ARJ Defense ad

The Government is "Shut Down" and My Life Is...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phoenix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2014
    phoenix,

Texas will NEVER be Blue or even Purple in the lifetime of any living Texican.

yours, satx

God I hope not. IF we lose Texas we lose the country. It sort of balances out california. Sadly short of civil war, repeal of the 13-15th amendments, repeal of the voting rights act, requiring someone to have skin in the game to vote I am wondering how? The demographics are how dems play the games and lets be candid more whites support republicans and are not making as many babies as blacks and latinos who tend to support democrats MUCH more than whites support republicans.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    nqnvlmunha721.png

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    1. First. I'm for a wall.

2. I'm tired of hearing that the shutdown is Trump's attempt to deliver on a campaign promise. Wrong!!!

3. His campaign promise was that he'd get Mexico to pay for a wall.

How is it that we've forgotten about #3 !?!?
    Time to revisit the actual promise.
    I don't want my taxes to pay for the darned thing.

?

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    1. First. I'm for a wall.

2. I'm tired of hearing that the shutdown is Trump's attempt to deliver on a campaign promise. Wrong!!!

3. His campaign promise was that he'd get Mexico to pay for a wall.

How is it that we've forgotten about #3 !?!?
    Time to revisit the actual promise.
    I don't want my taxes to pay for the darned thing.

?

HKShooter65,

1. I'm 100% FOR BUILDING the wall & IMMEDIATELY.
    2. I'm SICK TO DEATH of the leftist DIMocRATS "talking points", vague promises & constant LIES.
    3. I don't care who pays for the wall, as long as it's built & SOON.
    (IF the POTUS wants to be re-elected he will NOT back off even one inch to "get along with" the BIGOTED/HATEFUL/SWINISH DIMocRAT moronic leftist extremists.)
    and
    4. IF we want the wall buiit W/O spending additional taxpayer's money, tell every federal agency to CUT their budget by 1 percent. = ONE PERCENT would be MORE than enough money for the wall.
    (I was once a federal investigator & there is PLENTY of money being WASTED now on worthless projects, fraud & outright theft to pay for SEVERAL walls.)

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    gshayd,

I too got my Army pension check about 2 minutes after Midnight this AM.

The "main-SLIME media" simply LIES.

yours, satx

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The Government is not shut down. I got my Retirement checks from the military and Army Civil Service and my check from the VA.

The consensus here seems to want to build a wall.
    Agree.

What is less clear is whether or not it is acceptable for Trump to continue to strong-arm the policy by holding hundreds of thousands of loyal American workers at financial hostage. They are feeling like pawns in a terrible game.

Every conservative and most of the smart liberals (not an oxymoron, beat you to it) that I know are sick of the liberal press and many of our legislators doing everything they can to make Trump look a failure.

If the wall is a good idea it should be sellable on its own merits.
    Trump found it tough enough to coerce his own party, formerly in control of congress, to do his bidding.
    I'm thinking it's time to open the government without wall funding and then let the wall funding pass on its own merits as part of a much needed much larger immigration reform.

Time for Trump to man-up.
    Playing the autocrat is beginning to make him seem the oppressor as he bludgeons financial hardship on our citizens.

I agree with his mission, though I no longer believe his method to be productive.

Last edited:

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Schumer and Pelosi, along with rinos eaten up with TDS, are ultimately responsible for the shutdown.

Just as their refusal to stop illegal immigration, jeopardizing National security and politically weaponizing the issue, is responsible for the deaths and misery from and to the caravan.

2A issue ... exactly the same methodology, different name, same goal.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I believe with the mentality of the average liberal the only way they would be in favor of building the wall is if Trump came out against a border.

Maybe he should try that?
    :)

I think he should go back to Mexico paying.

THAT was the promise.

Most sensible Dems and GOPers are for sensible immigration reform and a secure border.
    It's one of the issues where most are actually pretty much in agreement.
    CNN and Fox fomenting malcontent is a source of so much manufactured division.

I have yet to know of a liberal who wants an open border or a conservative who wants to shut out farm or construction laborers. When do we get real?

Last edited:

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Maybe he should try that?
    :)

I think he should go back to Mexico paying.

THAT was the promise.

Most sensible Dems and GOPers are for sensible immigration reform and a secure border.
    It's one of the issues where most are actually pretty much in agreement.
    CNN and Fox fomenting malcontent is a source of so much manufactured division.

I have yet to know of a liberal who wants an open border or a conservative who wants to shut out farm or construction laborers. When do we get real?
    What I've seen is that many democrats, probably because of media bias, are in the Never Trump mode. Sensible has gone out the window, even some republicans jump on board that train hoping that will boost their support.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    easy rider,

ImVho, ANY GOP member who fails to FULLY SUPPORT our party platform AND building the wall should be DUMPED off the RNC & other $$$$$$$ lists.
    Being a RINO should be punished.

yours, satx

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    easy rider,

ImVho, ANY GOP member who fails to FULLY SUPPORT our party platform AND building the wall should be DUMPED off the RNC & other $$$$$$$ lists.
    Being a RINO should be punished.

yours, satx

This country not being Nazi Germany or the Soviet Union, I need you to take your opinion:

Gbx9RaE.gif

And then think about what you said.

Top Bottom