• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I've had my nose broken four times and my skull fractured from the corner of my left eye to the ear and I've been hit so hard tha I heard "bells". I've never been knocked out or knocked down. I hope one of these punks hits the wrong man and he tears them into bite sized pieces!

Flash

I got my head slammed into a block wall hard enough to see stars once. Came close to losing it, because I thought for sure I was going to throw up afterward. Didn't know that was a sign that you're about to pass out.

The Gathering Of The Juggalos is an annual music festival (including music, drugs, sex, weird entertainment, wrestling, etc.) featuring the Insane Clown Posse, all the artists on their label, and anyone else they can get to attend.

Interestingly, The Gathering has become something of a touchstone of American culture to some observers. It's come up from the underground (kinda sorta but not really) and is heavily attended each year by journalists, from both the U.S. and foreign countries, who are trying to get in touch with the "real" America. Journalists have sought the rotten underbelly of the beast, no matter what beast they're researching, since time immemorial. Burning Man has gotten too corporate and too famous so now they go to The Gathering.

The Juggalos, to their credit, want no part of that. They don't claim to represent disaffected youth; they just want to party. So when outsiders try to capitalize on their little world, they tend to react badly. Tia Tequila, for example, tried to make some news and get some publicity by appearing at The Gathering a few years ago. The Juggalos responded with flying liquor bottles and rocks when she came on stage. She was injured and forced to withdraw.

One good thing I'll say for them - they won't be easily turned into a watered-down meme suitable for inclusion in soda pop advertisements. I can't be as kind to The Beatles or The Eagles or their fans. ;)

Unless that soda pop is Faygo... (Is that still a thing Juggalos do? It was about 10 years ago.)

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Four times? Shit. I bet you have an Owen Wilson nose haha

It's a short, rounded beak. Check out the profile pics. I positioned the pieces about where they looked normal and left it alone. Unfortunately, I wasn't right and it caused breathing problems later. The Septum is deviated big time.

Years later, Doc thought some sinus cavities may have been cracked so he did a complete head Xray series. When we looked at them, he asked "When did you have your skull fractured?" I replied that I never did. He said, "Look at this!" Sure enough, if you draw a line from the corner of my left eye to the top of my ear, it's pushed in noticeably.

My glasses sit crooked on my face but that is not because the glasses are defective...snicker.

Returning to the OP.............
    Some people don't go "out" when they're hit. Some don't go down. Those punks will pick on someone who can take a punch and that man is going to be MAD! That's when this situation is going to be corrected!

Flash

Damn it, now you're making me wonder. My glasses have always required some crazy non-symmetrical adjustments to keep from giving me headaches...

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    So when gun owners do start shooting these little bastards more frequently, which way does the law go? We all know what SHOULD happen but we also know how unreliable the legal system can be....especially towards gun owners!

I see this turning into "racist radical conservative shoots poor little black boy over game"

Personally, I will take whatever action is necessary to prevent a TBI to myself, loved ones or others in public but as we know common sense isn't exactly "common" these days!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I think Mexican Hippie mentioned the lack of time available to draw and fire at one of these shitbag perps. Getting a knife on them is more probable.

Frankly, watching that woman dressed in black & white getting knocked the F**K out is so repulsive, I've avoided this thread.

Freakin animals they are .....

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I think Mexican Hippie mentioned the lack of time available to draw and fire at one of these shitbag perps. Getting a knife on them is more probable.

Frankly, watching that woman dressed in black & white getting knocked the F**K out is so repulsive, I've avoided this thread.

Freakin animals they are .....

+1 to all that. Probably will carry a fixed blade if I end up in a downtown area in the near future just because of this.

Wish it was legal to carry the Gerber Mk I that I totally don't have because they're sharpened on both sides, but designed for IWB carry and would make an excellent self defense tool against something like this.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    All of this really drives home the point that, for the average civilian and even in most case LEOs, the absolute most relevant defensive training in the industry for our needs in my opinion is Craig David's (Southnarc - Shivworks) classes. We need to know about retention, positioning, using edged weapons, using edged weapons as a precursor to drawing our gun by cutting the attacker off you, what Craig terms MUC (Managing Unknown Contacts) for controlling people and situation/circumstances, and the list goes on.

If a person can't even keep from getting knocked out by some miscreant teenager, or getting raped by a group of demented hobos, the last thing in the world that they need is a cool guy carbine course, some NVGs, or otherwise blowing money on pimp tactical gear. That pretty much describes MOST of us. Just saying...

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Grew up in Michigan drinking Faygo.
    My mid-life crisis lived in Michigan so I used to alter all my business travel plans, to the extent reasonably possible, to take me to Detroit. I can't say I've ever seen a bottle or can of Faygo.

One thing I've never been able to figure out from looking at ICP videos - Just what is Faygo? Is it comparable to anything we have in Texas?

