law just passed that will open it up a little more.
    Target Sports

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    That map is incorrect.

Texas allows open carry of handguns under certain conditions. Law just passed that will open it up a little more.
    HB 700 died. What "law just passed" ? I wasn't aware of it.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    It's now legal to OC with a CHL when you are not in a public place and/or(one if this words) in direct view of the public.

That is probably not the exact wording, I can't remember it off the top of my head. We are getting there.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    So getting a little more freedom is not progress?

I was told once "we didn't lose everything overnight, and we won't get it back overnight either".

700 got nowhere because one man chose to not let it move. That's a fault in the system we are using in our state gov IMO.

I gotta ask, just what are you wanting to hear?

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    So getting a little more freedom is not progress?

I was told once "we didn't lose everything overnight, and we won't get it back overnight either".

700 got nowhere because one man chose to not let it move. That's a fault in the system we are using in our state gov IMO.

YG, I'm not directing this at you, but it provoked a thought/question I wanted to ask the forum in general. Did Texas ever allow open carry or conceal carrying of handguns? Was there ever a time when we had it? If so, when did it go away?

I ask that in relation to the statement "we didn't lose these freedoms overnight" (I've heard that before too). So I guess I'm asking, when specifically did Texas lose them? Is there a historical date? Or that saying said in regards to the Federal level acts & legislation that have been implemented over the past 100 or so years?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I think a lot if it happened in the 70s but not sure.

Gonna have to find a really old fart on the forum to answer that one better.

Paging: TRN

Hope he's got his hearing aids in.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    ok, since you ask.. I'd like to hear full Constitutional Carry. If you are not a felon, in the act of committing a crime, drunk or high, you can have a firearm, hand gun or long gun, on or about your person.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Ok. Think it's reached that time where I'm gonna take a step back and try to go a different direction with this.

I see you are upset that OC didn't pass, and you also mentioned constitutional carry so I will touch on that too.

The maps like you posted are typically fairly inaccurate in that they will often show a state to allow something when there are only a few elite who can actually do it. You have to really research the laws regarding OC in those states to see if it's really something that the average person can do.

If you are unhappy with Texas laws it's up to you to work to change it. It's obvious why OC didn't have a chance, picket didn't want it to. The only way to change that is to get Pickett out of his position so he can't block it next time. This is up to us supporters to garner more support. Politicians for the most part look at votes. A law that only effects CHL holders won't effect a large number of voters. Gotta change that.

As far as progress goes, we managed to make some progress, not a lot, but some while the news is spewing anti gun garbage on a daily basis, Washington was in a full bore attack on the 2A, and every anti gun org in the nation was in overdrive pumping out as much disinformation and propaganda as they could make up.

We moved in spite of tremendous amount of resistance from a small minority that is attempting to brainwash the nation and gun control was a huge hot button issue that normally makes politicians hide for fear of pissing someone off.

All things considered we did good. Now we need to take this and carry it in to the next session. We need to be working on educating people about guns and working to get the right people in the right places to make it happen.

Other progress made. CHL classes shortened, no renewal class, no more NSA/SA. Switchblades legal(I consider knives to be arms and therefore pertinent to a 2A discussion.

Oh yeah, constitutional carry.

Right now we got people on this forum who are against open carry dispute the fact they would still be able to co crimes carry. Talk of constitutional carry get people worked up about reciprocity, cops, and a million other things. It's gonna be tough to get it passed state wide when it's such a debate on a forum like this one.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    ok, since you ask.. I'd like to hear full Constitutional Carry. If you are not a felon, in the act of committing a crime, drunk or high, you can have a firearm, hand gun or long gun, on or about your person.

And do you have any plans to help get this done.

If so, what are you going to do.

I'm not being an ass, but getting mad won't make it legal. If it's gonna happen, it's gonna take some work.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Seems only 5 states have Constitutional carry right now.

Doubt it's gonna happen here anytime soon unless we really get in hear and start educating people.

Or just kick out all the California liberals;)

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Seems only 5 states have Constitutional carry right now.

Doubt it's gonna happen here anytime soon unless we really get in hear and start educating people.

Or just kick out all the California liberals;)

Amen on that last part. With all of the lefties and yankees coming here for work, it's going to be harder to get anything done.
    [No offense meant to any gun guys/gals who came here from those states] But alot of the others are going to bring their liberal/yankee ideals with them. and yes they will be voting.

it's hard to get any real meaningful laws passed in Texas. I remember when we were working on voter ID laws, where you were required to show ID before you voted and they actually wheeled a democrat into the chamber in a freaking hospital bed so he could vote NO on it.

n2pistols

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Hurst, Texas
    Embarrassing to say the least We can't get any type of Constitutional Carry when MS and AR, just got it also. There is only a few states now without some form of Open Carry and Texas is in that group that includes CA, IL, NY, and FL . Will we ever see this?

Anyone that says the Texas is like California can not a born Texan or an adopted Texan (which I am for 45 years).
    :mad:

dennisz

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Pipe Creek, TX (Hill Country)
    I would like anyone that thinks Texas is like Kalifornia to trade places with me and see how they like it out here! NOT!!! That's why I'm moving out of here, and don't worry, I'm NOTone of those liberals or lefty nut cases.

Dennis

Trung Si

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Hill County
    Anyone that says the Texas is like California can not a born Texan or an adopted Texan (which I am for 45 years).
    :mad:
    Thank You!
    Comparing Gun Laws in Texas to CA or NY absurd, I fail to understand the whining here, we have the most pro 2A Administration of any State Here in Texas, just in case you haven't been paying Attention!;)

Top Bottom