• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    When the price of a nicely appointed truck escalated to $75-$100k plus WTF did you think was gonna happen? Yes all else follows suit.
    A lunch at Taco Bell used to be $4 delicious now it's $10-$11 puke and smaller portions. Well so I've been told. Anyway it's called Obama/Bidenomics so vote accordingly or don't vote at all.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Fuel. The cost of fuel to run the big ass tractors for plowing, planting, spraying, harvesting, mowing, ect. Trucks to move the product from the field/yard to the plant/processor. Then to the warehouse/cold storage. Packaged and off to the distributor. Palatized and trucked to your market.

Back when DJT was POTIS fuel was running under 2.80 a gallon. It was pushing 5.00 last week. Your groceries are not going up due to inflation. Biden is driving the inflation.

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    Theres a Brookshires and a Walmart in my little town and I've shopped at Brookshires exactly twice. Nice employees, good produce, clean store but the 3 Brookshires I've ever been in have been darn near ghost-towns at varying times of day. Did a weekly grocery trip not buying anything special a few years ago walked out with $75. The next week I made an effort to buy similar things and walked out of walmart for $45. Now that same trip has got me for about $65-75. I won't even bother going into Brookshires to see how much they'd be now.

If I have to have a stupid little plastic card and clip coupons and combine foods I otherwise wouldn't buy to get actual discounts I just don't care to shop there.

Now HEB today compared to Walmart seems to be on-par price wise but their quality is about twice as good. My only issue is the closest one is a 25 minute drive and its a madhouse at all times I've gone there. I have found with random PTO days I can get in there on a tuesday morning and its not an unbearable fleamarket mass of morons aimlessly wandering the aisles, but last time I went to HEB the entire freezer and open cooler sections were down so no meat or ice cream.

I'm sure its partly inflation, and partly prices going up because raising them 15% would result in a confusing number for most consumers. If a $9.99 steak 5 years ago were raised 20% you'd expect to pay $11.99 right? That same steak is inexplicably $18.99 now. A pound of ground beef went from $3.89 to $5.49.

I do find it a little funny, baboon of all guys with multiple NFA items retired at his lake house is complaining about an extra $10 in gas to buy groceries :laughing:

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    I have had the same insurance man for 30+ years. When my rates go up I tell him straight up if you cannot find me like insurance for less money I will. He's always come through. One time he did try selling me Progressive I told him "Look you know me better then that".

I do the same thing. When my home owners insurance goes up. I call my agent and he always finds me better and less expensive
    insurance. This year when it doubled, he got me another carrier with more coverage and less deductible for 1/2 the cost.

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Theres a Brookshires and a Walmart in my little town and I've shopped at Brookshires exactly twice. Nice employees, good produce, clean store but the 3 Brookshires I've ever been in have been darn near ghost-towns at varying times of day. Did a weekly grocery trip not buying anything special a few years ago walked out with $75. The next week I made an effort to buy similar things and walked out of walmart for $45. Now that same trip has got me for about $65-75. I won't even bother going into Brookshires to see how much they'd be now.

If I have to have a stupid little plastic card and clip coupons and combine foods I otherwise wouldn't buy to get actual discounts I just don't care to shop there.

Now HEB today compared to Walmart seems to be on-par price wise but their quality is about twice as good. My only issue is the closest one is a 25 minute drive and its a madhouse at all times I've gone there. I have found with random PTO days I can get in there on a tuesday morning and its not an unbearable fleamarket mass of morons aimlessly wandering the aisles, but last time I went to HEB the entire freezer and open cooler sections were down so no meat or ice cream.

I'm sure its partly inflation, and partly prices going up because raising them 15% would result in a confusing number for most consumers. If a $9.99 steak 5 years ago were raised 20% you'd expect to pay $11.99 right? That same steak is inexplicably $18.99 now. A pound of ground beef went from $3.89 to $5.49.

I do find it a little funny, baboon of all guys with multiple NFA items retired at his lake house is complaining about an extra $10 in gas to buy groceries :laughing:

Do not forget the increased wages for some people who are not worth what they are being paid. Until we go through some really shitty times, things will continue to worsen. Incompetent government officials are no help either, they do not have the interest of Americans as a priority, but their own welfare. We do need a great reset on the order of 1776.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!

