• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tC_Matt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2016
    Bozz I have always liked the cartomizer tanks but I had to give them up because all of them (Boge,Smoke Tec, and the off shoots don't last very long any more and also leak more than when I first started using them. I use the Kanger pro II with 1.8 to 2.4 ohm coils. The coils last quite a while, Vape well at 3.2 volts. (using real Kanger coils) and don't leak out the bottom. I have even taken them apart pulled out all the packing, cleaned the crust off and repacked using organic cotton balls. It works but is time consuming. So I buy 50 coils at a time and replace about every week and a half to two weeks. I use them on two Vamo 2 and a Tesla. I like you vape most all the time. I'm vaping at 26mg of nic per 10ml and am thinking about cutting it back to 20mg per 10 ml on the next batch of juice I make.

You make juice?
    DK Firearms

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Making juice isn't complicated and a whole lot cheaper than buying it. You can even get the VG or PG premixed at the nicotine level you want then add the flavor yourself and come out at 25-50% the cost of buying in store.

I've considered it several times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tC_Matt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2016
    Hmmm. I may do that. I just bought a freaking 100ML of my favorite juice and it was few bucks shy of $50

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Dammm. I just bought three (3) different flavors of juice in 102ml bottles and it cost me just over $51 with shipping.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    My everyday vape juice usually runs about $40 for 120ml regular price. A lot of times, they have holiday sales for 25% off and I try to plan accordingly. Mother's Day sale was only 10% off tho. 120ml will last me 4 weeks.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Bozz I have always liked the cartomizer tanks but I had to give them up because all of them (Boge,Smoke Tec, and the off shoots don't last very long any more and also leak more than when I first started using them. I use the Kanger pro II with 1.8 to 2.4 ohm coils.

Ah, okay. I didn't mean cartomizer tanks in that sense. I mean I use tanks with prepunched cartomizers. Smoke Tek DCT tanks and Smoke Tek XL single coil prepunched 1.7 ohm cartomizers. I have never had one leak. The cartomizers last two, sometimes three weeks with a set of four, 1100ma Kgo batteries.

DangitDon

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2015
    Cowtown, USA
    tC Matt.... Yes I make my own juice. Bought a gallon each of pg and vg in 2012 or 2013. I still have a lot left. If you make your own just remember that just because 10% of one flavor is just doesn't mean that the next flavor will work great at 10%. some I have had to run as high as 15% and some as low as 8%. Make small amounts (say 10ml) in 15 or 30ml bottle that way you can add 1,2,or 3% more if needed. Nicotine to what you desire because un nicotined juice tastes different than nicotined juice. let it steep for 2 week to 2 months with a good shaking a couple of times a day. then if you have written down the % of pg,vg,flavor or flavors you can make 200 to 800ml.

Bozz... I don't like the dual coil set up in cartos. If you could PM me what kind works best for you (last the longest) and where to get them from would be great. Very few shops still carry cartomizers any more and they are dual coil and many years old.
    For all... the address for e-juice me up % calculator (you can Google) or it is www.breaktru.com . For your PG and VG google e juice makings. You can find it in gallon jugs for about $30 a gallon(I think wal-mart sells pints or quarts). If ordering on line make sure it is USA food grade or medical grade.For nicotine make sure it comes from the USA. The Chinese will buy 30 to 55 gallon drums from the the US and break it down into smaller quantity bottles and make a nice profit on it. It is fun making your own. Mixing flavors together is sometimes a bitch. I have been trying for 3 years to perfect a Blueberry Cheese Cake with graham cracker crust. Talk about steep time LOL. A drop on my finger taste just right but vape it and it ain't near the same.
    Have fun, but watch the nicotine, it can be deadly. Oh yes for sucking up VG you can get 60 to 80ml syringes and 3 inch long 12ga needles from your local Feed/Grain store. If you have a source for long 10ga needles, please let me know!

Last edited:

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    today is day 6 without vaping and nicotine

Drove from DFW to Lafayette. A little rough.
    Stayed overnight in a hotel... A little rougher
    Drove back to DFW last night... getting better.

The drives are going to kill me, i do about 4k/month, and without vaping.... it's potato chips and beef jerky lol.

Taking dumps requires a bit more effort as well. But that was always the case when quitting cigarettes.

What to do with all my mods, attys, and juice... and 6 new VTC5s...

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    "How Many Milligrams of Nicotine in a Cigarette?
    It should be noted that a regular pack of cigarettes contains 8 to 20 milligrams of nicotine and from that only 1 mg is absorbed when it is smoked. Now on a smaller scale, this means from every cigarette stub containing approximately 1.2 mg of nicotine, the smoker will absorb around 0.1 mg of nicotine from it. Marlboro on the other hand, has lesser nicotine content at 0.8 mg. However, the nicotine content of many American cigarettes has increased significantly in the past years. So, this means the higher nicotine content would naturally result to a higher amount is absorbed by the body.

Nicotine content varies not only by brand and type of cigarette but also by country of origin as well. The information of nicotine content is shown on every cigarette package; moreover checking on the company's website can give you the full details."

http://www.med-health.net/How-Many-Milligrams-Of-Nicotine-In-A-Cigarette.html

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    What mods do you have?

stingray x clone
    penny clone, magnet upgrade
    Jemit scroll OG
    Arctic Wolf 200w (my everday beast)

was using my steamcrave aromamizer every day as well. nice to have a rda that I can run down to 0.10 ohm and still get good flavor with 6ml reserve lol
    2nd favorites were plume veils, then brass monkee

DangitDon

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2015
    Cowtown, USA
    Bozz..You can go ahead and post the PM you sent me as I think more people would use the info. I can't remember why I don't like the dual coil Cartos. In 2012 when I started vaping I loved the Cartos in tanks. I would use as close to 3.2 >Ohms and crank up the watts and volts. It made for a great vape. The only thing I didn't like was you cant pick up your vaping device by the tank, your tank would pull right off the carto LOL. I even had a couple of carto punches so I could take advantage on sales of non pre-punched cartos. I will look around and find all the new cartos and new used(cleaned with everclear) and then ask for your mailing address and let you play with them. I am going to do a yard sale this summer and try to get rid of a bunch of stuff. I will post pics here after I see what I have left. (no mods except Vamos like items that are VV and VW) quite a few Ego type passthrough, w/3 settings. I have so much heat sensitive stuff in my loading room that I couldn't load any ammo. Also may be getting a divorce sometime this year so a lot of tools and such will have to go.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    IMAG1592.jpg

'murica

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    August 8, the FDA's deeming (dooming) regulations go into effect. The have deemed nic juice and all vaping paraphernalia to fall under the description of tobacco products and thus will be controlled and regulated as such. This means that approval must be granted for each brand, type, flavor, device, etc, before it can be sold.

Yeah, it's a bitch. Big tobacco may be the only ones that can afford the approval process.

http://www.fda.gov/TobaccoProducts/Labeling/ucm388395.htm

[h=5]Provisions and Requirements[/h]The final rule will subject all manufacturers, importers and/or retailers of newly-regulated tobacco products to any applicable provisions related to tobacco products in the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act and FDA regulations, including:

• Registering manufacturing establishments and providing product listings to the FDA;
    • Reporting ingredients, and harmful and potentially harmful constituents;
    • Requiring premarket review and authorization of new tobacco products by the FDA;
    • Placing health warnings on product packages and advertisements; and
    • Not selling modified risk tobacco products (including those described as “light,” “low,” or “mild”) unless authorized by the FDA.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    i quit... for the most part. Good month or so under my belt... but...

i still vape when I take a dump at home. I don't bring it out, or when I travel for work.

Top Bottom