• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steve In Texas

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2023
    Austin, Texas
    I cannot afford any more of Joe's Bidenomics.

My wife came back from a $200 grocery trek with two bags. I remember when that would same money filled the trunk and then some. But the crazy increases under Joe Biden's watch have really hurt.

If I go through my expense tracking budget, food has been the second most painful at like 60% over the three years. Health insurance is right behind it at 50% increase in three years. Fuel still takes the lead at nearly doubling.

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    Yup. I'm back on Ramen. Walmart .30 cents a pack.

IMG_6701.jpeg

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I cannot afford any more of Joe's Bidenomics.

My wife came back from a $200 grocery trek with two bags. I remember when that would same money filled the trunk and then some. But the crazy increases under Joe Biden's watch have really hurt.

If I go through my expense tracking budget, food has been the second most painful at like 60% over the three years. Health insurance is right behind it at 50% increase in three years. Fuel still takes the lead at nearly doubling.
    FJB

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    And quantity you get is less. So cost is much higher. She asks what I want for dinner - whatever is left over from last time.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Yeah it really does suck enough to discuss it. I shop @ Brookshire's in Groesbeck, for a couple of reasons, #1) I like the store. Clean, not to big, nice meat department & produce & its some what close to home. I also like the points system for 5% off with every $500.00 spent & senior discount .

So today I spent a little more then normal because I picked up 2 whole pork butts. Next month I cooking the monthly senior luncheon at the Volunteer Fire Department. Im not one to pass on deals & coupons are worth the effort to me, aint like I have a bunch going on. Today I chosen to burn my 5% in points because of coupons & shopping the add. I saved $120.68 or 37% of my total bill. Not to bad for a fat old bearded crippled up guy.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Riding solo these days too, I find myself buying just what I need for this week. I no longer have a bunch of hungry teens to feed every day. But I too am trying to buy bargains.

Made a roast a couple weeks ago and ended up forgetting it in the garage fridge and had to throw 1/3 of it away. I hate wasting food when its so darn expensive.

Today I bought 1/2 gallon milk for cereal, a bag of Fritos for chili pie, and two bags of salad. Been putting meat in my salads. Not sure I've ever bought that little before.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Some very good sale prices on beef from time to time. Buy it and freeze it.
    I pretty much shop the marked down meat and freeze it. I have2 fridges and both are pretty full.

Seeing as the store was out of chicken thighs that were on sale I’ll be eating chili most of the week. I tend to make a big meal and eat it all week.

Top Bottom