The multiple NFA items were earned working two jobs at once for 22 years straight. Baboon always worked every bit of overtime on his primary job he was offered.

My lake house is not water front, and I have to say I'm very glad of that. Taxes on water front are more, so are if you have a bulkhead, dock and just how nice your dock may be, Some are two story & have man caves on top.

Baboon also has multiple NFA because he never pissed his money away on drinking, drugs or witty bars. Baboon never bought a Harley or other brand murder cycle, Never had that midlife crisis were I ran out & got that muscle or sports car. Fact is Baboon vehicles are old. My truck is a 2001 with 140K original miles. The wife car IIRC is a 2015 so it aint like Baboon has a crazy new vehicle payment. The truck was paid off in 3 months. The wife car in two years.

Baboons lake house was not the acreage out in the country where he could hunt on & have a nice ass range, like he really wanted. Instead Baboon found a nice house that would be low maintenance gave Mrs. Baboon the things she wanted that the hovel in Houston lacked. Mainly I compromised my wants to get her closer to her parents.

And Baboon never choose to raise any kids & Mrs. Baboon was down with that. Mainly because those that I knew who had kids did a shit load of bitching about how much they cost. Baboon was also married to Mrs Baboon for 36 years. No divorces & child support adds up pretty quickly.

And as far as saving $10.00 on gas or a years time that buys a couple cases ammo to stock pile or feed hungry NFA.

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    Do not forget the increased wages for some people who are not worth what they are being paid. Until we go through some really shitty times, things will continue to worsen. Incompetent government officials are no help either, they do not have the interest of Americans as a priority, but their own welfare. We do need a great reset on the order of 1776.
    I can't disagree with you on that; some people are mouth breathing idiots who's daily success is leaving the house with pants and shoes on but still inexplicably get hired to McJobs all the time. My understanding is employees are the single biggest expenditure for most companies out there however those same companies, hiring managers, or small business owners complaining nobody competent is even applying is because wages are so low. I'm not even alluding to welfare, covid checks, etc. If I'm at McJob A, why would I want to work at McJob B? Same shit different logo isn't enough of an appeal to even apply let alone actively seek employment there.

Personally I'll poke around and see what some jobs pay and knowing what some workers have to do for their paycheck I know I'd never even consider applying for that low of pay and I'm not even a high-income earner. I know I could probably run an auto parts store alone, keep products on the shelf, work the computer, mop the floors, greet customers, and offer solutions. No way I'd do it for what they're paying those guys though. I could say the same for a lot of jobs out there; I keep getting told to apply and work for a city/county, not sure I want to take $20-40k paycuts though.

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    The multiple NFA items were earned working two jobs at once for 22 years straight. Baboon always worked every bit of overtime on his primary job he was offered.

My lake house is not water front, and I have to say I'm very glad of that. Taxes on water front are more, so are if you have a bulkhead, dock and just how nice your dock may be, Some are two story & have man caves on top.

Baboon also has multiple NFA because he never pissed his money away on drinking, drugs or witty bars. Baboon never bought a Harley or other brand murder cycle, Never had that midlife crisis were I ran out & got that muscle or sports car. Fact is Baboon vehicles are old. My truck is a 2001 with 140K original miles. The wife car IIRC is a 2015 so it aint like Baboon has a crazy new vehicle payment. The truck was paid off in 3 months. The wife car in two years.

Baboons lake house was not the acreage out in the country where he could hunt on & have a nice ass range, like he really wanted. Instead Baboon found a nice house that would be low maintenance gave Mrs. Baboon the things she wanted that the hovel in Houston lacked. Mainly I compromised my wants to get her closer to her parents.

And Baboon never choose to raise any kids & Mrs. Baboon was down with that. Mainly because those that I knew who had kids did a shit load of bitching about how much they cost. Baboon was also married to Mrs Baboon for 36 years. No divorces & child support adds up pretty quickly.

And as far as saving $10.00 on gas or a years time that buys a couple cases ammo to stock pile or feed hungry NFA.
    Hold your fire! I was pokin' a little fun at you not diggin in as your accountant!

I poke fun at my mom for the same thing: she gets a craving for gross food like a big mac, Churchs chicken, or burger king maybe a couple times a year. Last week she was complaining about how a whopper meal was $12 and it tasted like crap and there wasn't much food anyway. I poked fun at her $1.2 million house and Mercedes Benz while she's complaining about a $12 fast food combo costing way too much not living up to her filet mignon taste.

