• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Never heard of them, but your argument is very subjective. "They sound like used car salesmen." Got something more concrete? That's like "yer mama dresses you funny." Different things to different people.

Legal protection for $10 a month? I have a prepaid legal service, but it provides a discount should litigation be required. There is no way in hell you get complete representation for $10 a month.

Oh yeah. And attorney / client privilege has nothing to do with cases tried, cases won, etc. it prevents exposing who a client is, why they needed a lawyer, and case details. Statistics are not privileged to my knowledge. Any attorney worth his salt brags on it. (Your welcome Sig)
    , you are mistaken. The represent you through conclusion of trial. Civil and criminal. You too, should research.
    Venture Surplus ad

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I only ask because I value your opinion, but do you pay for any service of this type?

No one was there to talk with us during our class but TLS was mentioned briefly by our instructor.

No, currently I don't. I still need to do my due diligence in researching what's available out there before deciding on what I may end up choosing to sign up for in the future.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    They do not cover expert witnesses and a couple other things but the lawyer is paid from the time you call until the trial is over.

TrevX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    You shouldn't guess to support your argument. They have defended people and have won. Go to their website and read the archived newsletters. Learn first, then comment

I stand corrected....it very well may be worthwhile to spend the $10.95/month or annual fee on this service....some of the cases there are an eye opener that I would have never thought about and they stood by their clients.

Texas Law Shield, LLP

Pyrogenic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    At an ammo store in Houston, a cop there said he thought it was good. They make plenty of money since the likelihood of having to use them is very low. I bought the coverage for me and my wife with interstate coverage for $320 per year I think. If I EVER had to use it it would pay for itself for sure unless it is a scam, but I haven't heard anything negative about them so far...

Wild hair

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    At an ammo store in Houston, a cop there said he thought it was good. They make plenty of money since the likelihood of having to use them is very low. I bought the coverage for me and my wife with interstate coverage for $320 per year I think. If I EVER had to use it it would pay for itself for sure unless it is a scam, but I haven't heard anything negative about them so far...

Just looked at it....for hubby & myself, including minor child, & instate....$279 a year... That is a great price for piece of mind

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Pyrogenic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    That's sounds right. About the same as my m/c insurance... And covers much more liability. Hope they will come through if I need em!

r-gray

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Plano, TX
    I remember hearing their sales "pitch". One thing I'd like to add, in case if it hasn't been mentioned, is that even if you don't sign up with them, the rep said they'll cover your case for $25,000. That's pretty cheap from what I understand. My CHL instructor paid something like $135,000. for his lawyer fees after he had to shoot an armed guy coming at him and his wife at a gas station.

68blackbird

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Corpus Christi
    I remember hearing their sales "pitch". One thing I'd like to add, in case if it hasn't been mentioned, is that even if you don't sign up with them, the rep said they'll cover your case for $25,000. That's pretty cheap from what I understand. My CHL instructor paid something like $135,000. for his lawyer fees after he had to shoot an armed guy coming at him and his wife at a gas station.
    I'd like to hear the rest of that story...

r-gray

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Plano, TX
    I'd like to hear the rest of that story...
    OK, I'm going from memory from my CHL class about a year ago.

I took my CHL class at "Dallas Concealed Carry" - the teacher was Dan Harmon (or something like that).

His "shooting event" was back in the early '90's, before Texas CHL, before the castle law, etc. I believe - I'm not that familiar with the dates of these things. (EDIT...now I see that TX got concealed carry in the 80's)

He told the class his story. They were from Lubbock and came to Dallas to see a Garth Brooks concert at Reunion Arena. After the show, he and his wife got lost, went into a bad part of town (Oak Cliff) and got low on gas. He stopped his truck at the station, got out, and this guy from across the parking lot was walking swiftly towards him, raising a gun up gradually as he walked (or jogged). Daniel pulled out his handgun and put eight .45's into this guy's chest as he ran and fell (unbelievable!). The first cop arrived and it turns out she actually knew the guy who had been shot. She questioned Daniel and was filling out a form - she asked Daniel if he attempted to retreat. Daniel said something to this effect - "no but I didn't want to leave my wife here with this gunman." But all she writes down is "no" - without his explanation. Later they found that the bad guy's gun was empty...it looked like an attempted armed robbery with an empty gun. Anyway, I think it took a couple of years to get this whole thing resolved...he was found "not guilty" and owed his lawyer $135K for all of his time.

I remember Daniel saying he lost tons of weight (75 lbs or something). He said for months he couldn't eat or sleep much. He was a good instructor...if you're around the Dallas area I'd recommend him.

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jakeps
    Top Bottom