• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    This question is been brought each time I ask this. I don't have a plan, I also don't have an extra $240 to throw away, I just want some kind of comfirmation that TLS...or ANY pre-paid services will be there for me if I need them. After about a month of searching, I have yet to be convinced any pre-paid service is money well spent. I mean, are you 100% sure TLS will be there for you if you need them? If so, what gives you the assurance they will? I don't mean that disrespectfully. 1. I hope you never have to find out. 2. If you do need to use your weapon on someone, I HOPE they WILL be there fro you...or anyone else. Trust me, if I KNEW they were legit, I will be the first person to say i was wrong and will sign me & my wife up that day, guaranteed.

What kind of proof are you seeking? How do you know that your insurance company will pay off if your house burns down?

Terms of Contract

Frequently Asked Questions
    Capitol Armory ad

68blackbird

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Corpus Christi
    How do you know that your insurance company will pay off if your house burns down?

I assume they will because after paying my premiums for years, when a storm ripped up my carport, tore up my yard/fence, they came out and made me whole...and then some. I was pleasantly surprised how well they took care of the matter. They, being Farm Bureau. Because of the great service I got from them, I have recommened to many friends. My next door neighbor got similar service from them. So as this exampe shows, service was paid for, service was recieved, there was a basis to either recommend or not recommend....savy?

What kind of proof are you seeking?

Refer to above story, all I was looking for was someone who had paid TLS(or any other legal service), and had to use them and what was the outcome, nothing more/less. To this day after rather extensive search, I have yet to find (1) story, case, proclomation of anyone who can recommend TLS because of 1st hand experience using them. I can't expalin myself any clearer than this.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I assume they will because after paying my premiums for years, when a storm ripped up my carport, tore up my yard/fence, they came out and made me whole...and then some. I was pleasantly surprised how well they took care of the matter. They, being Farm Bureau. Because of the great service I got from them, I have recommened to many friends. My next door neighbor got similar service from them. So as this exampe shows, service was paid for, service was recieved, there was a basis to either recommend or not recommend....savy?
    OK, before THAT, how did you know?

I don't care if you get the service or not. But your questions and hesitation seems disingenious to me.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I think his questions show due diligence. Then about the thousands of their customers out there - not ONE has had need of their services? I think even one provable story of their performance could well lead many others to their doors.

68blackbird

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Corpus Christi

I don't care if you get the service or not. But your questions and hesitation seems disingenious to me.

I don't care if you keep their service or not, fair enough?

Disingenious....have to tell ya, never been called that before, glad I found this forum, I can knock that term off my list now.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Aw come on TI, give it a rest! Maybe it was an experience from his parents while growing up, friends referrals or maybe a good rating from JD Powers. What's the relevance?

I don't care if you get the service or not. But your questions and hesitation seems disingeniousto me.
    You challenge his every move, I challenge you to put forth a solid basis for that statement.

I am aware of several people {not personally} who used them successfully.
    That's it! You're going to beat him up at every move and then toss that out there like it's a trump card and not even TRY to give him the information he's been asking for from the get go?!?!? He's not acting like Bagged02 so why not help him out or ignore the thread. You're better than that.

Clearly 68blackbird can handle himself well so he doesn't need my help, those are just my thoughts.

68blackbird

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Corpus Christi
    Sorry guys, he seems way too overconcerned about this. If you feel differently, good for you.

Better than that? I have been worked MUCH better than that.

LOL...sounds like the pot calling the kettle black. TI, you seem waaay more concerned about this than I ever did. I am just looking for a simple answer, but maybe not quite as simple as this... Originally Posted by txinvestigator I am aware of several people {not personally} who used them successfully.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Looks like you will probably not find any first hand knowledge of TLS being used here.

Whether that means anything, I couldn't say. Seems like if they were very bad the first person screwed over would be sounding of with a bill horn and word would spread like wildfire through the firearms community in Texas.

Looks like a draw. I'm not sure how many subscribers TLS has either and factoring the percentage of CHL holders who have to use their gun VS the number of CHL holders using TLS I'm not sure it would be a huge stretch if it hasn't really been tested.

Looks like your gonna have to go with your gut.

68blackbird

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Corpus Christi
    Looks like you will probably not find any first hand knowledge of TLS being used here.

Whether that means anything, I couldn't say. Seems like if they were very bad the first person screwed over would be sounding of with a bill horn and word would spread like wildfire through the firearms community in Texas.