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I squared up on a group of 3-4 Juggalos downtown. I put myself between them and the party i was with. I didnt begin my draw as i would have pulled. I doubt they had bad intent at that exact moment but i think the way their fried brains work they could have. On drugs for sure, taking huge sagging steps, flailing their arms around. We live in a time of senseless crime. People will now attack you without any tangible objective.

Its gotten so bad here in Austin that its not worth going down town.

The other dangerous thing about these juggalo freaks or the homeless is they will close your personal space in no time. Cant let that happen. Walk with a purpose. Put away the damned iphone. Head on a swivel. I am more concerned about this random crime than i am about gangs and organized crime.

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    I squared up on a group of 3-4 Juggalos downtown. I put myself between them and the party i was with. I didnt begin my draw as i would have pulled. I doubt they had bad intent at that exact moment but i think the way their fried brains work they could have. On drugs for sure, taking huge sagging steps, flailing their arms around. We live in a time of senseless crime. People will now attack you without any tangible objective.

Its gotten so bad here in Austin that its not worth going down town.

The other dangerous thing about these juggalo freaks or the homeless is they will close your personal space in no time. Cant let that happen. Walk with a purpose. Put away the damned iphone. Head on a swivel. I am more concerned about this random crime than i am about gangs and organized crime.

I could not agree more. It's dangerous as it is walking down the street with people's nose glued to a little screen. If I need to use my phone in a crowded space I usually step off to the side so I won't be surrounded and I keep my eyes up as well.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I did not see this referenced in the thread but maybe it's worth a second look. With the teacher carrying the suitcase. The attacker slides behind his buddy and is ready to strike before the victim is aware of his presence. The front man blocks the view and the guy behind strikes. The only way this victim could have prevented his attack would be to stand aside against the wall so he could let the group pass while keeping his back covered.

Secondly, why was that man walking down a narrow alley and directly into a group of thugs? That alley should be off limits to an person who is aware of his surroundings! A shortcut that gets your butt stomped is not worth taking. This guy hand delivered himself to the thugs!

Last, the victim was apparently a teacher. His appearance as an academic automatically screams "UNARMED!" Don't telegraph your punches and don't display your weak points!

Flash

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I didn't realize Austin had gotten so bad until this thread. Yet another reason to never visit or move there.

I do partially wonder if Grand Theft Auto V started this trend around America. I LOVE video games and have never been one to lay blame on them, but then again....a game comes out introducing the sucker knock out and run, and here we have this popping up all over YouTube.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Austin is not that bad.

Sent from the Bacon isle at your local grocery store.

There's a lot that goes on in Austin that people never hear about, and the news doesn't report on, as it doesn't fit their agenda of Austin being some safe, liberal, hippie nirvana. Definitely not as bad as say some parts of Houston, San Antonio, etc. but still.

-I had a student that lived in downtown east Austin and had 3 guys with machetes break into her apartment.

-I had a student that escaped from an attempted kidnapping in a Walmart parking lot, in broad daylight. I believe that was the Walmart at Ben White and Brodie lane, or it might have been the one at Ben White and I35, I forget.

-A friend with APD apprehended a guy somewhere downtown Austin that had several blades and I think a couple machetes, and a handgun, that was hanging around an intersection, waving his gun around and pointing it at people.

-Earlier this year, a teenage girl was kidnapped in broad daylight from the 51st street and Cameron Rd area. She was raped for hours on end over night, left for dead, but managed to survive.

-Austin, as it is a college town, has an extremely high incidence rate of rapes. Abnormally high. You don't really hear about this, and it's almost never a topic discussed on the local news, but it is a very real problem. A lot of Austinites have unfortunately been fooled in to letting their guard down because they think Austin is a "safe" city.

The list goes on.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    There's a lot that goes on in Austin that people never hear about, and the news doesn't report on, as it doesn't fit their agenda of Austin being some safe, liberal, hippie nirvana. Definitely not as bad as say some parts of Houston, San Antonio, etc. but still.

-I had a student that lived in downtown east Austin and had 3 guys with machetes break into her apartment.

-I had a student that escaped from an attempted kidnapping in a Walmart parking lot, in broad daylight. I believe that was the Walmart at Ben White and Brodie lane, or it might have been the one at Ben White and I35, I forget.

-A friend with APD apprehended a guy somewhere downtown Austin that had several blades and I think a couple machetes, and a handgun, that was hanging around an intersection, waving his gun around and pointing it at people.

-Earlier this year, a teenage girl was kidnapped in broad daylight from the 51st street and Cameron Rd area. She was raped for hours on end over night, left for dead, but managed to survive.

-Austin, as it is a college town, has an extremely high incidence rate of rapes. Abnormally high. You don't really hear about this, and it's almost never a topic discussed on the local news, but it is a very real problem. A lot of Austinites have unfortunately been fooled in to letting their guard down because they think Austin is a "safe" city.

The list goes on.

Interesting post.

Top Bottom