• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    i saw that. looks like it wasn't locked and it was firing in his pocket, battery got way overheated and vented.

Sent from my Nokia 5160 using Snake
    ARJ Defense ad

Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Who knew there'd be a vaping thread on a gun forum? Put down the stinkies 5 years ago. Currently holster a DNA Reuli topped with an Aromamizer ... weak side OWB. DIY my juice as well - 80v/20p and 4mg/ml Nic.

To date, the only range that has ever expressed concern over my vaping while shooting is Athena.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Check out: http://liionwholesale.com/collections/batteries/Sony I've used them many times, and vtc5s go for $8.60.
    nice! good vendor and legit batteries?

i had a set of 4 a few years back that lasted about 6 months on a mech.

went to 25r and they are pretty good also, but now that VTC5s are available again I'd go to those.

all the old batteries get reassigned to flashlight duty

Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    nice! good vendor and legit batteries?

The company gets my highest marks. They actually test their batteries so you can be confident you are buying what they are advertising. I have a few vtc3s, 4s and 5s, but I'm most partial to the LG HG2s - most of my vaping is medium to low wattage TC so I favor the higher mAh batteries.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    The company gets my highest marks. They actually test their batteries so you can be confident you are buying what they are advertising. I have a few vtc3s, 4s and 5s, but I'm most partial to the LG HG2s - most of my vaping is medium to low wattage TC so I favor the higher mAh batteries.
    good to know. i saw that they test the batteries.

i vape at 75w on my 250w unit. I don't know who in the hell can or would vape over 100w.

I guess it's like me wanting a 338 lapua and knowing damn well I'll be hard pressed to even find a range over 500-800y

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    1 year. No cigarettes. Vaping a 30 mil bottle about every 2 weeks.
    Just recently dropped from 12 to 9 mg of nicotine.
    Going to try 6 mg next week.
    Smells and tastes are way amplified compared to a year ago.
    I cant claim any real health benefits beyond that.

Saved a boat load of money though.
    My truck don't stink, and no holes burned in the seat or my shirts.

Philip Morris can go to hell.
    Big milestone, Congrats.

Have you forgotten feeling better a year ago?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Busted the tank on my Nautilis mini again yesterday. Went to get a new one and left with a sub ohm iStickTC60W.

Guy was pushing the big clouds and all that shit. Got home and turned it down to 13w with low airflow. Pretty much the same I was getting out of the Nautilus now but shouldn't have all the issues I got with the stick batteries.

Had to by juice from them and I really don't like it. Always harsh. Made them give me an extra bottle of straight VG so I could mix it. Guy claims there's no way to smoke 24mg without it being harsh, don't know why he won't just change his VG/PG mix. I'll get some more of my good stuff Monday.

Tried to tell me "next time you come in I'm gonna bring it down to 18mg"

No, your not.

Sent from my HAL 9000

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    man, I'm in love with my aromamizer rdta from steamcrave. 6ml tank, velocity deck and hits like a dripper at 0.2 ohm... well, because it is a dripper.

run it on top of an arctic wolf 200w (at 75w).

Really like the Boardwalk Elixir line from Kemah...specifically the Cafe con Leche

WarHawk_AVG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    Here is my stuff...low end single coil stuff
    Haven't had a stinky since Aug 1, 2013
    arsenalb_zpsce04d79b.jpg

Sent from my 9006W using Tapatalk

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I guess it's time to start stocking up on gear and juice. I wonder if the new FDA regs are going to cause shortages and price increases.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I'd bet price increases for sure.

Wonder how long until Texas adds it to their list of "sin tax" items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DangitDon

