Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I am officially out of touch; I have no idea what that means.... lol
    The Gathering Of The Juggalos is an annual music festival (including music, drugs, sex, weird entertainment, wrestling, etc.) featuring the Insane Clown Posse, all the artists on their label, and anyone else they can get to attend.

Interestingly, The Gathering has become something of a touchstone of American culture to some observers. It's come up from the underground (kinda sorta but not really) and is heavily attended each year by journalists, from both the U.S. and foreign countries, who are trying to get in touch with the "real" America. Journalists have sought the rotten underbelly of the beast, no matter what beast they're researching, since time immemorial. Burning Man has gotten too corporate and too famous so now they go to The Gathering.

The Juggalos, to their credit, want no part of that. They don't claim to represent disaffected youth; they just want to party. So when outsiders try to capitalize on their little world, they tend to react badly. Tia Tequila, for example, tried to make some news and get some publicity by appearing at The Gathering a few years ago. The Juggalos responded with flying liquor bottles and rocks when she came on stage. She was injured and forced to withdraw.

One good thing I'll say for them - they won't be easily turned into a watered-down meme suitable for inclusion in soda pop advertisements. I can't be as kind to The Beatles or The Eagles or their fans. ;)

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ...I bet your maserati doesn't do 185
    That guy was opening, as a solo act, for Heart in SA in 1978. I was there and he was so stoned, he couldn't get through his set. At one point, he turned his back on the audience and spent 5 minutes talking to his drummer, completely ignoring the audience. The audience got very quiet. He noticed. He then proceeded to turn around and spend a couple of minutes cursing out the audience for not being involved, telling us we were ungrateful and that we couldn't possibly be that drunk already.

And he was so drunk he could barely stand.

Worst opening act ever.

Then Heart came out and absolutely killed it. ;)

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I've seen quite a few cleaver man stickers on cars around town.
    I'm surprised. They just don't fit with my image of Austin.

My favorite ICP quote, this one about Selena Gomez: "If she's lettin' The Beebs hit it, then technically she's still a virgin."

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Austin has it all, man. Hippies new and old, urban cowboys, yuppies, hipsters, IT nerds, goths, metal heads, frat boys... everything. Usually a lot of overlap in categories, too. I love people watching in Austin. :laughing:

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I'm glad I looked it up. This whole time I thought y'all were talking about gigolos -lol

I have no problem shooting any and all clowns on site. Ever since I watched "IT" I'm suspicious of those evil scary bastards.

Hondo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    The F in DFW
    I'm glad I looked it up. This whole time I thought y'all were talking about gigolos -lol
    I have no problem shooting any and all clowns on site. Ever since I watched "IT" I'm suspicious of those evil scary bastards.

The only "good" clown is one wearing torn overalls with a big red hankey and being chased by a bull.

These Juggalos are sneaky, I too thought they could be easily identified by their douchey clown mask....but it's not that simple. I looked up pictures of one of their "gatherings", hell it looks like the same shirtless, crusty eyed, tatted up, retards I see all the time at WalMart!

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013

Same here. This thread has turned into a "Public Service Announcement" as many of us were unaware of these jack-holes. I'm not an End-Timer...well at least I wasn't but I'm beginning to wonder if the up-surgence of insensate violence we're beginning to experience is a precursor to something. I can tell you this, I'm not waiting until after Christmas to purchase that hi-cap .45 I've been hankering for.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Four times? Shit. I bet you have an Owen Wilson nose haha

It's a short, rounded beak. Check out the profile pics. I positioned the pieces about where they looked normal and left it alone. Unfortunately, I wasn't right and it caused breathing problems later. The Septum is deviated big time.

Years later, Doc thought some sinus cavities may have been cracked so he did a complete head Xray series. When we looked at them, he asked "When did you have your skull fractured?" I replied that I never did. He said, "Look at this!" Sure enough, if you draw a line from the corner of my left eye to the top of my ear, it's pushed in noticeably.

My glasses sit crooked on my face but that is not because the glasses are defective...snicker.

Returning to the OP.............
    Some people don't go "out" when they're hit. Some don't go down. Those punks will pick on someone who can take a punch and that man is going to be MAD! That's when this situation is going to be corrected!

Flash

Last edited:

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    lol... oh yeah. I've seen quite a few cleaver man stickers on cars around town.

Haven't seen any cleaver man logos since high school.

I'm surprised. They just don't fit with my image of Austin.

My favorite ICP quote, this one about Selena Gomez: "If she's lettin' The Beebs hit it, then technically she's still a virgin."

Lmao those two ICP clowns can have their moments from the very diminutive selection of non-music clips I've seen of them.

Top Bottom