I'm with you, save where you can so you can spend where you want. Again, not a criticism!

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I'm with you, save where you can so you can spend where you want. Again, not a criticism!
    I get use to that shit a lot about being cheap. A lot of the same retards often gave me a lot of shit about what I own or have done in my life.

I bought second hand Rolex many years ago. I would catch so much shit about it. The ones that really pissed me off were the idiots telling me their sail foam tells more accurate time. They are same one who just have to get the latest I-phone and drop a bunch of money on music or TV on their phones. While my Rolex keeps increasing in value & they trade their phone in again.

I have told the story about Stevie who I worked with when I first started working as a meat cutter. I come to find out he is renting a house in my old neighborhood. We get to talking & he asks what I'm been doing. I tell him about the NFA & hunting in Africa. He does not believe me, said I could never afford that. He comes to the house sees the taxidermy, looks in the safes & still don't believe me. Photo albums, tax stamps Can't believe it. He really looses it when he ask what I pay in rent. When I tell him I paid it off in 15 years it's mine he starts really loosing it.

I break it down for him real simple like. Stevie your a drunkard, you buy 1 tall boys at a time thinking you will drink less but all your doing is making money for the Stop & Rob. You had a kid then ended up divorced WTF did that cost you for 18 years? you got a small dick and you thought a corvette would fix that. Your how old and have paid rent basically making someone else house note on their rental.

Needless to say he quit coming around. Then his live on women died. Not even married to her & her parents had stupid money. He goes out & blows big money on her funeral.

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    The central planners have proclaimed inflation is receeding as long as you do not consider items for which it is not.

I would like to ram a pitch fork up their collective ass and explain how it's not that bad if you don't count the tines.

The Hell with these bastards.

10-96inTexas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2022
    Cooterville
    At 70 I have seen a lot of price fluctuations over the years. When I was 20 I drove a 3/4 ton pickup with a 55 gallon tank in the bed and it was nothing to fill it up. But today, today is a different story. Everything is up, not just up but way up. My wife and I thought we were set for our last few years in the greatest country on Earth but that appears to be in jeopardy. Groceries, gas, insurance, everything else drastically up. We hardly ever eat out. We don't buy luxury items. Every day we watch prices rise and I mostly blame our POS government. Runaway illegal immigration, we can't drill and produce our own petroleum products, electric vehicles and wind power, we give Billions to the Ukraine and the list goes on and on. Rant over.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Brookshires is a great option here. Far better meat at far better prices than HEB, Walmart, etc. Good prices in general for groceries. Get in and out quickly.

HEB is high. Walmart for the most part is not a deal any longer. Not as big a store, so not as much selection.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    lots of various grocery items can be sourced at dolar general, familydollar and dor tree for cheaper than most grocery stores!

Or maybe I'll use that spreadsheet of Beto voters in my area and source off them. It'll be a true test of their charity they believe EVERYONE else should be willing to display. :banana:

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    lots of various grocery items can be sourced at dolar general, familydollar and dor tree for cheaper than most grocery stores!
    I have an OTC drug card that is good at Family Dollar & Dollar General. Both the Family Dollar out here are a shambles every both times I went inside. The isles are to close together & the are out of what I went for.

Dollar General is actually much nicer IMHO. I'll be real honest & say I hate going into most any store. Buying groceries for me is a major pain in the ass. I'm hurting like hell just loading my cart. Then loading the shit onto the belt in the check stand wears my fat ass out. Then getting it home & putting it away I'm wrecked the next day.

Although I will go use my OTC card @ Dollar General I'm not one for shopping several stores.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I have an OTC drug card that is good at Family Dollar & Dollar General. Both the Family Dollar out here are a shambles every both times I went inside. The isles are to close together & the are out of what I went for.

Dollar General is actually much nicer IMHO. I'll be real honest & say I hate going into most any store. Buying groceries for me is a major pain in the ass. I'm hurting like hell just loading my cart. Then loading the shit onto the belt in the check stand wears my fat ass out. Then getting it home & putting it away I'm wrecked the next day.

Although I will go use my OTC card @ Dollar General I'm not one for shopping several stores.
    If buying food, watch the expiration dates at those stores.

Top Bottom