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2015
    Cowtown, USA
    This is MHO only: I think that the feds are going to try to put the Mom&Pop businesses out of business. That way the Big Tobacco can afford to meet their regulations. I vape to quit cigs. Most of my stuff is of the ego type or the Vamo type of batteries. (I leave the cloud chasers to their hobby.)I tried the e-cig look alike and there just wasn't enough 'smoke' to make it feel like smoking. Went a year or so until the ego style batteries came out. (I had smoked some 50+ years) The only thing that Vaped right was tobacco flavors. The tootie-fruity flavors just wouldn't cut it. I found that Marlboro and Ry4 filled the bill. Got hooked on double Ry4 creamy. Vaped it for almost a year+ solid. I tried to come down on nicotine and found around mid day I would have almost Panic attacks. I had to find out how to figure out how they got the nicotine ratio. It is X% in 10ml. If it is 500ml of juice you are making it is still figured at X% of 10ml. So if your cigs have 21 to 24 mg of nicotine per pack you need to start at that level or just below it. I use 999.9% liquid nicotine and make 300 to 700ml of juice. You have to be extra careful with 999% nic. Just one drop on the palm of a toddler would kill him and on a teen make them real sick. To give you an idea it takes 3 to 4 drops in 10ml to equal a 18 to 24% of nic in the 10ml bottle. This is why I make 300 to 700ml at a time so that a small goof up isn't such a big deal. So if you vape 5ml of juice a day with 24mg nic you are getting 12mg of nic. I f you want to make your own there is a calculator (free) to figure % of nic, flavor, pg, vg. It is ejuicemeup.com. Just remember if you want to quit cigs you have to have something to replace the hand to mouth action,the flavor your brain is used to and the sight of smoke. Stick with this for a while then slowly introduce flavor (ie: in the evening watching tv) and before long you will be a non smoker. The worst part for me was not being able to have a cig in my mouth as I worked on a car or projects around the house . Good luck to those who are trying to quit.

Last edited:

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    i got the flu yesterday.... slept like 17 hours and vaped once since I started feeling ill. Haven't vaped at all today. I'm hoping this is my exit strategy lol.

the other side of me is saying "you have like 30ml of lemon cheescake and 60ml of MyMan!

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I vape 24mg for more own sanity.

Yeah, I could quit altogether if I wasn't a pussy about it, but it's a battle I'm not ready to fight.

These do gooder ass wipes need to quit being so damn concerned with how everyone else chooses to live their life.

I got an IStick T60 with a Melo 2 tank. Still use standard coils. Tried the Ni and Ti but didn't like the flavor or how it burned.

Keep it turned down and if I get in a high stress situation I close off the airflow, open the fill port, pull some juice in to the coil, the set the airflow and fill port back to normal for a good "booster shot". Still not like the idjits that want to blow big clouds of snake just for the sake of doing it. Guess when they blow something, they want it to be big.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I smoked for over 40 years. A lot. Pack and a half a day and more on weekends. Going on 6 years ago, I switched to vaping. July 22, 2010 at 4:30pm to be exact. A day I will never forget. I had tried cold turkey many times, aqua filters, ultra low nic cigs, step down filters. Nothing worked for me. Started with an Ego kit and haven't touched a cigarette since. Still using Ego type batteries. It took me 6 months to find a flavor and brand and strength that I could vape all day. I started with atomizers. Switched to cartomizers, and then to cartomizer tanks.

I can't truthfully say that I've noticed any improvement in my health or well being, other than the cough is gone. And no more complaining from my wife. I can vape in the living room or here in front of the computer without smoking up the house. Even in the car. There really is no lingering odor.

As far as nic strength, I started with 12mg but needed more. Tried 18mg and that was almost enough. Been using 24mg for about 5 years now and that works.

My main motivation for switching to vaping was the cost of cigarettes. Even at Walgreens, the cheapest place I could find, a carton of cigarettes was right at $60. I averaged 6 cartons a month. $360. Over $4300 a year. I estimate the vaping costs me about $60 a month with the juice and the cartomizers. Once a year I have to replace the Ego bats at about $17 each. I do rotate thru 4 batteries a day. Did I mention I'm a chain vaper. :)

Anyway, I have no plans to quit vaping or even try to reduce my nicotine intake. I just hope the Mom and Pop shops don't get shut down and the FDA doesn't ban internet sales of nicotine juice as they have done with cigarettes.

The fight with the FDA isn't over yet, I think it's just begun.

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/deeming-regulations-have-been-released.739789/

tC_Matt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2016
    c2c75288fce979892641048748d4a678.jpg

Here are my mods.
    My preferred flavor of juice is sour patch kids.

DangitDon

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2015
    Cowtown, USA
    Bozz I have always liked the cartomizer tanks but I had to give them up because all of them (Boge,Smoke Tec, and the off shoots don't last very long any more and also leak more than when I first started using them. I use the Kanger pro II with 1.8 to 2.4 ohm coils. The coils last quite a while, Vape well at 3.2 volts. (using real Kanger coils) and don't leak out the bottom. I have even taken them apart pulled out all the packing, cleaned the crust off and repacked using organic cotton balls. It works but is time consuming. So I buy 50 coils at a time and replace about every week and a half to two weeks. I use them on two Vamo 2 and a Tesla. I like you vape most all the time. I'm vaping at 26mg of nic per 10ml and am thinking about cutting it back to 20mg per 10 ml on the next batch of juice I make.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rod99
    Top Bottom