Looks like a draw. I'm not sure how many subscribers TLS has either and factoring the percentage of CHL holders who have to use their gun VS the number of CHL holders using TLS I'm not sure it would be a huge stretch if it hasn't really been tested.

Looks like your gonna have to go with your gut.

I think your right. I have been on other forums before taking my CHL class to bring myself up to speed. Found this site(which I am glad) so I thought I'd throw it out there, thought that it is a TEXAS site, might have a decent chance of finding my answer. Probably at least a month away from getting my plastic so I'll still have time to decide. I will make that trip to Houston and see if I can talk to someone in person when that time comes. Thanks for the vine, Kel....

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Houston
    ok, folks. it is very simple. Google it.
    There are some CHL classes that allow the promotion of Texas Law Shield and many of you have seen them at gun shows.
    There is also Legal Shield which is sometimes promoted in CHL classes.
    There are some big differences between the two. Texas Law Shield seems to be focused primarily on the defense of lawful gun owners and could be called a retainer. This point is debatable but people need to know exactly what the services provide.
    Legal Shield was formerly Pre-Paid Legal and is basically and MLM business model. It does provide more legal services than TLS but you have to be aware of the issues with them. You have to read the fine print and research, research, research before you commit. I personally recommend that anyone who has a renters or homeowners policy add umbrella coverage for lawsuits of any kind. Coverage for personal defense situations outside of the homeowners coverage is a good idea also.
    Google it and figure it out.

68blackbird

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Corpus Christi
    ok, folks. it is very simple. Google it.
    There are some CHL classes that allow the promotion of Texas Law Shield and many of you have seen them at gun shows.
    There is also Legal Shield which is sometimes promoted in CHL classes.
    There are some big differences between the two. Texas Law Shield seems to be focused primarily on the defense of lawful gun owners and could be called a retainer. This point is debatable but people need to know exactly what the services provide.
    Legal Shield was formerly Pre-Paid Legal and is basically and MLM business model. It does provide more legal services than TLS but you have to be aware of the issues with them. You have to read the fine print and research, research, research before you commit. I personally recommend that anyone who has a renters or homeowners policy add umbrella coverage for lawsuits of any kind. Coverage for personal defense situations outside of the homeowners coverage is a good idea also.
    Google it and figure it out.

I hear ya MT....I've been Googling this for weeks, I'm Googled out on it......

BTW, while Googling for TLS, I found this website, so not all was lost... :cool:

Last edited:

makeitcount

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    fort worth
    I am a client of TLS and so far I have NOT had to use them.Their contract with me says that they will be there to defend me in state or out. While I agree with the analogy of how do your homeowners will cover your house if it burns down. - this has that same flavor.
    At this point when I have called or emailed TLS I have always had pretty close to a response within minutes or a couple of hours depending on time of day. I've no reason to don't their intentions. Anx I do agree it does seem to be down to a defensive stance vs something else prepaid legal services mihht offer.
    smartass phone acknowledgement

weinerdog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    FYI...been reading the posts on TLS. I have the same questions as 68blackbird, and have pinged my CHL instructors on info on real cases. No response from them yet.

I also pinged the Sales Manager that spoke at our class. She said she can not disclose info due to attorney client privilege, which makes sense. So you may not find any info on the net about people using them. If I was in a legal battle, I would not be posting things online about it. But she did say if you go through their news letter archives, you can find general info about cases they have been involved in. She also confirmed the service does not cover appeals.

I still have not made a decision on whether I will sign up, but I am leaning towards it. It seems to be relatively low cost to cover the associated risk. The low fees, I'm sure, are due to the number of clients they have in the program vs. the number of cases they work. So, they still probably do well profit wise, and we get the benefit of volume pricing.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    A personal friend of mine is a CHL Instructor here in Dallas. He teaches at the DFW Gun Range. During my last renewal class the TLS guy came in to give his spiel. I discussed this option with my instructor friend. He said he had done some research into the organization and found nothing but good things. I trusted his opinion and signed up. If we all remember the first case taken to court after the CHL went into affect. It was the case of a guy who used the pistol he carried in his car to repel a guy that attacked him at a stoplight. The guy had legal fees in excess of $200,000 by the time the trial was over. Hopefully I will never have to use the TLS services, but I had rather pay their small yearly fee; than face those large attorney fees on my own.

Top Bottom