ARJ Defense ad

Texas is in a small club now that includes CA, IL and NY... this is embarrassing

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    No open or constitutional carry and lenghty and redundant process one has to go through just to get an unconstitutional piece of plastic. Elmer fudds let pride cloud their judgement. I love Texas and would never leave but I'm not gonna refuse to see the facts that we are far behind other states when it comes to gun freedom.

CitizenSeven

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Dallas
    No open or constitutional carry and lenghty and redundant process one has to go through just to get an unconstitutional piece of plastic. Elmer fudds let pride cloud their judgement. I love Texas and would never leave but I'm not gonna refuse to see the facts that we are far behind other states when it comes to gun freedom.

+1

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Elmer Fudds?????

I'm not a fan of the hoops required for a CHL, but what is redundant about it?

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Elmer Fudds?????

I'm not a fan of the hoops required for a CHL, but what is redundant about it?

Renewals where good fingerprints on file are rejected :confused: <-- not being argumentative, just a hurdle I ran across that I thought was pointless, redundant, odd etc

Which by the way makes me wonder. If licensed law abiding citizens fingerprints can degrade to the point of being unreadable by their standards in just 4 years, what the hell is the fingerprint criminal system for anyway? If they lose ability to read a CHLers prints likewise they lose ability to read everybody's prints...ie felons, criminals, etc.

Is this why "we" are going to DNA ? And how soon before a bill comes to the floor to make CHL applicants be swabbed? Also, will illegal migrant aliens be forced to be DNA swabbed too?

Oop, got carried away. Just came in to kill time while truck cools down and I can do an oil change. Never mind me :o

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Thank You!
    Comparing Gun Laws in Texas to CA or NY absurd, I fail to understand the whining here, we have the most pro 2A Administration of any State Here in Texas, just in case you haven't been paying Attention!;)

it's good, but it could be better, lots better and this last legislative session really didn't help that much

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    How many phone calls and letters did you write? Member of NRA and TSRA?
    Life Member of NRA, been a member for 15 years, I upgraded to Life after Sandy Hook. I have also personally recruited at least 5 of my friends to join NRA and or TSRA. I basically shamed them into it. Member TSRA, and I stay in close contact with my State Rep, she co-authored HB700, she's a good one. I've been a CHL holder since it was enacted with no lapses. I headed a local campaign to boycott Walmart and other stores when they were trying to 30.06 us out of there when CHL was new. So yeah, I'm pretty much in your face with my 2A convictions. How about you???

Tough Guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Life Member of NRA, been a member for 15 years, I upgraded to Life after Sandy Hook. I have also personally recruited at least 5 of my friends to join NRA and or TSRA. I basically shamed them into it. Member TSRA, and I stay in close contact with my State Rep, she co-authored HB700, she's a good one. I've been a CHL holder since it was enacted with no lapses. I headed a local campaign to boycott Walmart and other stores when they were trying to 30.06 us out of there when CHL was new. So yeah, I'm pretty much in your face with my 2A convictions. How about you???

I'm purty sure you just put txinvestigator to shame with that resume.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I also printed off several copies Schumer/Manchin/Toomey and took it out to people who thought that a background check bill would be a good thing. I think I opened the eyes of several people. Last year, I knocked doors for Ted Cruz and helped him win by convincing several of my Republican friends that Dooshurst [yes, I know how it's spelled]was not going to be good for us. I actually credit Mark Levin for turning me on to Ted Cruz last year. And let me tell you, Ted Cruz stood toe to toe with the witch Feinstein and shut her freaking mouth on the 2A. Dooshhurst would have never done that. I got my Local Chapter Friends of the NRA banquet invite in the mail the other day and plan to take my boy with me and just for the heck of it, I'm also a Cold War Era Military Veteran, so I swore the oath to defend the Constitution and I still take it seriously all of these years later

Last edited:

Tough Guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    How many phone calls and letters did you write? Member of NRA and TSRA?

Personally I thought this comment was uncalled for. I mean what's next, producing a copy of who I voted for in the last election? I'm ex military and that's all I care to say. I'm not going to keep a copy of all my emails, phone calls or other and put them on a forum to prove to one lone person I did something. It ain't none of their business. If serving my country isn't enough then to hell with em.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Personally I thought this comment was uncalled for. I mean what's next, producing a copy of who I voted for in the last election? I'm ex military and that's all I care to say. I'm not going to keep a copy of all my emails, phone calls or other and put them on a forum to prove to one lone person I did something. It ain't none of their business. If serving my country isn't enough then to hell with em.
    I won't be accused of not acting on my convictions. I've lived it.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Truth hurts guys.
    Texas is not leading the way. Not even in the money.
    I love her as much as anyone, but there's work to be finished.

x2

It seems a lot of people took OP's comments to heart.

cool-runnings-slow-clap.gif

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin

TX is far better than NM. You have to look at the big picture. For example, look at what happens after a person uses his gun.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Here is what I've found. Seems decent to me. I'm always hearing about people in Texas going through grand jury trials after clearly justifiable shootings.

New Mexico does not have a law based on the castle doctrine, per se. However, the state’s self-defense statute does not require victims to retreat when they or their property come under attack. The law, which has been on the books since 1907, is somewhat vague. Courts have held in past rulings that deadly force must be merited; in other words, a landowner cannot justifiably shoot someone merely for trespassing on his property.

Top Bottom