• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I just got home from grocery shopping. When I quit working I vowed never to have to step foot in a grocery store again, but here I am. Its me & the dog & I generally deviate from my list every time I shop. And then there are the thing they are out of on my list. WTF is up with Kosher pouching salt? Now they don't have large container of coarse bak pepper. And Topu Chico in the plastic bottles, I hate carrying glass bottles out in the trash.

I shop Brookshire's in Groesbeck simply because I like it better then Brookshire Brother's in Jewett or Buffalo.

Here's a breakdown of my bill
    Vendor coupons $21.19
    Thank you card discounts $51.10
    Grand total $72.29
    A savings of 25%

Mind you they took 5% off for my senior discount before this of $12.66. And after all that it was still $221.56
    Capitol Armory ad

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Fuel. The cost of fuel to run the big ass tractors for plowing, planting, spraying, harvesting, mowing, ect. Trucks to move the product from the field/yard to the plant/processor. Then to the warehouse/cold storage. Packaged and off to the distributor. Palatized and trucked to your market.

Back when DJT was POTIS fuel was running under 2.80 a gallon. It was pushing 5.00 last week. Your groceries are not going up due to inflation. They are driving the inflation.

Steve In Texas

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2023
    Austin, Texas
    My wife and I track our budget and have for ages. In the last 30 months there has been roughly a 1% per month overall increase in day to day costs. Fuel, car insurance and groceries have been the points of most pain. I had built our forward budget with a now unrealistically low inflation rate. We have had problems making the income go up accordingly.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    My wife and I track our budget and have for ages. In the last 30 months there has been roughly a 1% per month overall increase in day to day costs. Fuel, car insurance and groceries have been the points of most pain. I had built our forward budget with a now unrealistically low inflation rate. We have had problems making the income go up accordingly.

Homeowners insurance went up 50% from last year.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Food, energy, and insurance is going to hyperinflate next year. We'll see defilation in nearly everything else simply because no one is going to have any money after meeting their basic needs in the above

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Tractors, a snap shot of the economy. From Sandhills.

Used high H-P, up 32.82% in last rolling 12 months. This is used, because no one can afford new.

New, just sitting there.
    Dealers observed a surge in high-HP tractor inventory levels since Q2 2023, especially in 2022 model year row crop tractors. Among high-HP tractors overall, September inventory levels were almost double what they were last year, up 84.91% YOY.

Top Bottom